Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Do I think the NFL takes a moral stand against bad things?

you sweet, sweet summer child 

Do you think NFL will take a totally arbitrary stand based on public opinion?

I don't think Jimmy Haslem or the Browns have any clout in the league, they are a perfect whipping boy. 

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

I don't think Jimmy Haslem or the Browns have any clout in the league, they are a perfect whipping boy. 

We have been whipping boys but they approved the trade and contract so it seems like they aren't going to throw the book at him for some reason. It seems like they would have tried to control the media to vilify him but they are vilifying Mayfield much more so maybe we've turned a corner with them. 

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

They will punish Watson the same way I punish my children, based on my irrational feelings and who is watching. Unfortunately a lot of people are watching.

• Like 1

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bull-fox/id633446284?i=1000563608103

if you’re going to listen to any more news about Deshaun listen to this first. 

it’s his Lawyer explaining Deshaun’s side. He’s transparent about a lot of things. 

I think there may be some truth on an athletic level Deshaun definition of a massage is different from these women. When you think about it these women aren’t trained therapist. So they’re not athletic professionals. What he may ask may be out of the ordinary to them someones whose not a professional, but from an athletic standpoint is totally correct. That blurred lines of expectation. 

If any of you is going to watch ESPN for Fox or whatever I’d suggest listen to this interview with his lawyer it’s worth it.

Got me thinking of this song now 😂 

Edited by brownie man

I’m not listening to the lawyer spiel man. We know what happened. And the fact that even from an attorney perspective we are talking about “blurred lines” kind of acknowledges things went farther on his part then the other party (x22) expected. The lines really aren’t even that blurry in life. I have never been accused of crossing the line, and certainly not 22 times in short duration. I wish people would just say that they are happy they got him because he is good at football and quit even trying to fight this uphill battle of the massages. I’m not going to call a line blurry just to justify Deshaun’s twisted understanding of what an NFL massage is. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 3

I mean look at all the dirt these guys have on one another. If 24 owners had the balls to vote out Snyder I guarantee he opens Pandora’s box and exposes all the skeletons, so they won’t. Goodell has gotten unbelievably wealthy being the villain face for them. He’s the anti-Batman.

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

it’s his Lawyer explaining Deshaun’s side. He’s transparent about a lot of things. 

I think there may be some truth on an athletic level Deshaun definition of a massage is different from these women. When you think about it these women aren’t trained therapist. So they’re not athletic professionals. What he may ask may be out of the ordinary to them someones whose not a professional, but from an athletic standpoint is totally correct. That blurred lines of expectation. 

If any of you is going to watch ESPN for Fox or whatever I’d suggest listen to this interview with his lawyer it’s worth it.

god I cannot stand that song lol I cannot think of a more irrationally overplayed song in the past 15 years than Blurred Lines or Mr. Brightside.

10 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I doubt it, because it will cost them money. The Browns with Watson are more profitable.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not listening to the lawyer spiel man. We know what happened. And the fact that even from an attorney perspective we are talking about “blurred lines” kind of acknowledges things went farther on his part then the other party (x22) expected. The lines really aren’t even that blurry in life. I have never been accused of crossing the line, and certainly not 22 times in short duration. I wish people would just say that they are happy they got him because he is good at football and quit even trying to fight this uphill battle of the massages. I’m not going to call a line blurry just to justify Deshaun’s twisted understanding of what an NFL massage is. 

I would just be happy if media/teams came to the realization that over 50% of the NFL apparently had interest in trading for Watson by contacting the Texans and 6 teams actually made trade offers. So we cant stop painting the Browns as some sort of bad guy organization that did this giant tragedy by trading/paying him.

I wonder if he went to ATL if the same sort of 'how could this organization possibly do this' narrative would still be out there

• Like 1

“here, listen to his lawyer”

lol gtfoh

not “athletic professionals” you say?  All women?  

Keep digging, you’re getting closer 

I hope you stub tf out of your toe for putting that song in front of me 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would just be happy if media/teams came to the realization that over 50% of the NFL apparently had interest in trading for Watson by contacting the Texans and 6 teams actually made trade offers. So we cant stop painting the Browns as some sort of bad guy organization that did this giant tragedy by trading/paying him.

I wonder if he went to ATL if the same sort of 'how could this organization possibly do this' narrative would still be out there

I said this at the time.  The Browns are getting all the backlash, but they just so happened to be willing to offer the best deal.  

Many other teams had just as little concern for the issue.

• Like 1

Watson is either getting suspended the whole season or not at all in my opinion. The NFL is going to do whatever they want to regardless of information available and public pressure because they always have.  Not sure if that bodes well for the team's success or not.

All I know is that it would be very Browns-y for Watson to be suspended for the year, The Browns underperform and ship a top ten pick to Houston,  Stefanski gets fired, and then is replaced by some guy who's completely inept. It's the "karma" every fan in the league is looking for despite whether or not their individual franchise was also looking at trading for a serial predator. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Watson is either getting suspended the whole season or not at all in my opinion. The NFL is going to do whatever they want to regardless of information available and public pressure because they always have.  Not sure if that bodes well for the team's success or not.

All I know is that it would be very Browns-y for Watson to be suspended for the year, The Browns underperform and ship a top ten pick to Houston,  Stefanski gets fired, and then is replaced by some guy who's completely inept. It's the "karma" every fan in the league is looking for despite whether or not their individual franchise was also looking at trading for a serial predator. 

A hobbled Baker got us to 8 wins. I think Brissett could do the same thing if not better against a weaker schedule. 

Cooper is better than any receiving threat we had last year. I also have to imagine DPJ will improve.

With Brissett we’re what the Saints were last year.