Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Dark horse prediction is still Kareem Hunt getting dealt. 1 year left, still has value, they just drafted Ford and tendered D'Ernest Johnson. I just can't see them keeping 4 RB on their active roster and Ford is too talented to stash on a practice squad.

I was watching a rerun of a Browns game the other day on NFLN and man......Kareem Hunt is darrrrrn good lol Thats all I thought the entire time knowing that he is potentially going to get traded for Ford/Johnson room. 

Hunt is still pretty pretty special as a runner and given a full workload again on a team like....Miami he would go back to being viewed as a borderline top 5 RB in the league given 20 touches per game.

I know nobody sees him anymore in large doses splitting time with Chubb, but Hunt is still that same special RB that led the league in rushing back with the Cheifs. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If I'm a betting man, Cleveland will eat Baker's salary before they forfeit compensation via the draft. They actually have a decent amount of cap space this year even with Baker's $19 million on the books since Hooper's $9 million are coming off of the books post June 1.

TBH, I wouldn't even rule them out of packaging Kareem Hunt in a trade and forcing a team to eat all of Baker's salary depending upon how Ford looks in the RB room with Chubb and D'Ernest Johnson. 

2023 is really when the cap magic needs to happen, as they're projected $20 million over the cap, and Baker is going to be gone by then anyway.

Wow, if you move Baker and a 4th round pick for a 6th in return, rolling over that now available $19M into 2023 would solve things cap wise

On 5/23/2022 at 12:17 PM, NudeTayne said:

TBH it'd be 200 pages if he was shut down early and got surgery.

Ok Baker haters only

Mayfield won 6 games last year 

How many does deshaun a top 5 qb

(Your words not mine)

With the best line

How much of a win increase do we see?

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 6:47 AM, THE DUKE said:

At this point I think Cleveland will have to lose draft compensation to move Baker to reclaim that cap space.  Something like Baker + 2nd rd pick to Seattle for a 4th rd pick.

I doubt that Cleveland could absolutely need him if the suspension goes more than 8 games.

Gooddell must get fired for light

Suspension. 

Besides this Deshaun fate lies with a female judge.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

answer him

Me and you had a great conversation about are schedule

This schedule could really hurt us.

Deshaun stands a 90 percent chance of facing.

Brady

Burrows 

Allen

If he loses all 3 there will be 750

People calling for Deshaun to be traded.

14 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Ok Baker haters only

Mayfield won 6 games last year 

How many does deshaun a top 5 qb

(Your words not mine)

With the best line

How much of a win increase do we see?

Using PFF’s WAR metric to understand which positions teams should prioritize in the NFL draft | NFL Draft | PFF

This link cites the top Win Above Replacement player in the NFL as Tom Brady with 4.18 games over replacement.

Note that this is WAR (Wins above replacement), not WAA (Wins above average) which Baker is arguably much closer to than a random backup. Meaning - the gap should be much smaller.

If I had to guess (without a PFF sub), I would think PFF would tell you Watson is worth about 1.5-2.5 games more than Baker Mayfield.

21 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Using PFF’s WAR metric to understand which positions teams should prioritize in the NFL draft | NFL Draft | PFF

This link cites the top Win Above Replacement player in the NFL as Tom Brady with 4.18 games over replacement.

Note that this is WAR (Wins above replacement), not WAA (Wins above average) which Baker is arguably much closer to than a random backup. Meaning - the gap should be much smaller.

If I had to guess (without a PFF sub), I would think PFF would tell you Watson is worth about 1.5-2.5 games more than Baker Mayfield.

So, in theory, last year the Browns likely make the playoffs with the trade-off and the year before they likely contend for the division.

Watson the person is a scumbag.

Watson the QB is absolutely incredibly more valuable.

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So, in theory, last year the Browns likely make the playoffs with the trade-off and the year before they likely contend for the division.

Watson the person is a scumbag.

Watson the QB is absolutely incredibly more valuable.

Again, I'm just speculating off of someone else's speculation/algorithm (WAR) so take this with a grain of salt, but yeah - I think I would be inclined to agree with this as someone who is relatively unbiased. 

11 hours ago, Soggust said:

So your saying 15 wine

With sendejo

Stewart 

No Johnson

No delpit

No Newsome

Wr Higgins 

And dpj.

That team beats Mahomes and Brady plus a additional win against lamar.

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

So your saying 15 wine

With sendejo

Stewart 

No Johnson

No delpit

No Newsome

Wr Higgins 

And dpj.

That team beats Mahomes and Brady plus a additional win against lamar.

?? The browns won 8 games last year.

If Watson is 2.5 games better (best scenario), I'm suggesting the Browns win 11 games.