DC Movie Universe

devils1854

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I want to watch it, but I haven't yet. But every review that I've read has been negative. Apparently if you don't read the comics you'll be lost. So it sounds to me like they're following the DC model of jumping in mid to late story and leaving the audience without any character development or story to really care about.

As someone who has vague knowledge about the comics it takes a bit to piece together what's happening but the clues are there. 

18 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Again, not reading the comics or seen an episode yet, I'm just suppose to know what happened over 30 years and they expect people to watch and maintain interest?

No they don’t even go into what happened between that time period really. Your just suppose to go into what is happening now, the story isn’t that hard where people would be lost watching it. I don’t get the criticism.

Edited by Fresh Prince

6 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

If only there was a movie out to explain watchman that they could watch beforehand l.....

.....Would not recommend it because the movie is somewhat different to the comics. It is watchmen but the ending/actors are different and it's going to be confusing. 

On 11/9/2019 at 4:05 PM, Fresh Prince said:

If only there was a movie out to explain watchman that they could watch beforehand l.....

True. I saw that with a friend who was a Watchmen fan and couldn't understand much of it. And what I did understand, I didn't like.

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Gal Gadot has now joined the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement. WBs 2 biggest stars are now publicly behind it.

Probably only a matter of time. HBO Max would be a good place to release it to.

It's not happening lol.

There's no way to make money off of it so WB won't do it.

They're not gonna put out a half finished project and they're not going to pay to finish it.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Gal Gadot has now joined the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement. WBs 2 biggest stars are now publicly behind it.

Probably only a matter of time. HBO Max would be a good place to release it to.

It’s not going to live up to these outlandish expectations that fans have anyway. The movie was an absolute dumpster fire and no edit is going to salvage it. Will a mediocre film be enough to justify all this thirst?  Okay I guess. 

What cracks me up is how vocal fans who hated Snyder for MoS and BvS are some of the most vocal proponents of the so-called Snyder Cut. Everyone could see a mile away how poorly WB handled the entire setup of their films.  Their insistence at distancing themselves from how Marvel did it was their undoing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

It's more than half finished.

It's not. He left production in March and (officially in may) But that's still at least 6 months out from the release date. Assuming WB started to mess with the film around then they would've not finished what Snyder shot while they looked for a new director to finish the film. 

The movie was not half finished (at least the VFX weren't) and they're not likely to ever be finished because there's no money in it for WB.