DC Movie Universe

devils1854

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

It's really a shame that we never got to see the Jason Todd lead up and finale. I think she would've done really well in a support role.

When Ed Brubaker brought back Bucky from the dead I remember not liking that idea at all and wondering if Uncle Ben was prolly next.  Winter Soldier has been an outstanding addition to the Marvel universe.  It turned out to be a great decision. 

I don’t feel that way at all about Jason Todd.  I love Hush for Jim Lee’s artwork, not the story.  Not a fan of Red Hood either and oddly enough, I’d rather it be some clone ploy by Ras or somebody to mess with Batman. 

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Over 25 years running, thats a hell of a 15 minutes 

Yep, and its been documented here showing that her comics are one of the two or three best selling that DC has had to offer in the past decade.

Like it or not, this Birds of Prey movie is going to make a lot of money because of her. 

Matt Reeves says to expect his Batman film in 2021

It's very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It's told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it's going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It's more Batman in his detective mode than we've seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He's supposed to be the world's greatest detective, and that's not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I'd love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it's going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation.

There will be a Rogues Gallery. The casting process will begin shortly. We're starting to put together our battle plan. I'm doing another pass on the script and we'll begin some long-lead stuff to start developing conceptual things. 

We haven't been dated. I wouldn't commit to this, but we're thinking the movie would probably be for 2021, late spring or summer. Warner Bros. has been incredibly supportive and given me a lot of time and shared the same passion that I do for this story.

Right now, I'm involved in The Batman. What it will be called ultimately, I don't know. Aquaman is going to be very different from the Todd Phillips Joker movie, and that's going to be different from Shazam and Harley Quinn. Warners believes they don't have to try to develop a giant slate that has to have all the plans for how it's going to connect. What they need to try and do is make good movies with these characters.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/passage-producer-netflixs-theatrical-plans-noir-batman-1180514

37 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Yep, and its been documented here showing that her comics are one of the two or three best selling that DC has had to offer in the past decade.

Like it or not, this Birds of Prey movie is going to make a lot of money because of her. 

And on top of that, shes been basically a co-lead in multiple DC animated films now (her name in one of the titles), and shes getting her own animated series.

To pretend she isnt a force in pop culture at this point seems a little bit ridiculous

Listening to the latest Kevin Smith podcast, and he said that he was over on the Star Wars set recently and he was talking to the crew, and it was the same crew that did the Justice League movie(s) and he learned a lot about the Snyder universe.

• The final product was vastly different than was was filmed by Snyder. The end of the movie was supposed to introduce Darkseid, and there would have been a quick battle then Darksied goes back bome. Also, the shot in the trailer where Alfred talks to a faceless person in the Batcave was Green Lantern.
  • The second movie was the Justice League follows Darkseid to Apokolips and takes the fight there. The Lanten Corps were supposed to show up and fight as well. They all lose and Darksied goes to earth and kills everything.
  • the final movie would be the vision that Batman had of the wasteland. That’s the earth after Darksied destroys everything.

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Listening to the latest Kevin Smith podcast, and he said that he was over on the Star Wars set recently and he was talking to the crew, and it was the same crew that did the Justice League movie(s) and he learned a lot about the Snyder universe.

• The final product was vastly different than was was filmed by Snyder. The end of the movie was supposed to introduce Darkseid, and there would have been a quick battle then Darksied goes back bome. Also, the shot in the trailer where Alfred talks to a faceless person in the Batcave was Green Lantern.
  • The second movie was the Justice League follows Darkseid to Apokolips and takes the fight there. The Lanten Corps were supposed to show up and fight as well. They all lose and Darksied goes to earth and kills everything.
  • the final movie would be the vision that Batman had of the wasteland. That’s the earth after Darksied destroys everything.

Well I guess that's the reason why JL got Snyder canned, everyone dies and Darkseid killing everything isn't something you want for your "fun" "Fresh" exciting superhero movies. Granted that's all speculation but I can see that. 

3 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Honestly, I'm glad they didn't let that play out.  I always wanted something different from The Avengers.  I'm in the minority, but I'd like them to move towards a Legion of Doom/Injustice League.  First steps are already there.

If The reeves Batman goes more "detective" as expected, I'd think they could bring Riddler into it.  Perfect rogue for him to match wits with.  We know Cheetah is in WW84, and Black Manta is out there.  I still wish Lex would have picked him off of the plank, tho, unless the guy who saved him eventually takes over the suit and role.  Man of Steel 2 could have Lex create Bizarro and find Brainiac.  If they did a Green Lantern, Sinestro survives it in the end.  Obviously Deathstroke is out there, and would be perfect in the Moore film if Penguin hires him to take out Batman.

If they never connect them for another JL, the hiring of Snyder unintentionally killed the universe before it ever had a chance

4 hours ago, devils1854 said:

100% incorrect. They even released that scene with Alfred...it's Superman who he's talking to.

I've been following this from the beginning, and none of that matches up.

Edited by seminoles1

10 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Over 25 years running, thats a hell of a 15 minutes 

I'm not talking about how long she's been in existence.  She's had a cult following in comics and Batman:TAS but she wasn't a household name until the Suicide Squad movie.  She's gotten even more unbearable in comics recently (re: her kicking the crap out of Batman, Wonder Woman AND Superman at the same time in Heroes In Crisis. Laughable).  

Edited by thrILL!

15 minutes ago, Acgott said:

A newly announed film called DC Super Pets will open on May 21, 2021.

Matt Reeves' The Batman will open on June 25, 2021, and it will be followed by The Suicide Squad on Aug. 6, 2021. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-suicide-squad-sequel-set-2021-release-dates-1181432

Affleck officially out as well.