Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Perhaps so. I'd argue ATL, CAR, and Seattle all need QB's and there's only "2" guys available (Jimmy and Baker). Carolina is free to feel that way, but if they truly believe Darnold is as good as Baker, I've got some seaside housing to sell them in Kansas too.

but is Baker that much of an upgrade over Willis/Pickett/ Corral/Ridder/Howell that would have a full length of rookie contract for cheap?  For 2022 I would think yes, for 2023 and beyond it would unknown

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think people are underselling Tampa in this. That would actually be his ideal landing spot to allow for himself to recover for a year, learn from GOAT and then take over a stacked team in 2023.

Also, why isnt ATL being discussed? They could be a sleeper too. Lets not fool ourselves into thinking the Mariota experiment is going to last more than 6 games.

Atlanta has no business going after either guy. That's just good self awareness by them

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

there's only "2" guys available (Jimmy and Baker).

There's more. Just ask Rainman:

"Lots of them"

sources have confirmed at least one of the QB-needy teams inquired about trading for Jordan Love
Makes sense- he's better and more ready than any QB in this 2022 draft.

(you can argue otherwise... but you'd be wrong.)

20 minutes ago, squire12 said:

but is Baker that much of an upgrade over Willis/Pickett/ Corral/Ridder/Howell that would have a full length of rookie contract for cheap?  For 2022 I would think yes, for 2023 and beyond it would unknown

Perhaps so, which is also why I specified earlier I thought he’s a post D1 trade candidate. I also personally don’t buy any of those quarterbacks aside from Ridder. That’s just me.

16 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

"Lots of them"

sources have confirmed at least one of the QB-needy teams inquired about trading for Jordan Love

I actually advocated for Love in Cleveland during that 30 hour period where they ostracized Baker while “losing out” on Watson.

17 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

"Lots of them"

I mean this QB class being abysmal might make teams pony up a bit more for veteran players like Jimmy/Baker.

However, the elephant in the room that nobody wants to address (at least on the talking head shows) is that some of these teams that clearly need a QB upgrade (SEA/ATL/CAR) are probably tanking for next years draft with Stroud/Young who are both lightyears better than any QB in this class.

I think thats what SEA is clearly doing at least, they just cant come out and say it so we get a bunch of 'The upper management really loves Drew Lock' and 'The GM is very close to Mariota and believes he is his guy' sort of statements.

"I like Sam Darnold, Drew Lock and Marcus Mariota" is code for "We are tanking our **** off this year because we think Stroud/Young are franchise QBs"

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Perhaps so, which is also why I specified earlier I thought he’s a post D1 trade candidate. I also personally don’t buy any of those quarterbacks aside from Ridder. That’s just me.

So is Baker for cheap (assuming CLE retains a good amount of the 2022 salary) on a 1 year rental better value than any of the rookies that a team can have for cheaper in 2022 AND have for cheap for 3+ additional years?

I don't see any of the QB needy teams being a QB away from a legit playoff/super bowl contender.  Trading for Baker feels like a 1 year option and then being right back at the same point next year with a decision on is Baker worth a long term contract that is likely to cost $30+M per year

• Like 1

First off, let me say that Mayfield is a great deal better than is being lead to believe. He was ascending until last year when he got hurt. 

I think Mayfield is better than many of the QB's currently on shaky ground around the league and he's getting a raw deal.

Whoever takes the risk of trading for him I believe will be laughing at the rest of the league for passing on him. The league has a history on passing on quality QB's from Mahomes, Prescott and Watson. 

So it wouldn't surprise me that teams which need a QB would pass on Mayfield who is far better than any QB being drafted this 2022 draft.

I think the Steelers would be wise to pick him up, Seattle is poorly run so I don't expect him there and Carolina is on life support and next year will not only be searching for another QB but coaching staff as well.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Big T said:

First off, let me say that Mayfield is a great deal better than is being lead to believe. He was ascending until last year when he got hurt. 

In fairness, it was hard to be anything but ascending after 2020 given how bad his 2019 was. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

"Lots of them"

Careful now. Everyone has already decided Jordan Love is the worst QB in the league because the Packers retained the back-to-back MVP 

• Like 1

I think people are confusing what these QBs will be vs their draft stock. Nick Foles and Russell Wilson were 3rd round draft stock for a reason. It did not mean they could not play. RGIII was a much better draft prospect than both guys but they have rings.

Brady is the obvious analogy for draft stock vs performance.

How many of these 2022 draft QBs will have a better career than Baker? I'd say 2 of them. Good luck finding the 2 though.

Being picked wrongly at #1 did not make Baker less flawed. Stats and record show he's just a guy. His 3rd down QB rating and leadership hole show he's not the guy.

The Browns would have been better off with 15 games of Keenum last year. How do these guys compare to Keenum?

Edited by SkippyX

8 hours ago, Big T said:

I think Mayfield is better than many of the QB's currently on shaky ground around the league and he's getting a raw deal.

Whoever takes the risk of trading for him I believe will be laughing at the rest of the league for passing on him. The league has a history on passing on quality QB's from Mahomes, Prescott and Watson. 

So it wouldn't surprise me that teams which need a QB would pass on Mayfield who is far better than any QB being drafted this 2022 draft.

I think the Steelers would be wise to pick him up, Seattle is poorly run so I don't expect him there and Carolina is on life support and next year will not only be searching for another QB but coaching staff as well.

Nailed it.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 3:31 PM, AkronsWitness said:

"I like Sam Darnold, Drew Lock and Marcus Mariota" is code for "We are tanking our **** off this year because we think Stroud/Young are franchise QBs"

The Panthers have made it blatantly clear they do not like Darnold or view him as a long-term starter.  I don't think they are "tanking" either.  At least none of their moves this offseason would indicate that is the plan, especially when 2020 served as the most ideal year to tank by far.

The biggest reason against trading for Mayfield is having to pay both Darnold and Mayfield $18m.  That is a big commitment for two guys that aren't very good.  Mayfield has more upside and clearly at this stage is better than Darnold, but there is a very good chance he ends up just being a 1-year stop-gap.  And is he good enough to warrant throwing money away this year?  Unless the Browns are willing to eat a large chunk of the cost, I don't see the Panthers making the deal.

15 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Nailed it.

On 4/26/2022 at 12:42 PM, squire12 said:

So is Baker for cheap (assuming CLE retains a good amount of the 2022 salary) on a 1 year rental better value than any of the rookies that a team can have for cheaper in 2022 AND have for cheap for 3+ additional years?

I don't see any of the QB needy teams being a QB away from a legit playoff/super bowl contender.  Trading for Baker feels like a 1 year option and then being right back at the same point next year with a decision on is Baker worth a long term contract that is likely to cost $30+M per year

how about 

new orleans

pittsburgh