Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

Oh by the way sense Burrows called this entire board citing his record against Mayfield. 

How come everybody on this board did not say a undisputed top 5 qb

Was wrong? Argument to jury I rest my case.

11 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

3 out of the last four 90 or below 

Also sense he only played 7 games last year you have to go 9 games into 2016.

Add in two more years to his last 67 games and it's still higher than Baker's. 

Baker and Winston are basically the same QB 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Add in two more years to his last 67 games and it's still higher than Baker's. 

Baker and Winston are basically the same QB 

I mean baker went to a worse team accomplished more but many people view winston in a higher light. It’s kinda weird 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I mean baker went to a worse team accomplished more but many people view winston in a higher light. It’s kinda weird 

I think its because Winston makes more 'wow' throws, but has never put it together between the ears and forces a ton of passes. He is actually quite similar to Jay Cutler and the wow throws is what keeps teams interested in him.

Baker on the other hand is supposed to be that guy who can pick you apart with consistent pin point accuracy ala Drew Brees. However he has been far from consistent in the NFL on a year-to-year basis.

They have great traits, just in completely different ways. Its just much easier to be wowed by Winstons because he will throw a ball 40 yards down field in between 2 defenders and his highs get teams ears perked up more than Bakers.

48 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

At this point I think Cleveland will have to lose draft compensation to move Baker to reclaim that cap space.  Something like Baker + 2nd rd pick to Seattle for a 4th rd pick.

A conditional 4th that could turn into a 1st could work I think!

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Both teams were pretty bad and i don't know that there is a considerable difference in the decree of awfulness.  Sure, did Baker have it worse? Okay, maybe to start off...but I think they have also done a better job building around him and adding talent. 

Jameis Winston first 4 years: 

61.6%, 88 / 58 TD / INT (4.6% & 3%), 794 Rushing yards, 9 Rushing Tds, 87.8 rating, 6.77 NY/A, 6.35 ANY/A,  0.12 EPA / Play, 49.5% success rate

Baker Mayfield first 4 years: 

61.5%, 92 / 56 (4.8% & 2.9%), 571 Rushing yards, 5 Rushing Tds, 87.8 rating, 6.43 NY/A, 6.1 ANY/A, 0.088 EPA / Play, 47.1% success rate 

Winston had a lot more fumbles, which is notable, but there's no discernable difference between them at this point in their career. You can certainly prefer Baker over Winston, just like some can prefer Goff over Baker, but they are all in a pretty similar quality range right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

At this point I think Cleveland will have to lose draft compensation to move Baker to reclaim that cap space.  Something like Baker + 2nd rd pick to Seattle for a 4th rd pick.

Ah, the good ol Brock Osweiler trade.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think its because Winston makes more 'wow' throws, but has never put it together between the ears and forces a ton of passes. He is actually quite similar to Jay Cutler and the wow throws is what keeps teams interested in him.

Baker on the other hand is supposed to be that guy who can pick you apart with consistent pin point accuracy ala Drew Brees. However he has been far from consistent in the NFL on a year-to-year basis.

They have great traits, just in completely different ways. Its just much easier to be wowed by Winstons because he will throw a ball 40 yards down field in between 2 defenders and his highs get teams ears perked up more than Bakers.

They've been freakishly similar to one another statistically through the start of their career, is all. Both were given the fifth year option treatment rather than an extension. They were better than the Trubisky quality QB, but not enough for their own team to commit to them. 

They are just roughly the same tier of QB is all. 

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I like the cutler comparison. He had a bigger arm than jameis ever did though. 

50 minutes ago, ET80 said:
2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Ah, the good ol Brock Osweiler trade.

If I'm a betting man, Cleveland will eat Baker's salary before they forfeit compensation via the draft. They actually have a decent amount of cap space this year even with Baker's $19 million on the books since Hooper's $9 million are coming off of the books post June 1.

TBH, I wouldn't even rule them out of packaging Kareem Hunt in a trade and forcing a team to eat all of Baker's salary depending upon how Ford looks in the RB room with Chubb and D'Ernest Johnson. 

2023 is really when the cap magic needs to happen, as they're projected $20 million over the cap, and Baker is going to be gone by then anyway.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

If I'm a betting man, Cleveland will eat Baker's salary before they forfeit compensation via the draft. They actually have a decent amount of cap space this year even with Baker's $19 million on the books since Hooper's $9 million are coming off of the books post June 1.

TBH, I wouldn't even rule them out of packaging Kareem Hunt in a trade and forcing a team to eat all of Baker's salary depending upon how Ford looks in the RB room with Chubb and D'Ernest Johnson. 

2023 is really when the cap magic needs to happen, as they're projected $20 million over the cap, and Baker is going to be gone by then anyway.

Yeah, I don't think that they are paying anyone to take him. They'll just eat enough salary to get some sort of positive value. 

If they can get a solid flip of picks on late day 2 / early day 3, I think that is a decent enough return now. Baker + 4th for Seattle's 3rd. If they can legitimately get like a 3rd for him at this juncture without giving up like a 4th, than that's a home run. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't think that they are paying anyone to take him. They'll just eat enough salary to get some sort of positive value. 

If they can get a solid flip of picks on late day 2 / early day 3, I think that is a decent enough return now. Baker + 4th for Seattle's 3rd. If they can legitimately get like a 3rd for him at this juncture without giving up like a 4th, than that's a home run. 

Dark horse prediction is still Kareem Hunt getting dealt. 1 year left, still has value, they just drafted Ford and tendered D'Ernest Johnson. I just can't see them keeping 4 RB on their active roster and Ford is too talented to stash on a practice squad.