Eagles Training Camp Thread

Kiltman

I think we'll keep 6 WRs (barring any trades).

The depth chart will probably go like this.

WR1 - Alshon Jeffery

WR2 - Torrey Smith

WR3 - Jordan Matthews

WR4 - Nelson Agholor

WR5 - Mack Hollins

WR6 - Marcus Johnson

Then, Shelton Gibson (disappointment thus far) and Greg Ward (impressed so far) would go on the practice squad.

33 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm being dead serious right now.

This could be the best collection of talent at receiver since I became an Eagles fan.

On the other hand this is definitely the worst collection of cornerback talent since I became an Eagles fan. 

Why not trade kendricks+ryan matthews for corner+lb?

53 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Not sure whether to be excited by WR's or absolutely terrified by CB's. 

just gotta hope our pass rush is better and Douglas and Mills can gets turnovers. if none of those work at least we still have our first round pick this year. Although i think this coming draft is pretty bad at corner.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

just gotta hope our pass rush is better and Douglas and Mills can gets turnovers. if none of those work at least we still have our first round pick this year. Although i think this coming draft is pretty bad at corner.

Jaire Alexander is a guy to look out for next year.

I have my doubts we'll go corner in the top half of round 1 which is where I firmly believe we'll be picking. Good chance we could even land in the top 10.

Obviously if Mills has a bad year and Douglas can't see the field and/or doesn't show improvement in practice, then things could change.

I'm hearing Agholor had a nice outing at the public practice. Yes, I know. But it was nice to hear that the fans cheered for him every time he made a play. I think Agholor has sucked but I certainly am not rooting against him.

On 7/30/2017 at 4:31 AM, ninjapirate said:

This might be an underrated positive from Torrey this year. last year wentz was lost when plays broke down this year Torrey might be there to help bail him out. 

Yeah advantage to having a seasoned veteran. Our WRs were all babies last year.

18 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This could be the best collection of talent at receiver since I became an Eagles fan.

On the other hand this is definitely the worst collection of cornerback talent since I became an Eagles fan. 

I think I agree. 

Warmack apparently got 1st team reps over the weekend:

So Seumalo is the Eagles' starting left guard. But Chance Warmack isn't going down without a fight.

Warmack, the former first-round pick who signed with the Eagles on a one-year deal to be reunited with his college position coach Jeff Stoutland, has been working hard to learn the playbook. And on Saturday afternoon, Warmack got a few reps with the first-team offense in Seumalo's spot.

Warmack thinks he still has a chance to be a starter in Philly.

"Oh yeah, that's why I came here," he said. "But at the same time, it's a process and you have to start at the beginning and work your way up just like everybody else. They ultimately make that decision. You just want to be one of the best five. That's all I'm trying to do."

Think this is Seumalo's job to lose but I'm all for competition up and down the depth chart.

16 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It is tough to get excited about our WRs when we all know just how trash our CBs are. It is good news that they are smashing the CBs at the least.

Pretty much this - it'd be a huge red flag if our WRs weren't dominating the current group of corners on our roster.

It's just a matter of time before we're going to have to sign someone or explore the trade market. There's no way in hell that we can trout that group of trash out there and expect to win games, especially in our division. 

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Jaire Alexander is a guy to look out for next year.

I have my doubts we'll go corner in the top half of round 1 which is where I firmly believe we'll be picking. Good chance we could even land in the top 10.

Obviously if Mills has a bad year and Douglas can't see the field and/or doesn't show improvement in practice, then things could change.

We normally draft running backs in 2nd or 3rd round. I wouldn't mind drafting corner in the first round next yr .Depends how things go.We may have to give up a draft pick to go up.

1o1 are a WRs best friend, they are working usually vs off man, now if these CBs are getting torched playing both off and press then MAYBE we have some issues. It is day 1 though. I'm more interested in how the CBs bounce back from it. 

20 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The Jackson/Maclin duo in 2009/2010 is might have an argument against that but I'd say that this group is definitely in the conversation for #1

Archived