Eagles Training Camp Thread

Kiltman

Wide receiver is one of the positions when there is no hitting guys look like world beaters vs the defense. Totally changes when the threat of you getting hit comes into play. That is where Matthews and Nelson seem to fall apart. They aren't "thrive on contact" guys.

We can give ODB crap all day, but hes a "thrive on contact" guy,  the more you get physical with him the more temperamental and aggressive he gets and most of the time its for the better(except for that one game where he went psycho lol). Where as Nelson and Matthews just seeem to check out, shut down, not be in the moment when a corner gets really physical with them. 

Yeah, I feel like Agholor always looks promising in TC. Until he can reliably catch a slant over the middle in an actual game, I wont hold my breath.  I really hope he starts to turn the corner though, both him and JMatt seem like good guys.

The Eagles signed cornerback Tay Glover-Wright to a one-year contract on Monday, adding depth to a position that could use it after Friday’s injury of undrafted rookie Randall Goforth.

Consider the corner-back position fixed

5 hours ago, Phire said:

I'm hearing Agholor had a nice outing at the public practice. Yes, I know. But it was nice to hear that the fans cheered for him every time he made a play. I think Agholor has sucked but I certainly am not rooting against him.

I heard that fans were sarcastically cheering... at least at first.

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I heard that fans were sarcastically cheering... at least at first.

Haha I could believe that. I've been to a few open practices though and those are like, kids and families, a totally different crowd than games and such, I can believe if they were genuinely trying to cheer him on. 

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:
On 7/30/2017 at 2:19 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm being dead serious right now.

This could be the best collection of talent at receiver since I became an Eagles fan.

On the other hand this is definitely the worst collection of cornerback talent since I became an Eagles fan. 

The Jackson/Maclin duo in 2009/2010 is might have an argument against that but I'd say that this group is definitely in the conversation for #1

See, but it was pretty much just those two. 

2010 was their most productive season together. DeSean was a 2nd year player and Jeremy was a rookie.

The other receivers in 2010 were Chad Hall (lol), Riley Cooper (rookie), and Jason Avant (solid veteran).

On the season Avant had 573 yards and 1 TD. Hall had 115 yards and 1 TD. Cooper had 116 yards and 1 TD.

That is with our TE not even taking that many yards away from the receivers. Tight ends that year had 600 yards combined, meanwhile our TEs last year had like 1,200 yards combined.

I also think Torrey and Alshon being veterans, while DeSean and Jeremy were babies matters. 

The depth puts definitely puts this group over the edge compared to that one.

I'll take...

DeSean > Torrey

Alshon > Jeremy

J Matt > Avant

Agholor > Cooper

Hollins > Hall

8 minutes ago, Phire said:

Haha I could believe that. I've been to a few open practices though and those are like, kids and families, a totally different crowd than games and such, I can believe if they were genuinely trying to cheer him on. 

That's just what I heard on twitter.

People probably genuinely started cheering him on when they realized he wasn't dropping anything lol.

It's a shame that we never got to see Jackson and Maclin together in their primes.

In Kelly's first year DeSean blew up for 1,332 yards and 9 TDs, but Maclin suffered a season ending injury in camp.

Then, we cut DeSean the following off-season and Jeremy went for 1,318 yards and 10 TDs.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's a shame that we never got to see Jackson and Maclin together in their primes.

In Kelly's first year DeSean blew up for 1,332 yards and 9 TDs, but Maclin suffered a season ending injury in camp.

Then, we cut DeSean the following off-season and Jeremy went for 1,318 yards and 10 TDs.

Should have been the Jack, Mac, and Shady show.

16 hours ago, Phire said:
16 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Should have been the Jack, Mac, and Shady show.

Thats depressing. Hopefully we can resign our WRs and add some RB talent next season and see something better than those 3.

Say what you want about Agholor — and goodness knows we’ve all said a lot — but what he started back in OTAs and minicamp he's carried over during training camp. Agholor has been catching everything in sight and coaches have noticed his consistency. What’s been most impressive is how he’s catching the ball away from his body, and getting separation from DBs. His athletic ability and speed have never been a question but his focus on securing the ball has been. He spent 2016 putting too much pressure on himself, over-thinking situations and fighting inner demons of self-doubt. Now in his third training camp, Agholor knows this is the biggest camp of his career to prove his doubters wrong and to assure his quarterback Carson Wentz that he can be relied upon. Especially when you consider the talent and competition at WR have increased. For Agholor, so far so good.

Any bit of hope... It's bad when your 1st round WR is in his third season and we're happy that he's catching footballs lol.

Archived