Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

The Panthers have made it blatantly clear they do not like Darnold or view him as a long-term starter.  I don't think they are "tanking" either.  At least none of their moves this offseason would indicate that is the plan, especially when 2020 served as the most ideal year to tank by far.

The biggest reason against trading for Mayfield is having to pay both Darnold and Mayfield $18m.  That is a big commitment for two guys that aren't very good.  Mayfield has more upside and clearly at this stage is better than Darnold, but there is a very good chance he ends up just being a 1-year stop-gap.  And is he good enough to warrant throwing money away this year?  Unless the Browns are willing to eat a large chunk of the cost, I don't see the Panthers making the deal.

the panthers were all in on a 55 million dollar contract plus 3 number 1s so salary cap is a huge LIE.

The reason why they wanted to get DESHAUN is to sell tickets.

Cleveland new Mayfield would not sign a franchise tag so at the end of this year they would be trying to sell tickets with no qb.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

The Panthers have made it blatantly clear they do not like Darnold or view him as a long-term starter.  I don't think they are "tanking" either.  At least none of their moves this offseason would indicate that is the plan, especially when 2020 served as the most ideal year to tank by far.

The biggest reason against trading for Mayfield is having to pay both Darnold and Mayfield $18m.  That is a big commitment for two guys that aren't very good.  Mayfield has more upside and clearly at this stage is better than Darnold, but there is a very good chance he ends up just being a 1-year stop-gap.  And is he good enough to warrant throwing money away this year?  Unless the Browns are willing to eat a large chunk of the cost, I don't see the Panthers making the deal.

I would assume that neither Baker or Jimmy go to the Panthers at their current cap hits. The Browns will likely just eat a large portion of Baker's deal, and at this juncture, Jimmy may just take a straight up paycut. If the 49ers cut him, which most anticipate before the start of the year, he's going to sign with someone at a much lower, backup level QB contract rate for a year. So even taking a straight paycut to like 10-12 million for the last year of his deal may be in his best interest. And you can't rule out the 49ers taking Darnold back if they can figure out a backup level extension to spread his current year cap hit out over

Ultimately I think one ends up in Carolina though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

is Baker better than Winston?

It's actually kind of crazy how similar their first 4 years were. iF you were looking for a statistical comp for Baker so far, Winston is one of the best

Now that Jones’s 5th year option wasn’t picked up I can definitely see them in play for Baker. 

Baker is better than Daniel Jones that I will say for sure. He could beat him out no doubt. I don’t even think it would take long. I could a trade up and we eat some cash

Baker and 44 for pick 36 and like a 5th or 6th rounder. We eat some of Bakers cash. I think that could definitely be a fair trade that I would do. 

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Now that Jones’s 5th year option wasn’t picked up I can definitely see them in play for Baker. 

Why? They still have Jones for this year. I wouldn't describe Baker as a discernable upgrade for a team that is going through a transition. 

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

What?  Mayfield is nowhere close to Watson.

We are not going thru that Watson has a super bowl ready team he has to put up or shutup no excuses.

He went to a Cleveland that has 3 pro bowlers on the offensive line.

A top 5 defense a hof running back

So he has to deliver the Super Bowl or just admit he is a qb that puts up good numbers

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why? They still have Jones for this year. I wouldn't describe Baker as a discernable upgrade for a team that is going through a transition. 

Watch jones verses Mayfield then make that statement. 

8 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Watch jones verses Mayfield then make that statement. 

I've seen them both. Baker still isn't very good and neither is Jones.  The Giants regime is not under any undue pressure, it's a new regime. They don't need to go from the 25th best QB to the 21st best QB and give up assets to do it. And that's before considering they also have Tyrod Taylor. 

Baker is better than Mariota, doesn't mean that the Falcons should be doing that either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've seen them both. Baker still isn't very good and neither is Jones.  The Giants regime is not under any undue pressure, it's a new regime. They don't need to go from the 25th best QB to the 21st best QB and give up assets to do it. 

Baker is better than Mariota, doesn't mean that the Falcons should be doing that either. 

Ok name the 2o you like better

10 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok name the 2o you like better

1. Rodgers 
  2. Brady
  3. Allen
  4. Mahomes
  5. Carr
  6. Cousins
  7. Tannehill
  8. Ryan
  9. Watson
  10. Wilson
  11. Herbert
  12. Burrow
  13. Prescott
  14. Lamar
  15. Kyler
  16. Stafford

That's just 16 right off the bat that I would take over him no questions asked. Then you have a group of guys that I would potentially take over Baker but at least I can see you have a conversation about. He would slot somewhere in here and Jones would likely be in the next tier down. 

17.  Jimmy G

18. Goff

19. Mac Jones

20. Wentz 

21. Winston

22. Hurts (not as good of a passer, but his running can make him just as effective) 

Of course, then you have the guys that I'd certainly prefer to have just from an upside perspective, but admittedly may not ultimately be any good. 

• Lance
  • Lawrence
  • Mills
  • Wilson

For all the crap that we give Jones, he's only been in a bad situation in NY. He's never had a team on par with the 2020 Browns, for example. Most QBs (including Baker) are their situation. Jones could easily be another Tannehill out of that situation and put on to a good team. 

• Like 1