Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

That's going to be one of the most interesting storylines during the first few weeks of the season. Does Baker show up and play or does he refuse?

Pending a QB injury to another team, he’d be crazy to do anything other than show up & do his absolute best. The Browns need to stay afloat prior to Watson’s suspension and Baker needs to put out some good play before he becomes a free agent. Just can’t imagine him being that stupid and that egotistical…but maybe I’m giving him too much credit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Pending a QB injury to another team, he’d be crazy to do anything other than show up & do his absolute best. The Browns need to stay afloat prior to Watson’s suspension and Baker needs to put out some good play before he becomes a free agent. Just can’t imagine him being that stupid and that egotistical…but maybe I’m giving him too much credit.

At this point, I'm not even sure the Browns would want him to show up. They already filled the QB room as though he's not there. He's not yet fully recovered from his shoulder surgery either, so he's not ready for full reps anyway (I don't think).

It just feels like the Browns may be willing to just wait patiently until someone offers enough for Baker. They've been silent on the subject, and I get the feeling that Baker will never take another snap for us.

As far as staying afloat in Watson's probable absence, that's what the Jacoby Brissett signing was for.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

Agreed - bulk numbers don't tell the story. You saw him progress from the guy who was bamboozled by the Bills to the tune of 4 INTs to the guy who dissected the Chargers and Titans towards the end of the season. There was a progression you couldn't help but notice, all while playing with a depleted roster and a coach who literally forgot what down the team was on at times.

Remember, Davis Mills wasn't supposed to start at all - this was Tyrod Taylor's team until his hamstring started to act up. Mills getting in last season was partially due to desperation, he didn't get much opportunity working outside of scout team and 7v7s in TC. To come in cold and actually make progression is worth a second look.

Maybe I misspoke earlier/wasn't clear @NYRaider:

I think the Texans are 100% making the right decision with Mills. I think you saw the potential and progression as a rookie with flashes down the stretch, especially considering his near nonexistent surrounding talent.

I still don't believe that he's "THE GUY" going forward, but they are absolutely right in getting closure here with a full season. Perhaps he balls out and they have a diamond in the rough and absolute gem, while having a ton of future draft capital to build around him.

If not, they can use those picks to get a stud franchise QB high in the draft by either using those picks to trade up, or Mills goes in the tank and they tank and get him that way and still have a lot of assets to build around this future guy.

Either way, my point is that Baker NOT getting traded to Houston shows that Houston (correctly IMO) is going down the Mills this year otherwise high draft pick next year route.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Maybe I misspoke earlier/wasn't clear @NYRaider:

I think the Texans are 100% making the right decision with Mills. I think you saw the potential and progression as a rookie with flashes down the stretch, especially considering his near nonexistent surrounding talent.

I still don't believe that he's "THE GUY" going forward, but they are absolutely right in getting closure here with a full season. Perhaps he balls out and they have a diamond in the rough and absolute gem, while having a ton of future draft capital to build around him.

If not, they can use those picks to get a stud franchise QB high in the draft by either using those picks to trade up, or Mills goes in the tank and they tank and get him that way and still have a lot of assets to build around this future guy.

Either way, my point is that Baker NOT getting traded to Houston shows that Houston (correctly IMO) is going down the Mills this year otherwise high draft pick next year route.

Texans are tanking along with 12 nfc teams 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Do not agree 

Well I think we can start by agreeing that the Rams, Bucs, Cowboys and Packers certainly aren't tanking.

Eagles - traded for AJ Brown

Cardinals - traded for Marquise Brown

Washington - traded for Wentz

Niners - having given up multiple picks for Lance, no way they would tank

Saints, Vikings - both have talent and clearly aren't tanking

Those ten teams are likely to all be competing for the playoffs - I'm not sure how you would think any of them were trying to lose next year. You may not agree with some of the trades, but if Washington wanted to lose, made more sense to roll with Heinicke

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Well I think we can start by agreeing that the Rams, Bucs, Cowboys and Packers certainly aren't tanking.

Eagles - traded for AJ Brown

Cardinals - traded for Marquise Brown

Washington - traded for Wentz

Niners - having given up multiple picks for Lance, no way they would tank

Saints, Vikings - both have talent and clearly aren't tanking

Those ten teams are likely to all be competing for the playoffs - I'm not sure how you would think any of them were trying to lose next year. You may not agree with some of the trades, but if Washington wanted to lose, made more sense to roll with Heinicke

Interesting But most of the bottom 17 rankings are Nfc.

Just like Cleveland who has a low rating of 22 with Deshaun. 

I do not think they are that  bad but Baltimore, Steelers ,and Bengals clearly out drafted us in .

Eg giants go Thibedoux then trade for Mayfield how many games due they win?

You bring up interesting how does New Orleans have money to go after

DESHAUN AT 55 MILLION BUT does not have 20 million for Mayfield. 

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Seattle is still the best fit for Baker imo. Him and Pete will mesh well.

ehhh its the most obvious fit, but there are some similarities in Russ wanting a trade because of their offensive philosophies and not 'letting Russ cook' and Baker being all pissy pants at Stefanski for playcalling, ect...

Edited by AkronsWitness