Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Soggust said:

?? The browns won 8 games last year.

If Watson is 2.5 games better (best scenario), I'm suggesting the Browns win 11 games.

They won 11 regular season plus 1

Playoff win.

30 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

They won 11 regular season plus 1

Playoff win.

If they draft or sign a free agent time machine and work this trade for Watson, yes I have them going 12-4 and 2 Playoff wins in 2020*

Edited by Soggust
getting old can't remember years

13 minutes ago, Soggust said:

If they draft or sign a free agent time machine and work this trade for Watson, yes I have them going 12-4 and 2 Playoff wins in 2021

Ok your on you say Deshaun 11 wins next year.

Me Deshaun does not equal Mayfield best record of 12 wins.

In the next year or year after that 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok your on you say Deshaun 11 wins next year.

Me Deshaun does not equal Mayfield best record of 12 wins.

In the next year or year after that 

Oh please don't misunderstand. I am a Browns hater. Was just trying to answer your question on how many wins diff a QB makes.

I am actually hoping you guys win 2 games next year (LAC / BUF).

But I do think broadly that you would be 11-6 with a full year of healthy Watson, next year (no suspension). 

On 5/23/2022 at 5:47 AM, THE DUKE said:

At this point I think Cleveland will have to lose draft compensation to move Baker to reclaim that cap space.  Something like Baker + 2nd rd pick to Seattle for a 4th rd pick.

Yeah if I was betting on it I'd still guess that he ends up in Seattle. Pete isn't going to reveal his hand and say that he's desperate to add another QB but the fact that Geno Smith reportedly has the upper hand to start isn't a great sign. Baker at least gives them a chance to remain competitive and I think he'd fit well with Pete and in their culture. 

On 5/26/2022 at 2:36 AM, NYRaider said:

Yeah if I was betting on it I'd still guess that he ends up in Seattle. Pete isn't going to reveal his hand and say that he's desperate to add another QB but the fact that Geno Smith reportedly has the upper hand to start isn't a great sign. Baker at least gives them a chance to remain competitive and I think he'd fit well with Pete and in their culture. 

Seattle isn’t winning with Baker. Unless he’s the guy they want to built around, waste of time 

Just now, lancerman said:

Seattle isn’t winning with Baker. Unless he’s the guy they want to built around, waste of time 

Seattle's OL should be improved and they have one of the best group of pass catchers in the NFL. Pete is 70 years old, I'd guess he wants to win now. Isn't it a waste of time to play Geno/Lock who give them a worse chance to win and are also not guys they can build around?

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Seattle's OL should be improved and they have one of the best group of pass catchers in the NFL. Pete is 70 years old, I'd guess he wants to win now. Isn't it a waste of time to play Geno/Lock who give them a worse chance to win and are also not guys they can build around?

Not if they are punting until next year when they get their QB of the future. It’s a waste of time and resources to trade for a guy you know won’t lead this current team to a title. The franchise chose Pete over Wilson. They are in it for awhile 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Not if they are punting until next year when they get their QB of the future. It’s a waste of time and resources to trade for a guy you know won’t lead this current team to a title. The franchise chose Pete over Wilson. They are in it for awhile 

Pete is going to be 71 when the season starts, making him literally the oldest head coach in NFL history. I don't think that they're looking to punt the season or that Pete is around much longer. He has a big ego, proving he can win without Russ is something I'm sure is at the top of his list.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Pete is going to be 71 when the season starts, making him literally the oldest head coach in NFL history. I don't think that they're looking to punt the season or that Pete is around much longer. He has a big ego, proving he can win without Russ is something I'm sure is at the top of his list.

That’s an assumption though. Any rational take is that Seattle isn’t competing for a Super Bowl and Baker isn’t making a difference. Baker only makes sense if they absolutely think he’s the guy to build around. 

The premise is that Seattle won’t act rational because Pete Carroll is 71. Bill Belichick was pushing 70 when his team knew they weren’t going to compete and opted for a rebuild over gutting they team to pay their QB who likely wasn’t going to be around by the end of it. 

At the end of the day, they have to take a realistic look at where they are at. Franchises getting desperate is how franchises get in trouble. 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:36 PM, NYRaider said:

Geno Smith has been in our system so it makes sense that he would be ahead of Lock.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

That’s an assumption though. Any rational take is that Seattle isn’t competing for a Super Bowl and Baker isn’t making a difference. Baker only makes sense if they absolutely think he’s the guy to build around. 

The premise is that Seattle won’t act rational because Pete Carroll is 71. Bill Belichick was pushing 70 when his team knew they weren’t going to compete and opted for a rebuild over gutting they team to pay their QB who likely wasn’t going to be around by the end of it. 

At the end of the day, they have to take a realistic look at where they are at. Franchises getting desperate is how franchises get in trouble. 

You don't think that Baker is a massive upgrade over Geno/Lock or that he could have some success with all of the weapons that they have on that offense? I disagree about that as well, Baker will only cost them a mid-round pick and he's only on a 1 year deal. If it doesn't work out they can easily just move on from him after the season, if it does work out they just acquired a starting QB for a mid round pick. 

How is trading a mid round pick for Baker, who is an obvious upgrade over their current QB's, on a 1 year/team friendly deal irrational? 

Bill didn't opt to rebuild he panicked and rolled with Cam Newton for a year and then went on an insane spending spree in free agency the following off-season and overpaid a bunch of average players. 

Trading a 3rd/4th for Baker on a 1 year deal, that Cleveland likely pays a chunk of, is not a desperate move that will set them back for years, lol.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You don't think that Baker is a massive upgrade over Geno/Lock or that he could have some success with all of the weapons that they have on that offense? I disagree about that as well, Baker will only cost them a mid-round pick and he's only on a 1 year deal. If it doesn't work out they can easily just move on from him after the season, if it does work out they just acquired a starting QB for a mid round pick. 

How is trading a mid round pick for Baker, who is an obvious upgrade over their current QB's, on a 1 year/team friendly deal irrational? 

Bill didn't opt to rebuild he panicked and rolled with Cam Newton for a year and then went on an insane spending spree in free agency the following off-season and overpaid a bunch of average players. 

Trading a 3rd/4th for Baker on a 1 year deal, that Cleveland likely pays a chunk of, is not a desperate move that will set them back for years, lol.

I don't think he's a massive upgrade over Wilson and the last couple of years they weren't really a contender with him. Baker is not taking them to the promised land. Why waste assets on a guy you don't believe in?

Bill did opt for a rebuild. He was going to roll with Stidham and took Cam for next to nothing, he outperformed Stidham, and then he moved on ASAP. You think Baker is going as dirt cheap as Cam that year?