Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Is he ever going to get moved?

It comes down to this: Is that 1 roster spot worth eating 18 million?

The Browns have plenty of cap space and will have 36+ mil after Hoopers June 1st cut takes effect. So financially they’re fine.

However, Baker obviously takes up 1/53 roster spots. How valuable is that 1 spot? Is a backup special teams gunner really more important than an owner having to pay 18 million to release Baker?

7 hours ago, SHONUFF said:

He was partially devalued by the Cleveland trade for Watson and their talk about wanting an adult in the QB room. His appearances on podcasts and other media also rubbed teams the wrong way I think as well.

Possibly a part of it is teams not wanting to help Cleveland after fully guaranteeing Watsons contract. That's a smaller reason, but I think it has some legs. If a team felt strongly about him they would have offered something. 

None of that really matters. All that counts is that there isn’t a desperate team that thinks Baker will make them a winner and everyone knows the Browns don’t really want Baker at his contract and they have no leverage against other teams to get high value for what is essentially a salary dump to them. 

If there was a really great team that was stuck with Bortles like the 2017 Jaguars, then maybe somebody pulls the trigger. 

But trades are about need and leverage. The need isn’t high and the leverage is low. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Is he ever going to get moved?

His contract expires at the end of the year. 

But honestly, I don't know. I still think that Seattle makes a ton of sense but they may be embracing hte tank and obviously carolina as well (though I think carolina makes more sense for Jimmy) but I'd wager it really depends on how much Cleveland is willing to eat. 

The main thing is that there is not hurry to move him at this point. You can just sort of sit and chill and wait for something to unfold. 

36 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The Browns have plenty of cap space and will have 36+ mil after Hoopers June 1st cut takes effect. So financially they’re fine.

However, Baker obviously takes up 1/53 roster spots. How valuable is that 1 spot? Is a backup special teams gunner really more important than an owner having to pay 18 million to release Baker?

I mean it just doesn't seem like it benefits the team to keep him either though, it may come back to haunt you guys.

9 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Honestly the Giants should take a look at him.

I'm not particularly high on Baker but I think that he shows more promise than Daniel Jones does.

May as well see if Daboll can make him better.

They can't afford him with their current cap situation.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Just remember who’s been preaching it consistently when it happens. 

I know Andrew Berry. He’s going to get value. He’s just patient. The normal fan doesn’t have the ability to withstand through an uncomfortable period for the greater good. 

Patience is going to pay off just watch. We’d get a third round pick as a comp pick worst case scenario. We aren’t going to accept less than a third rounder. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:
8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, mid 60's completion percentage with 16 TD and 10 INT warrants a second look no doubt, but I wouldn't say that he really "flashed" until the last 3-4 games, albeit 3 of the last 4 games he viably looked solid to good.

Mills performance last year was impressive considering the circumstances. He was a top recruit out of HS, couldn't stay healthy at Stanford so he only played 13 games there in 4 seasons, and had some pretty impressive moments for a rookie QB on one of the least talented teams in the NFL.

Agreed - bulk numbers don't tell the story. You saw him progress from the guy who was bamboozled by the Bills to the tune of 4 INTs to the guy who dissected the Chargers and Titans towards the end of the season. There was a progression you couldn't help but notice, all while playing with a depleted roster and a coach who literally forgot what down the team was on at times.

Remember, Davis Mills wasn't supposed to start at all - this was Tyrod Taylor's team until his hamstring started to act up. Mills getting in last season was partially due to desperation, he didn't get much opportunity working outside of scout team and 7v7s in TC. To come in cold and actually make progression is worth a second look.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Are you guys feeling that if Watson is suspended for a largeish chunk of games (let’s say 8-12 for conversation’s sake), and Baker’s still on the roster, that Baker won’t play? 

He’s got a personality for sure, but it really is win-win for both sides (assuming Baker trusts his own ability). He can ball for a half season or more and up his own value before hitting free agency. The Browns have the cap and can get someone much better than a backup caliber QB to fill in for Watson until he’s back. 

Unlikely that he walks into a starting job (pending injury) at this point, so makes all the sense to just wait out the suspension ruling and then come out like a bat out of hell to start 2022.

The fact of the matter is this.

point A the best situation for a team tanking is to get Mayfield for a lower

pick then let him stink get a high pick then get a 3rd for your 6th.

2nd point if Mayfield shines then you sign him to a long term contract

trade your pick Sci Fi Lol GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown for 3 number 1s. 

This means that the NFL is either stupid or they are all out to get Berry.

The rumor out here was that Berry would not deal Mayfield to AFC because he did not want to be made A fool off.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Are you guys feeling that if Watson is suspended for a largeish chunk of games (let’s say 8-12 for conversation’s sake), and Baker’s still on the roster, that Baker won’t play? 

He’s got a personality for sure, but it really is win-win for both sides (assuming Baker trusts his own ability). He can ball for a half season or more and up his own value before hitting free agency. The Browns have the cap and can get someone much better than a backup caliber QB to fill in for Watson until he’s back. 

Unlikely that he walks into a starting job (pending injury) at this point, so makes all the sense to just wait out the suspension ruling and then come out like a bat out of hell to start 2022.

If he didn’t have a massive ego, he could just do what Jimmy G is doing. Sit the bench and wait for your chance to shine and improve your stock.

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If he didn’t have a massive ego, he could just do what Jimmy G is doing. Sit the bench and wait for your chance to shine and improve your stock.

Jimmy’s in an even worse spot because of the injury tag coming along + there is a scenario where he doesn’t see the field at all. Baker at least knows he’s going to get, I’d say minimum, 6 games to show what he’s worth. Probably more.

Was just curious whether there was a consensus expectation that Baker will not play a snap for Cleveland no matter what, or if this is going to be up in the air until a trade/release gets announced.

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Just remember who’s been preaching it consistently when it happens. 

I know Andrew Berry. He’s going to get value. He’s just patient. The normal fan doesn’t have the ability to withstand through an uncomfortable period for the greater good. 

Patience is going to pay off just watch. We’d get a third round pick as a comp pick worst case scenario. We aren’t going to accept less than a third rounder. 

how is the fuller and Clowney signing going?

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I saw something today that said Watson is likely only going to miss 3-4 games, fwiw.

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Jimmy’s in an even worse spot because of the injury tag coming along + there is a scenario where he doesn’t see the field at all. Baker at least knows he’s going to get, I’d say minimum, 6 games to show what he’s worth. Probably more.

Was just curious whether there was a consensus expectation that Baker will not play a snap for Cleveland no matter what, or if this is going to be up in the air until a trade/release gets announced.

That's going to be one of the most interesting storylines during the first few weeks of the season. Does Baker show up and play or does he refuse?