Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Can we get back to talking about football and let go of the speculation of intra-organizational politics?

After all, aren't discussions of politics against the forum rules?

What say ye, @NudeTayne, our best moderator ever?

Yeah, sports only, guys...like women's swimming. Talk about women's swimming.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I know y’all don’t realize it yet

But this will be the most impactful roster choice we’ve made since Jim Brown

yeah he’s got a ton of baggage, but I’m telling you that you’re about to see the best Browns football of your life. 

I was just watching the NFL video of his career highlights and like 90% is just blown coverages. Only thing I liked from what I watched was his ability to see the blitz and avoid it. Other than that he did not look all that amazing to me, more just a competent QB. Better ? Yes, but color me skeptical about it being the most impactful move. 

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

I was just watching the NFL video of his career highlights and like 90% is just blown coverages. Only thing I liked from what I watched was his ability to see the blitz and avoid it. Other than that he did not look all that amazing to me, more just a competent QB. Color me skeptical about it being the most impactful move. 

I don't know, man. My only concern (football wise) is how the year off will impact him. I didn't see all his games in 2020, but the ones I saw he was REALLY good.

As far as blown coverages, that's a huge part of the game. The best QB's find the blown coverage and exploit it. It's like a home run hitter who makes the pitcher pay for the hanging curve.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

I don't know, man. My only concern (football wise) is how the year off will impact him. I didn't see all his games in 2020, but the ones I saw he was REALLY good.

As far as blown coverages, that's a huge part of the game. The best QB's find the blown coverage and exploit it. It's like a home run hitter who makes the pitcher pay for the hanging curve.

To be fair to Watson the quarterback, what he can do presnap in reading a defense, audibling to hot routes, and exposing those holes is pretty legit, and those are things that don’t show up on the highlight reels.

Throw in his athleticism, accuracy metrics, and ability to navigate the pocket/make plays outside of the pocket, and he’s a Top 5 quarterback.

My issues with him are only as a person. I have similar questions about the year off and concerns about his knee injuries from a longevity standpoint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pscottdai said:

I was just watching the NFL video of his career highlights and like 90% is just blown coverages. Only thing I liked from what I watched was his ability to see the blitz and avoid it. Other than that he did not look all that amazing to me, more just a competent QB. Better ? Yes, but color me skeptical about it being the most impactful move. 

Last time he played he threw for almost 5000 yards without Hopkins.

That’s a LOT of blown coverages.

1 hour ago, pscottdai said:

Excellent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Yeah blown coverages happen all the time. It’s been a long time since we’ve had someone who can exploit it. But that’s what highlights usually are. The big plays. Which are usually blown coverage. Watch the in between passes where he threads the needle and makes Darren fells and fuller look like pro bowlers. 

I’m not worried about the time off. Treat it like a training camp injury and he had to be out all year. Most QBs don’t have an issue coming back after a year or some time off. My biggest football question is how well can he play outside of a dome in wind and cold. He hasn’t had to do it much at all. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Good stuff as always by JT.

Apparently this was debunked (the contract part) but IDK.....I would rather trust Thomas and what he says than whatever is being pumped out by agents/front office for posturing purposes.

If thats true, then Baker has a image problem where he thinks he is better than 30M a year and he also thinks he is good enough to go to his preferred choice which is also not true.

So instead of being the Browns franchise QB for 30M/yr--he is now on the trade block with no contract and no potential buyers. I blame his agent for that one. Its the agents job to explain to him what his value actually is so he doesnt make moves like this.

55 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Apparently this was debunked (the contract part) but IDK.....I would rather trust Thomas and what he says than whatever is being pumped out by agents/front office for posturing purposes.

If thats true, then Baker has a image problem where he thinks he is better than 30M a year and he also thinks he is good enough to go to his preferred choice which is also not true.

So instead of being the Browns franchise QB for 30M/yr--he is now on the trade block with no contract and no potential buyers. I blame his agent for that one. Its the agents job to explain to him what his value actually is so he doesnt make moves like this.

Well this really has nothing to do with anything it is just to give people thoughts that Baker is the bad and the Browns are good.

What happened the year after Goff signed his 30 million+ per year contract?

How many here would have been upset if we signed Baker for 30 per the day after winning that playoff game?

26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well this really has nothing to do with anything it is just to give people thoughts that Baker is the bad and the Browns are good.

What happened the year after Goff signed his 30 million+ per year contract?

How many here would have been upset if we signed Baker for 30 per the day after winning that playoff game?

True, they just need to get rid of him ASAP if they can. Its already toxic there and now its super awkward and toxic at the same time. Eat 8M of his contract and trade him for a conditional mid-rounder and be done.

I wish it would have worked out differently but the longer this drags on the longer both sides look silly

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

True, they just need to get rid of him ASAP if they can. Its already toxic there and now its super awkward and toxic at the same time. Eat 8M of his contract and trade him for a conditional mid-rounder and be done.

I wish it would have worked out differently but the longer this drags on the longer both sides look silly

None of this is true.  Zero.

The only toxic thing right now are message boards.

Eating part of his contract is doing everyone a favor except the Browns.

This isnt "dragging on".  It just happened, and its MARCH.  Repeat, it is MARCH.  The only thing that would make us look silly is if we end up eating any of his salary.  

Might I also remind you that Baker may not even be able to pass a physical right now in order for a trade to even occur. 

C'mon man.  Be better.