Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

Just now, squire12 said:

I think that is a fair stance.  That then leads to a question if Baker is enough of an upgrade on what a team might have currently at QB to get value out of trading for Baker and his $20M 2022 contract?

It's only Seattle to me. Technically Carolina has the space as well, but there's something so inherently sad about Carolina having both Baker and Darnold on a fifth year option that I want to act like the possibility doesn't exist

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's only Seattle to me. Technically Carolina has the space as well, but there's something so inherently sad about Carolina having both Baker and Darnold on a fifth year option that I want to act like the possibility doesn't exist

Does Baker improve Seattle enough to justify the $20M?  I just don't see that being enough of a difference maker for that roster.  we have seen Baker with a "somewhat" depleted roster while he was in CLE for his first 2+ years.  he is not leading a team to the playoffs, so I don't think that does them any good to be picking in the mid teens when you need a franchise QB

Trading for a "purgatory QB" with a middling roster just so you can stay in the middling tier of teams while paying said QB $18M in salary just seems like a bad business decision

• Like 2

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

Does Baker improve Seattle enough to justify the $20M?  I just don't see that being enough of a difference maker for that roster.  we have seen Baker with a "somewhat" depleted roster while he was in CLE for his first 2+ years.  he is not leading a team to the playoffs, so I don't think that does them any good to be picking in the mid teens when you need a franchise QB

Trading for a "purgatory QB" with a middling roster just so you can stay in the middling tier of teams while paying said QB $18M in salary just seems like a bad business decision

Mayfield has more yards and wins

Then Deshaun 

He also delivered a 500 win percentage in the playoffs with Deshaun at .333.

So let me see more wins in the regular season and a higher winning 

Percentage then Deshaun in the playoffs. 

I also believe he has a much higher

Qb rating in the playoffs then Deshaun while Watson has a better

Qb rating in the season. 

He has no trade value. Because Deshaun plays better against last place teams.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

He also delivered a 500 win percentage in the playoffs with Deshaun at .333.

So let me see more wins in the regular season and a higher winning 

Percentage then Deshaun in the playoffs. 

I also believe he has a much higher

Qb rating in the playoffs then Deshaun while Watson has a better

Qb rating in the season. 

He has no trade value. Because Deshaun plays better against last place teams.

I love the energy here (really, I do - keep it up!) but a lot of the playoff data you’re sharing has to do with Deshaun playing more playoff games than Baker.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

Oh, its definitely not a good business decision, but I honestly have no idea what Seattle is doing. I Don't think it's a rebuild...feels more like they want to half *** it and kind of re-tool? But that's just baseless speculation. 

Baker is substantially better than Lock, I'll give him that. 

Ultimately, I think what will happen is that Cleveland just eats a huge chunk of the current contract (say 14 Million) and ends up trading him for a swap of picks to one of those teams. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Can you imagine they keep him, Watson is suspended, and he has to start for them next year, lol.

Lol we might have to keep him for a while. He wouldn’t start we’ve got Jacoby Brisset for that now. 

but I am down for keeping him till a starting QB gets injured. 

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Lol we might have to keep him for a while. He wouldn’t start we’ve got Jacoby Brisset for that now. 

but I am down for keeping him till a starting QB gets injured. 

Baker is a much better QB than Brissett.

43 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

While absolutely true, Baker won't take a single snap as a Brown in 2022, Nor should he!!

Browns can hold onto him all they want but I doubt he sets foot in the complex again. I wouldn't,  especially if Watson is suspended. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Unfortunately, he's determined to holdout and refuse to play, and this is going back to before Watson was signed and the Browns were in the "inquiring about Watson" phase.

At this point, I think the Browns hold him until post draft when the dust settles on who was drafted by what team.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Can you imagine they keep him, Watson is suspended, and he has to start for them next year, lol.

While it would be the smart thing for Baker to do--his ego wont allow him. Stay with the Browns for 8 games, play well and regain your value and get traded at the deadline to a team who actually needs you OR get pissy pants and go somewhere to be a backup with injuries being your only path to playing time.

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

While absolutely true, Baker won't take a single snap as a Brown in 2022, Nor should he!!

Browns can hold onto him all they want but I doubt he sets foot in the complex again. I wouldn't,  especially if Watson is suspended. 

I would. He had a bad year in 2021 due to his injuries. I'd go out there, prove the Browns wrong, and get paid when I hit FA or am traded.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I would. He had a bad year in 2021 due to his injuries. I'd go out there, prove the Browns wrong, and get paid when I hit FA or am traded.

I think a lot of us in the Browns forum wanted to just roll it back for a 5th year and have closure one way or the other. I think that the mean is closer to 2020 than 2021 for those reasons. I think he's a guy you want throwing 20-25 times a game, heavily off of playaction, in an intermediate to downfield attack, and he's going to be somewhere in the 25-28 TD and ~10 INT guy with limitations against pressure or as a traditional dropback (no playaction) passer.

I think he's a 10+ year NFL starter and bridge guy in the "good for now with limitations while we get a future Franchise QB" tier, very similar to Cousins but probably not quite as good. He's kind of short Jay Cutler.