Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

Browns made a lot of moves to clear up cap space. I also don’t think it’s a coincidence we traded down to save money as well.

The only guy we need to sign still is Clowney.

So Baker will be on our roster. If we get a comp pick, that’d be nice.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 10:18 AM, Nabbs4u said:

So are the Browns the Front runner for Hard Knocks this season? Not that I've ever watched or will watch that show but this has Soap Opera  must watch TV written all over it.

Lions already got it.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:45 AM, brownie man said:

Seattle or we wait…

I’m not surprised honestly. I wish I could say I was, but nobody is in a rush to get Baker. But someone who’s QB drops will be happy to have him. 

On 4/30/2022 at 8:13 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

Baker is much better than what he’s getting credit for. He is more than a fringe starter. I think he ends up being a legitimate good starter for someone. Crazy his value is this low given his talent level. He’s about 50x better than Sam Darnold and somehow he got way more value than Baker. 

Cleveland holding onto him and then acquiring Watson destroyed most of the leverage that they had in regards to trading him. Because most teams know that the Browns will likely have to move on eventually and a lot of the potential suitors acquired other QBs already. 

The Darnold situation was unique because I think his value was boosted by the fact that Tannehill was able to turn it around after getting away from Gase. 

Baker being on a 1 year deal also throws a wrench in things too.

He was partially devalued by the Cleveland trade for Watson and their talk about wanting an adult in the QB room. His appearances on podcasts and other media also rubbed teams the wrong way I think as well.

Possibly a part of it is teams not wanting to help Cleveland after fully guaranteeing Watsons contract. That's a smaller reason, but I think it has some legs. If a team felt strongly about him they would have offered something. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Cleveland holding onto him and then acquiring Watson destroyed most of the leverage that they had in regards to trading him. Because most teams know that the Browns will likely have to move on eventually and a lot of the potential suitors acquired other QBs already. 

The Darnold situation was unique because I think his value was boosted by the fact that Tannehill was able to turn it around after getting away from Gase. 

Baker being on a 1 year deal also throws a wrench in things too.

Yeah. Darnold's situation was also more unique in that he was traded a year earlier and had up to 2 years left on his deal, assuming they'd pick up his fifth year option (which they did).

Plus, I think it's realistic to say that teams absolutely knew this year's crop of QB's in the draft was extremely subpar on paper, whereas next year legitimately could have 3-5 "franchise prospect" types, making it more appealing to roll the dice on some young dude who either booms and you get a steal in, or even if he busts you have a lottery ticket to one of those superstar prospects.

Half of these teams have already started fire-sales prepping for a rebuild based off of that as well.

31 minutes ago, SHONUFF said:

He was partially devalued by the Cleveland trade for Watson and their talk about wanting an adult in the QB room. His appearances on podcasts and other media also rubbed teams the wrong way I think as well.

Possibly a part of it is teams not wanting to help Cleveland after fully guaranteeing Watsons contract. That's a smaller reason, but I think it has some legs. If a team felt strongly about him they would have offered something. 

What team really needs him other than Carolina or Seattle?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What team really needs him other than Carolina or Seattle?

Pre-draft the only team that made sense was Pittsburgh or Houston...Houston not trading for him spoke to how they're absolutely going to go tanking this year. Welcome to Houston Young/C.J. Stroud.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Pre-draft the only team that made sense was Pittsburgh or Houston...Houston not trading for him spoke to how they're absolutely going to go tanking this year. Welcome to Houston Young/C.J. Stroud.

Davis Mills actually flashed for them last year though.

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Davis Mills actually flashed for them last year though.

I mean, mid 60's completion percentage with 16 TD and 10 INT warrants a second look no doubt, but I wouldn't say that he really "flashed" until the last 3-4 games, albeit 3 of the last 4 games he viably looked solid to good.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I mean, mid 60's completion percentage with 16 TD and 10 INT warrants a second look no doubt, but I wouldn't say that he really "flashed" until the last 3-4 games, albeit 3 of the last 4 games he viably looked solid to good.

Mills performance last year was impressive considering the circumstances. He was a top recruit out of HS, couldn't stay healthy at Stanford so he only played 13 games there in 4 seasons, and had some pretty impressive moments for a rookie QB on one of the least talented teams in the NFL.

• Like 1