Robert Woods traded to Titans for 6th rounder

Forge

Side note: Whenever the Rams extend a player and trade a player for a low pick like this, they make a splash trade or FA signing…..

incoming Gilmore, Wagner or some other high caliber pass rusher. Make it happen Snead!!! 
Reload and Run it back baby!

• Like 1

Just now, stl4life07 said:

So this move was for financial reasons. Leads me to think the Rams could be going after Wagner, Gilmore, or Z Smith. Still stings thing this move in a vacuum giving up Woods for literally nothing. 

Could be Gilmore and Wagner.. this move with Staffords move could hypothetically clear up enough space for both…

• Like 2

Holly hell are f ing kidding me?! 

Am I the one that values Woods?! 

Guy is an absolute baller, trading him for a 6th rounder?! Are we really treating ACLs like we did 20 years ago?! 

Thought the Rams were better than this, such a terrible move.

2 hours ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Not surprised and its its a smarter move than it seems on paper. These kind of consessions spread throughout the league and help entice FAs to sign with the Rams/take slightly less to 'win now' with them rather than other options. Also just a class thing to do.

it reminds me of when (funnily enough, also titans-related) mcvay allowed matt lafleur to take the titans OC job even though he could’ve blocked it since it was technically a lateral move. people talk in the league and these things come around. being a good, supportive employer pays off in the long run and mcvay seems to understand that

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kramxel said:

Holly hell are f ing kidding me?! 

Am I the one that values Woods?! 

Guy is an absolute baller, trading him for a 6th rounder?! Are we really treating ACLs like we did 20 years ago?! 

Thought the Rams were better than this, such a terrible move.

It’s a ridiculously lop-sided trade 

7 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

So this move was for financial reasons. Leads me to think the Rams could be going after Wagner, Gilmore, or Z Smith. Still stings thing this move in a vacuum giving up Woods for literally nothing. 

Wasn’t this because you already got in Robinson? Or are you expecting yet another big FA ?

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Wasn’t this because you already got in Robinson? Or are you expecting yet another big FA ?

Our beat writer, Jourdan Rodrigue (who is quite good), implied that there's at least another move planned.

6 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'm good with that. I doubt they'd have traded him for a 6th if teams were offering a 3rd. But I respect working to put Bobby in a good situation. He deserves it. He has been a team player and a consummate professional. I'm sad to see him go.

• Like 2