Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

32 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Lol you silly 

And uh Deshaun is definitely better than Stafford.  

Don’t waste your time buying into all the negative media. Just be patient and let it all play out. Deshaun will eventually be in the field and he’ll be the best QB you’ve ever seen in a Browns uniform in your life. 

just weather the storm. Once he hits the field you’ll understand 

Or he won’t. Or he’ll quit. He thought the Texans were dysfunctional and gave up. The team that was 9-7 every year before him. 

He doesn’t know toxic. He doesn’t know dysfunction. 

I bet we get less than 2 good years out of Watson. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Or he won’t. Or he’ll quit. He thought the Texans were dysfunctional and gave up. The team that was 9-7 every year before him. 

He doesn’t know toxic. He doesn’t know dysfunction. 

I bet we get less than 2 good years out of Watson. 

What you wanna bet? Sig bet what? The Texans were dysfunctional 😂 they traded Deandre Hopkins for David Johnson. That’s the definition of dysfunctional. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

You have Baker supporters praying this Watson situation destroys the team.

No one wants the team destroyed. You just have to be able to separate supporting Watson and supporting the team. Did all of the fans that got all excited every time Baker struggled hope for the team to fail? They didn't, they just wanted to complain or hoped that he wasn't the QB. Some of us are in that same boat, I don't want Watson to lose games for us I simply don't want him to be the QB. 

Now there is no good outcome in that scenario. The only way we don't look like total fools is if Watson has some MVP type seasons here with at least one championship.

We used a lot of picks to likely upgrade the QB position with a guy who has an uncertain future in the NFL. That is reckless and it certainly doesn't fall on Baker supporters if it fails, that's on management. 

I'm ready for the Jacoby era to start with no first round picks for awhile. Future seasons haven't played out yet, maybe he wins us a chip.  I'm not going to sit here and let Watson finish on me, but maybe we are different in that way... I dunno.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

No one wants the team destroyed. You just have to be able to separate supporting Watson and supporting the team. Did all of the fans that got all excited every time Baker struggled hope for the team to fail? They didn't, they just wanted to complain or hoped that he wasn't the QB. Some of us are in that same boat, I don't want Watson to lose games for us I simply don't want him to be the QB. 

Now there is no good outcome in that scenario. The only way we don't look like total fools is if Watson has some MVP type seasons here with at least one championship.

We used a lot of picks to likely upgrade the QB position with a guy who has an uncertain future in the NFL. That is reckless and it certainly doesn't fall on Baker supporters if it fails, that's on management. 

I'm ready for the Jacoby era to start with no first round picks for awhile. Future seasons haven't played out yet, maybe he wins us a chip.  I'm not going to sit here and let Watson finish on me, but maybe we are different in that way... I dunno.

I disagree with the first part. Sure seems like part of this forum is hoping this causes the franchise to crash and burn.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I disagree with the first part. Sure seems like part of this forum is hoping this causes the franchise to crash and burn.

Nah. Candy was probably 50% talking about me alone and I don't want the franchise itself to burn, just a cleaning house of those responsible--front office and Stef. So now that's clear.

TL;DR the franchise is already burning and y'all blaming the ones who are pointing out there's a fire.

Where else does this apply? Hmm...🤔

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Them: who cares if the Browns had the worst receiving core in the league? Blame Baker.

Also them: Watson had no weapons.

It is going to be interesting But I like

The idea that Deshaun plays this  year due to a continuing investigation. 

Deshaun is only 500 against are division without having played Burrows. 

This season is a failure if we do not win 13 games and he takes us to a Super bowl.

This way the Deshaun lovers have no excuses. 

• Like 1

Why does this move seem like it was something akin to the musical chairs scene from Jacka$$, where there is an airbag planted in one of the seats, and we're getting our butts launched into Lake Erie.  I sure hope the stable genius Hue Jackson is still out there moseying around, and can help us back to shore.chair fail GIF

Dammit if this doesn't seem to fit the bill just a bit better.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Nah. Candy was probably 50% talking about me alone and I don't want the franchise itself to burn, just a cleaning house of those responsible--front office and Stef. So now that's clear.

TL;DR the franchise is already burning and y'all blaming the ones who are pointing out there's a fire.

Where else does this apply? Hmm...🤔

I still don't believe this wasn't spearheaded by Haslem directly or indirectly.  Either it was his idea or the front office didn't feel like there jobs were safe if they had another mediocre season.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 2

This team has been a laughingstock for soooooo many years, and for different reasons.  But yea...I see a certain amount of "I told you so" goin on with the Watson haters/Baker lovers.  It's funny because we don't even have a clue as to what the punishment might be.  We also don't really know how many of the plaintiffs were actually "disgusted" by what happened, and how many are out for a cash grab right about now?  Dude was obviously creepy, and potentially criminal with his behavior, but I still wanna see how this plays out, both in court, and on the field.

And again.....for all those that are playing the "holier than thou" ish....The point has already been made about the "greatest of all time" Jim Brown.  Why didn't everyone stop (or even start) rooting for this team, after you learned of his behavior?  I mean..he only smacked around a few women.  Stop crying, and go follow Mastecheddar to another forum...

that is all

Edited by big poppa pump
  • Like 1