Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

In all seriousness,  does Baker legitimately think that making these types of statements will endear himself to other teams?  I don't know who his public relations team is but they need to be fired ASAP.  Either that or Baker needs to stop having a bunch of yes men around him.  Does he seriously not see the benefit of how staying quiet will help him in the long run?  If he's going to do anything social media wise, it should be showing videos of him working out & throwing.

Peace!!!,

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

In all seriousness,  does Baker legitimately think that making these types of statements will endear himself to other teams?  I don't know who his public relations team is but they need to be fired ASAP.  Either that or Baker needs to stop having a bunch of yes men around him.  Does he seriously not see the benefit of how staying quiet will help him in the long run?  If he's going to do anything social media wise, it should be showing videos of him working out & throwing.

Peace!!!,

The only people who care seem to be the people who always complain about everything all of the time anyway.

What he has said has been said a million times by athletes and entertainers. He isn't wrong, but because he and others make a lot of money people expect them to eat poop and like it.

Teams don't care about that stuff anyway, it's all harmless opinion. Hell, teams don't care if you are a rapist or murderer so of course they don't care about it.

Our fans are bad. Specifically at the stadium. Screaming on 4th downs on offense and that stupid stuff that helps the opponent. He isn't wrong. He has tried to educate our dumb fans and praise the good ones but it seems everyone takes offense.

We have the right to boo or yell whenever we want but you lose the right to pretend you know anything about football if you are hurting the offense getting a play called because you are screaming...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

The only people who care seem to be the people who always complain about everything all of the time anyway.

What he has said has been said a million times by athletes and entertainers. He isn't wrong, but because he and others make a lot of money people expect them to eat poop and like it.

Teams don't care about that stuff anyway, it's all harmless opinion. Hell, teams don't care if you are a rapist or murderer so of course they don't care about it.

Our fans are bad. Specifically at the stadium. Screaming on 4th downs on offense and that stupid stuff that helps the opponent. He isn't wrong. He has tried to educate our dumb fans and praise the good ones but it seems everyone takes offense.

We have the right to boo or yell whenever we want but you lose the right to pretend you know anything about football if you are hurting the offense getting a play called because you are screaming...

A Mayfield apologia seconded by one from Appalachia?

Mayfield is not a victim...he is his own worst enemy.

Been trying to tell ya: It's in his head, mon.

• Like 1

I just watched the full interview 

it’s honestly wasn’t that bad at all. There were moments of humility, but still moments of immaturity. 

good thing it’s almost over. 

Baker can win a SuperBowl somewhere. I don’t doubt that. He really can if everything falls perfect. 

but this the nfl and that doesn’t happen often. Especially in this loaded AFC. 

I wish Baka Maybefield luck 🍀 

Edited by brownie man

50 minutes ago, bruceb said:

A Mayfield apologia seconded by one from Appalachia?

Mayfield is not a victim...he is his own worst enemy.

Been trying to tell ya: It's in his head, mon.

I'm from Ohio...

Who said Mayfield was a victim?

Why is he his own worst enemy? An athlete can be truthful, he isn't a politician.

His head is fine. Maybe I'm just different. Maybe it's because I worked alongside a Marine for a decade. Maybe it's because I'm not super-sensitive. I dunno, I just don't have issues with 99% of what I've heard him say or do off the field.

That said, I didn't watch the interview and likely won't. I already have a good handle on who he is and I'm pretty sure I get how he feels so I don't find it necessary.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm from Ohio...

Who said Mayfield was a victim?

Why is he his own worst enemy? An athlete can be truthful, he isn't a politician.

I mean, no one is saying he can’t.  They’re saying he shouldn’t.  When people view you as immature (the team it would seem for sure and the league very likely), going on a podcast and continuing to talk isn’t doing you any favors.

I get it though, you don’t care at all.  That all tracks.

His head is fine. Maybe I'm just different. Maybe it's because I worked alongside a Marine for a decade.

This is an odd comment lol.  “Maybe I don’t care because I work next to a guy who had this other job before he worked here”.

Maybe it's because I'm not super-sensitive. I dunno, I just don't have issues with 99% of what I've heard him say or do off the field.

There hasn’t been a criticism, valid or otherwise, made about Mayfield where you haven’t felt the need to cape for him either here or in Gen for as long as I can remember. It’s as if the dude can do no wrong to you.  Maybe you’re not sensitive to him being criticized, idk, but you’re definitely a bit biased and come across as much more Mayfield fanatic than objective observer imo.

• Like 2

I think "football wise" the moniker Baker Maybefield is quite accurate.  He has looked great at times, and awful at times.  Last year could have been injury related, but it's still uncertain.

The FO clearly saw Watson as an upgrade, to the extent that Maybefield + draft picks < Watson.  It's an interesting approach by Berry, since he will certainly be blamed if the Watson experiment fails.  It will look even worse if some team gets the "good" version of Baker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, no one is saying he can’t.  They’re saying he shouldn’t.  When people view you as immature (the team it would seem for sure and the league very likely), going on a podcast and continuing to talk isn’t doing you any favors.

I get it though, you don’t care at all.  That all tracks.

This is an odd comment lol.  “Maybe I don’t care because I work next to a guy who had this other job before he worked here”.

There hasn’t been a criticism, valid or otherwise, made about Mayfield where you haven’t felt the need to cape for him either here or in Gen for as long as I can remember. It’s as if the dude can do no wrong to you.  Maybe you’re not sensitive to him being criticized, idk, but you’re definitely a bit biased and come across as much more Mayfield fanatic than objective observer imo.

Ok Mayfield the business man

He qualifies to buy every single piece of real estate in Hunting Valley 

How many people think that he is getting treated as the same respect

As the Wolstein family 

Eg my case went to Warrensville hgts high;head of the alumni Brad sellers who is so broke he has to borrow money to pay taxes.

This alumni association never congratulated me for my Bronze star.

Graduating from a private college that I payed with my own money

There is not 1 phone call ever to me here in Jackson hole.

Furthermore not 1 teacher,administration, or student said congratulations on graduating early and getting college credits why

we are going to the prom.

This is a total a total insult.

So you may not like Mayfield but show some respect for  the businessman Because he has earned it.

15 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok Mayfield the business man

He qualifies to buy every single piece of real estate in Hunting Valley 

How many people think that he is getting treated as the same respect

As the Wolstein family 

Eg my case went to Warrensville hgts high;head of the alumni Brad sellers who is so broke he has to borrow money to pay taxes.

This alumni association never congratulated me for my Bronze star.

Graduating from a private college that I payed with my own money

There is not 1 phone call ever to me here in Jackson hole.

Furthermore not 1 teacher,administration, or student said congratulations on graduating early and getting college credits why

we are going to the prom.

This is a total a total insult.

So you may not like Mayfield but show some respect for  the businessman Because he has earned it.

Sir this is a Wendy’s.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Put the morals aside for a moment. I'm very curious to see if Watson emerges from this like Kobe (who had SIGNIFICANT off the court stuff that most people forget about) to become one of the GOAT's. Or will he be like Tiger Woods (who definitely brought some of his demons with him onto the golf course). I do think that's the biggest question mark with Watson.

This isn't really much of a concern on my part. Golf is an entirely different beast - it's a solitary and individualized sport that requires immeasurable amounts of concentration, focus, and precision. Football has a ton of moving parts and the QB position is supported by the players around them. Make a couple reads, throw the ball.

I know QB is regarded as the most difficult position in team sports and I agree, but I strongly doubt the "noise" would cause Watson to lose his ability to play football. He'll be fine.

14 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

They do. They see how he behaves and won't want that in their org.

• Like 1