Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

Worst case scenario for the Browns is if Watson is suspended 12 games and not a full season.

1. We’d be screwed out of a playoff spot at that point.

2. Watson would accrue enough games that his contract wouldn’t be postponed by a season. So we wouldn’t have a MASSIVE salary cap for 2023.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 10:45 AM, candyman93 said:

Worst case scenario for the Browns is if Watson is suspended 12 games and not a full season.

1. We’d be screwed out of a playoff spot at that point.

2. Watson would accrue enough games that his contract wouldn’t be postponed by a season. So we wouldn’t have a MASSIVE salary cap for 2023.

1. Why would we be screwed out of a playoff spot? Isn't it Stefanski's job to keep this boat afloat as long as possible, his job is to find alternate ways to win games and not be overly reliant on QB (Even though it is important)

2. We worry way too much about salary cap around here, this is the team who is routinely under the cap, AB and Depodesta would figure that out. Even if we had to trade guys and flip them into future assets, this is the NFL.

3. If it does come down that it is 12 games, I guarantee the locker room and coaches plan to play their best until week 13, they are not going to lay down and think this is a lost season, and the FO probably wont care much about the the accrual of games and salary cap if we are in playoff position late in the year, the will cross that path when it comes. I think we care more about these things than the FO does. 

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 7:05 AM, MWil23 said:

I always roll my eyes when multi millionaire professionals who have never had to work a real job a day in their lives say that they feel like a slave. Grow up and get some perspective.

- Not a fan of this mindset, if you research, there are a lot of parallels, if you do your research. 

- Yes, the players are getting paid handsomely, but that doesn't mean they get treated with respect and dignity as they should

- Outside of their guaranteed portion, they damn near have an At-Will contract

- The mindset of "they are getting millions so they should just shut up and be happy" (even though you may not have directly said it) never come off well to me. Those guys have every right to complain just like the average joe has the right to complain to their union rep.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

- Not a fan of this mindset, if you research, there are a lot of parallels, if you do your research. 

- Yes, the players are getting paid handsomely, but that doesn't mean they get treated with respect and dignity as they should

I don’t want to hear it. Come work my job for a day.

- Outside of their guaranteed portion, they damn near have an At-Will contract

Join the club

- The mindset of "they are getting millions so they should just shut up and be happy" (even though you may not have directly said it) never come off well to me. Those guys have every right to complain just like the average joe has the right to complain to their union rep.

That’s not what I said. I said that saying you’re a slave while getting paid is a ludicrous statement. They do have the right to complain and get paid or refuse to work and holdout, unlike slaves.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t want to hear it. Come work my job for a day.

Join the club

That’s not what I said. I said that saying you’re a slave while getting paid is a ludicrous statement. They do have the right to complain and get paid or refuse to work and holdout, unlike slaves.

- Not belittling your job but I have been a Dean of Students in both the inner city Detroit and inner city Cleveland areas, I know what a hard days work is.

- All I will say is the parallels are there, there is a world of info out there, YouTube, Podcasts, Blogs, you name it. Its there if you want to find it...

Edited by MSURacerDT55

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think it’s “just like slavery”, but them wanting to voice displeasure with their job doesn’t bother me.  I’m going to side with the labor every single time.

Yeah, I get the similarities. Hard work. Have to listen to a disciplinarian. A lot of rules.

Where it differs, and why it is disrespectful to those who actually went through it, they can just take their ball and go home. Chose another way of living. Simply, they are free to do what they want. 

So in other words, they aren't remotely the same. One is a choice and one isn't. 

• Like 2