Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

Objectively, Watson at his best has been way better than Baker at his best. We just don't know if we'll get Watson at his best. Will it be worth the loads of picks and loads of money that we paid? Will Watson be able to play well through the off-field issues? Will he show rust after not playing last season? Will he get a lengthy suspension?

Put the morals aside for a moment. I'm very curious to see if Watson emerges from this like Kobe (who had SIGNIFICANT off the court stuff that most people forget about) to become one of the GOAT's. Or will he be like Tiger Woods (who definitely brought some of his demons with him onto the golf course). I do think that's the biggest question mark with Watson.

I'm convinced the nerds did the analytic homework to make this the right move on paper, but it's hard to quantify a human being's psyche and how they will handle a situation.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Objectively, Watson at his best has been way better than Baker at his best. We just don't know if we'll get Watson at his best. Will it be worth the loads of picks and loads of money that we paid? Will Watson be able to play well through the off-field issues? Will he show rust after not playing last season? Will he get a lengthy suspension?

Put the morals aside for a moment. I'm very curious to see if Watson emerges from this like Kobe (who had SIGNIFICANT off the court stuff that most people forget about) to become one of the GOAT's. Or will he be like Tiger Woods (who definitely brought some of his demons with him onto the golf course). I do think that's the biggest question mark with Watson.

I'm convinced the nerds did the analytic homework to make this the right move on paper, but it's hard to quantify a human being's psyche and how they will handle a situation.

It is going to be interesting But the chances we get a high price free agent at a discount here is minimal.

The real grade on this trade is when you have free agents that walk because they do not want to get questioned about Deshaun. 

Remember the leader of the team are going to get questioned up and down come September plus when he is suspended plus when Deshaun comes back. 

3 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

I would add to this, that the picks we are missing out on, would not be guaranteed successes.  We could go back in history and trade 15 first round picks for 1 guy, and it would have been worth it.  I understand that this regime is different, and if we have faith that they made a good move in trading for Watson, then we should be confident in their selections....but you just never know!

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

So glad we moved on from this scrub

Id rather deal with Watsons troubles than this scrub. So immature man idk how y’all backed him so much. Now he’s hurting his value. 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

Something is off with this cat man. SO LONG BAKA MAYBEFIELD

Valentines Day What GIF by I Want You Back Movie

“rape accusations I can deal with, but immaturity on a podcast?  Too much for me”.

Face Palm GIF

• Like 3

Id take Mayfield drama over the Watson association all day. Different spectrums of issues there. 

On the topic, when is Mayfield going to realize that his best move is just to shut up and stay out of the tabloid style news until he starts his next chapter? He just doesn’t learn, and that’s been part of the problem.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Id take Mayfield drama over the Watson association all day. Different spectrums of issues there. 

On the topic, when is Mayfield going to realize that his best move is just to shut up and stay out of the tabloid style news until he starts his next chapter? He just doesn’t learn, and that’s been part of the problem.

I like Baker well enough, but man does he need to just stop flapping his gums for a bit.

• Like 2

His comment in that clip is just plain dumb. Fans are the reason why you're a multi-millionaire, Baker. If they pay their hard earned money to come watch you play and you stink, they have every right to boo you.

I also generally like Baker, but like others have said, he just doesn't know when to shut up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

His comment in that clip is just plain dumb. Fans are the reason why you're a multi-millionaire, Baker. If they pay their hard earned money to come watch you play and you stink, they have every right to boo you.

I also generally like Baker, but like others have said, he just doesn't know when to shut up.

When I start making millions of dollars at my cubicle, I will personally invite him to boo me as I get my work done. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

So glad we moved on from this scrub

Id rather deal with Watsons troubles than this scrub. So immature man idk how y’all backed him so much. Now he’s hurting his value. 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

Something is off with this cat man. SO LONG BAKA MAYBEFIELD

How come you say get rid of him

Then say he is worth a 1st

Why haven't 32 gm seen your genius?