Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We will probably pay 13 mil. Carolina pays 5 mil and we get a 4th or 5th.

If Carolina offered a 3rd I think Cleveland should seriously consider paying for all of it.

Darnold and Baker during OTAs...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

On 6/8/2022 at 9:51 AM, jebrick said:

So can the Browns get out of that contract?  With 24 lawsuits and some of the info that was in the NYTimes article on this, I will be stunned if Watson is not suspended.  I will also not be too surprised if the NFL tries to shuffle this under the rug.

And if he is suspended, the Browns have burned the bridge with Mayfield.

No they can't. The Browns knew what they were signing up for when they traded for him and the only reason he chose to go there was because they gave him $230M fully guaranteed. They also knew that he would likely be suspended and were kind enough to give him a $1M base salary this season so if he misses the entire year the most he can lose out on is $1M.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Where’s the dude who assured me he was going to the Seahawks because they Carroll wasn’t going to go in with the QB’s he had and at his age wasn’t taking a rebuild year? 

Careful, too early to take a victory lap. When Jimmy G gets cut, there's a reasonable shot he ends up in Seattle 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Careful, too early to take a victory lap. When Jimmy G gets cut, there's a reasonable shot he ends up in Seattle 

That’s fine. Signing a dude cheap in free agency on a prove it just to see is not the same as trading and assuming some of Bakers salary. If Jimmy gets cut he’s got nowhere that’s paying him much at all 

On 5/27/2022 at 9:34 PM, NYRaider said:

He's obviously not a massive upgrade over Wilson but he is an upgrade over what they currently have. Do you think that a 3rd-4th round pick next year is going to have more value? Baker gives them a better chance to win now then either QB they currently have on the roster. 

Pete ain't going to punt the year away, Baker will be a Seahawk.

There we are 

On 6/14/2022 at 7:46 AM, candyman93 said:

We will probably pay 13 mil. Carolina pays 5 mil and we get a 4th or 5th.

If Carolina offered a 3rd I think Cleveland should seriously consider paying for all of it.

Damn, @candyman93 got the Double Showcase Showdown on this one…

• Like 4

I'm not ready for Baker to bounce back, torch us week one and pave his way into a great career. Meanwhile, Watson gets suspended a year or more, comes back but isn't the same player.

I can feel it in my bones.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Pete about to go into a season with drew lock as a starting QB 

They are rebuilding it doesn’t matter. They are losing with Drew or Baker. The only difference. There’s literally no purpose to getting him. It’s a waste of time for a distraction. 

42 minutes ago, lancerman said:

They are rebuilding it doesn’t matter. They are losing with Drew or Baker. The only difference. There’s literally no purpose to getting him. It’s a waste of time for a distraction. 

There’s going to be a really bad tanking team that misses out on a QB next year.

It’s like NBA teams who tank, but miss out on a top 3 pick.