Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Especially as a leader. To pull it off as a leader you have to be as good as Aaron Rodgers, not an inconsistent qb who bounces from bad to great and fails in the clutch 

It's why some surgeons get away with being a complete ****** bag while less accomplished workers dont get a chance at being such *****.

Even then I don’t think people like it or find it inspiring, it’s just tolerated because of what they’re capable of doing.

• Like 3

I never found Baker to be that polarizing.  The "haters" and "truthers" really find the need to get their point across in beating him up, or defending him.  It's like listening to a horrible politics argument.  Neither side will give an inch, and no one is changing the others' mind.

• Like 3

I think a key difference between your marine coworker and Mayfield is that while Baker is blunt in speaking his truth, he also has rabbit ears when it comes to listening to truth from others when it comes in the form of criticism. I’m cool when somebody wants to be unapologetically blunt, but that the same person needs to be willing to learn and listen to due criticism. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I never found Baker to be that polarizing.  The "haters" and "truthers" really find the need to get their point across in beating him up, or defending him.  It's like listening to a horrible politics argument.  Neither side will give an inch, and no one is changing the others' mind.

I just think the issue, much like with politics, is when people have blinders on when discussing him.

I think he’s talented, can play and we likely haven’t seen his best football.  I think very few players could have done as well as he did his first 4 seasons all things considered. 

That said, the issues with footwork, missing receivers who are open according all 22 nerds, and his attitude that seemingly has turned the Browns off as well as other teams potentially are real.

Too many folks just grab ahold of one of those points of view and won’t let go.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think a key difference between your marine coworker and Mayfield is that while Baker is blunt in speaking his truth, he also has rabbit ears when it comes to listening to truth from others when it comes in the form of criticism. I’m cool when somebody wants to be unapologetically blunt, but that the same person needs to be willing to learn and listen to due criticism. 

I suppose, but if you are asked a question and choose to answer you are going to be blunt.

As far as Mayfield battling with Cowherd and some of those guys he did feed the trolls but they were thrilled with it. It was their goal.

Baker is not the ideal face of a franchise and I get that. He isn't as crazy as everyone makes him out to be with his comments though. He also doesn't just give the generic answers that everyone wants (for some reason). I personally don't find issue with many athlete or celebrity comments. Their view may not match mine but I don't think that's a bad thing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I suppose, but if you are asked a question and choose to answer you are going to be blunt.

As far as Mayfield battling with Cowherd and some of those guys he did feed the trolls but they were thrilled with it. It was their goal.

Baker is not the ideal face of a franchise and I get that. He isn't as crazy as everyone makes him out to be with his comments though. He also doesn't just give the generic answers that everyone wants (for some reason). I personally don't find issue with many athlete or celebrity comments. Their view may not match mine but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Fwiw, I completely agree with all of this personally.

Baker going on Cowherd imo was cool.  Show some personality, have some fun.  Fans love that ish imo.

Im guessing it was more the day to day stuff than the podcasts/interviews and such though.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Im guessing it was more the day to day stuff than the podcasts/interviews and such though.

Sure and if he was a problem in the locker room or with coaching or the front office then all the "guessing" and "assuming" stuff makes sense. I don't believe that any of it is documented and even the "adult" comment was said to be made up by the Browns.

To criticize based on nothing makes me want to defend.

I get the football side. He has weaknesses and he isn't great in the system we used last year or in 2019 and some of that is on him for not being someone who is good in that system.

When it's his personality that comes under attack for stuff we assume or what his detractors say with no source then it just seems like picking on a guy to pick on him. I don't particularly like that. If something comes out and he was a real problem then I'll admit you guys were right even though you were just guessing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

What is the guaranteed amount?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-reportedly-reach-agreement-to-re-sign-quarterback-geno-smith/

Says a 3.5 Base. To me you most likely dont make this signing at all unless youve already decided youre out on Baker. 

Baker is going to end up somewhere good that'll be happy to have him Someone just has to go down first. 

36 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

You say the opposite to yourself in most sentences.

Huh

You type really well congratulations .

Lovely view of the tetons

Going to old faithful to see frozen geysers tomorrow. 

You still did not answer questions 

These posts are funny

4 wins no losses verses the Bengals

7wins 1 loss verses the Nfc that is 8 qbs right there 

That he is clearly better. 

Funny how none of the haters 

Brings those games up.

Question due you think the Steelers would like to  play Mayfield against Deshaun for the next 10 years.

20 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Question due you think the Steelers would like to  play Mayfield against Deshaun for the next 10 years.

I really couldn't care less who the Steelers want to play against the Browns for the next  10 years.  I hate the Steelers. I'm a Browns fan. Go Browns!!!!