DC Movie Universe

devils1854

On 10/5/2019 at 11:06 AM, seminoles1 said:

Snyder revealed today that Martian Manhunter is in the Snyder Cut. Harry Lennix's General Swanwick was J'onn Jonzz.

He gave lil to no hints in MoS. Just some stuff he's saying and doing to keep the cult followers buzzing.

Why has DC animation gone to crap in the past couple years?

The new Hush adaptation is 1.99 on amazon right now so I decided to give it a go.

Its pure awful. They changed so much about the classic story that it barely resembled it. There is so much forced humor in this as well. Its cringeworthy.

Movie was one of the worst animated Ive ever seen.

1 hour ago, RaiderX said:

He gave lil to no hints in MoS. Just some stuff he's saying and doing to keep the cult followers buzzing.

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-clues-harry-lennix-dceu-martian-manhunter-snyder-cut/

Subtle for some, reaches for most, but a few make sense and fans have speculated since MoS that Swanwick was someone more important, with MM being the most likely.

I wouldn't have wanted it fully spelled out for me anyways.

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

Why has DC animation gone to crap in the past couple years?

The new Hush adaptation is 1.99 on amazon right now so I decided to give it a go.

Its pure awful. They changed so much about the classic story that it barely resembled it. There is so much forced humor in this as well. Its cringeworthy.

Movie was one of the worst animated Ive ever seen.

It's this New52 continuity they're going with. Animation is bland and some of the voice acting is dry. I will say the death and return of Superman movies were pretty good. The Red Son first looks are promising too.

The DC animated universe is so mediocre. Every once in a while something will be great like Death of Superman but most are weak. Hopefully this new Wonder Woman one is good.

Edited by Bullet Club

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The DC animated universe is so mediocre. Every once in a while something will be great like Death of Superman but most are weak. Hopefully this new Wonder Woman one is good.

The Batman and JL ones were killing it starting with Son of Batman and then they did the Killing Joke and really just flaundered since. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The Batman and JL ones were killing it starting with Son of Batman and then they did the Killing Joke and really just flaundered since. 

I wasn't big on anything that had Damien or Throne of Atlantis. Batman vs TMNT was surprisingly excellent though.

14 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-clues-harry-lennix-dceu-martian-manhunter-snyder-cut/

Subtle for some, reaches for most, but a few make sense and fans have speculated since MoS that Swanwick was someone more important, with MM being the most likely.

I wouldn't have wanted it fully spelled out for me anyways.

Since Warner Bros aren't interested in or can't be bothered with a cohesive extended universe, why not just own it and run two separate ones?  Snyder can finish his cut and go one way, they can continue with the individual storylines, and whichever seems to have longer legs for the future can be the direction they go in.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:15 AM, Fresh Prince said:

Iris is pretty much the reason why i stopped watching the show. Hated every scene she was in.

As a huge fan of the show, I can tell you that has not changed with time or different angles.  She's still bad.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I'm still completely baffled that they threw in that convoluted 20 minute prologue to bump the movie's runtime to 75 minutes. I get that the actual KJ portion wasn't long enough to support a film, but they could've and should've just expanded the actual KJ story, it would've been so much better than the mess we actually got.

Edited by KManX89

Just now, KManX89 said:

I'm still completely baffled that they threw in that convoluted 20 minute prologue to bump the movie's runtime to 75 minutes. I get that the actual KJ portion of the film wasn't long enough to support a film, but they could've and should've just expanded the actual KJ story.

The whole thing made me feel dirty. I like to pretend it doesnt exist. 

Im not a of most DC animated MOVIES.  The animated SHOWS are great for the most part.

Mask of the Phantasm, Under the Red Hood, Justice League Doom, Batman Year One, The Flashpoint Paradox and The Dark Knight Returns are all great movies.   The Death of Superman was pretty good too.

Most of the others I dont care for (although I havent seen every single one).

Justice League War is where is really started going downhill for me.     Wasnt a fan of the animation or how they portrayed many of the characters, and its not gotten better from there.