Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

Just now, lancerman said:

I don't think he's a massive upgrade over Wilson and the last couple of years they weren't really a contender with him. Baker is not taking them to the promised land. Why waste assets on a guy you don't believe in?

Bill did opt for a rebuild. He was going to roll with Stidham and took Cam for next to nothing, he outperformed Stidham, and then he moved on ASAP. You think Baker is going as dirt cheap as Cam that year?

He's obviously not a massive upgrade over Wilson but he is an upgrade over what they currently have. Do you think that a 3rd-4th round pick next year is going to have more value? Baker gives them a better chance to win now then either QB they currently have on the roster. 

Pete ain't going to punt the year away, Baker will be a Seahawk.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The crappy thing for Baker is I almost feel like that is worse than just not getting traded and sitting the year. I think that is a disaster waiting to happen in seattle. 4 games against the 49ers and Rams defense and the AFC west plus the Bucs and Saints? That's roooooooooough for him. 

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

The crappy thing for Baker is I almost feel like that is worse than just not getting traded and sitting the year. I think that is a disaster waiting to happen in seattle. 4 games against the 49ers and Rams defense and the AFC west plus the Bucs and Saints? That's roooooooooough for him. 

Meh. I think Baker's personality would be a good fit with Pete and the Seahawks organization. Pete's trying to prove he can win without Russ and Baker is trying to prove he can still be the guy so that could create some nice synergy between them. They added Cross, Lucas, and Blythe up front so ideally their OL will be better. I don't think they'd need him to win games for them with Walker/Carson/Penny but DK/Lockett/Fant is a very nice trio of weapons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. I think Baker's personality would be a good fit with Pete and the Seahawks organization. Pete's trying to prove he can win without Russ and Baker is trying to prove he can still be the guy so that could create some nice synergy between them. They added Cross, Lucas, and Blythe up front so ideally their OL will be better. I don't think they'd need him to win games for them with Walker/Carson/Penny but DK/Lockett/Fant is a very nice trio of weapons.

That team is going to be bad. It's nice to add the rookies to the line but I think they get eaten alive to start

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He's obviously not a massive upgrade over Wilson but he is an upgrade over what they currently have. Do you think that a 3rd-4th round pick next year is going to have more value? Baker gives them a better chance to win now then either QB they currently have on the roster. 

They aren't winning now so it doesn't matter. This team couldn't win with Wilson, they aren't winning with Baker. They would only get Baker if the plan was to build around Baker longterm. You have to give up assets to get him. 

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

They aren't winning now so it doesn't matter. This team couldn't win with Wilson, they aren't winning with Baker. They would only get Baker if the plan was to build around Baker longterm. You have to give up assets to get him. 

How do we know that they can't be competitive now? Wilson went to 2 Super Bowls (1 win) in 11 seasons with the Seahawks, the only active QB with more Super Bowl appearances/wins is Tom Brady. Over the last 11 seasons the Wilson won 104 games with the Seahawks, the only two active QB's with more wins in that span are Brady and Rodgers. The only QB's to play in more conference championship games than Wilson are Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, and Jimmy G. 

So to me that sounds like they've been pretty damn competitive despite some early flame outs in the postseason, it's hard to win in the NFL. Going back to USC, Pete has always been a competitor, he's not going to punt the season. They've had one non-winning season in the last 11 years, they added pieces across the roster on both sides of the ball. 

The Browns don't have leverage with Baker anymore, that's why teams have played hardball. If he does end up in Seattle I'd guess that they send back a conditional 4th that could be a 3rd depending on if/how he plays. I'd also guess that the Browns eat some of his salary so they'd get him at a discount.

A conditional 4th round pick isn't a huge investment to make into a potential starting QB. They could literally move on after a year and draft a QB early next offseason while only losing a mid round pick. Which doesn't hurt the as much because of the haul they received for Wilson.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I like how you think.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How do we know that they can't be competitive now? Wilson went to 2 Super Bowls (1 win) in 11 seasons with the Seahawks, the only active QB with more Super Bowl appearances/wins is Tom Brady. Over the last 11 seasons the Wilson won 104 games with the Seahawks, the only two active QB's with more wins in that span are Brady and Rodgers. The only QB's to play in more conference championship games than Wilson are Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, and Jimmy G. 

So to me that sounds like they've been pretty damn competitive despite some early flame outs in the postseason, it's hard to win in the NFL. Going back to USC, Pete has always been a competitor, he's not going to punt the season. They've had one non-winning season in the last 11 years, they added pieces across the roster on both sides of the ball. 

The Browns don't have leverage with Baker anymore, that's why teams have played hardball. If he does end up in Seattle I'd guess that they send back a conditional 4th that could be a 3rd depending on if/how he plays. I'd also guess that the Browns eat some of his salary so they'd get him at a discount.

A conditional 4th round pick isn't a huge investment to make into a potential starting QB. They could literally move on after a year and draft a QB early next offseason while only losing a mid round pick. Which doesn't hurt the as much because of the haul they received for Wilson.

Plot twist: you're cosplaying a Baker hater in the other thread but can be yourself in here, Baker's biggest belieber 😍.

20 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I like how you think.

Plot twist: you're cosplaying a Baker hater in the other thread but can be yourself in here, Baker's biggest belieber 😍.

I'm not a Baker hater, I was just pointing out why people don't like him. I think Baker is an average level QB that can be good in the right situation. Seattle seems like the best situation for him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yes they were competing early last decade with Wilson and the LOB. We’ve already established that Baker is worse than Wilson and they don’t have the LOB. 

You are talking about events 8 years ago. The Seattle Seahawks have won their division once in the last 5 years. They’ve missed the playoffs twice by comparison and one of those misses was literally last season WITH Willson. There one playoff win in the last 5 years was against a 9-7 Eagles team in the wildcard round. 

They know that adding Baker isn’t making them a contender. They haven’t been for 5 years and they had a better QB. So unless they think they want to move forward with Baker longterm, there’s no sense in trading picks for him just so you don’t have to go this year with bad QB’s before you draft someone you want to build around, 

Its pretty simple, if they think Baker is their QB of the future, they get him and build around him. If they don’t, they save the assets and go get someone in next years draft and spend this year prepping for that. Knowing they aren’t winning a Super Bowl regardless of Baker being there or not, allows them to think longterm. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 7:50 PM, Forge said:

Questions how many wins do the Browns have with your beloved Deshaun 

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

No I never liked him

Are you going to Deshaun's funeral after all your family 

I didn't say you. I said the browns. 

Also, you know I don't care about Watson one way or the other, right? I'm not a Texans fan.

• Like 1