DC Movie Universe

devils1854

14 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Never heard that either.  If it was meant to be a seperate movie, why was there a Hugh Jackman cameo?   

Originally it wasnt still looking for the article but he had planned on getting someone like Tom Hardy for the role with Jackman as a teaser.

If I remember the article correctly DOFP was supposed to be the last movie of his series with apocalypse and Dark Phoenix I think coming before that and DOFP was going to be the movie that bridged everything together cause he wasnt sure the studio would approve of a trilogy. 

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Originally it wasnt still looking for the article but he had planned on getting someone like Tom Hardy for the role with Jackman as a teaser.

If I remember the article correctly DOFP was supposed to be the last movie of his series with apocalypse and Dark Phoenix I think coming before that and DOFP was going to be the movie that bridged everything together cause he wasnt sure the studio would approve of a trilogy. 

I do remember Vaughn talking about Fox rushing to DoFP, but don't ever remember anyone saying First Class was a solo outing with no connections or plans for sequels.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I do remember Vaughn talking about Fox rushing to DoFP, but don't ever remember anyone saying First Class was a solo outing with no connections or plans for sequels.

No I didnt mean strictly a Solo movie. I meant Vaughn set it up to be a standalone if Fox chose not to make another one. 

Jesse Eisenberg says he's done as Lex in the DCEU

He never should've been cast as Lex in the first place. What were they thinking?

Okay, so the naysayers were wrong about Ben as Bats and Gadot as Wonder Woman and we gladly ate those words, but there's no reason Eisenberg should've been cast as Lex.

Edited by KManX89

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Jesse Eisenberg says he's done as Lex in the DCEU

He never should've been cast as Lex in the first place. What were they thinking?

Okay, so the naysayers were wrong about Ben as Bats and Gadot as Wonder Woman and we gladly ate those words, but there's no reason Eisenberg should've been cast as Lex.

I blame the writing more than Eisenberg. There were definitely better choices, though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I blame the writing more than Eisenberg. There were definitely better choices, though.

2 hours ago, August4th said:

I think Eisenberg could of been a good Lex, but the writing and direction they went did him no favors

Im in this boat too

8 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Isn’t the rumor that he was Lex’s son 

Fan rumor...yes.

And I dont agree Eisenberg couldve been a good Luthor, regardless of writing.  He could've been better that what he was, but Lex Luthor should have a commanding presence, and Eisenberg could never pull that off.   I laughed whenever he attempted to be remotely intimidating. 

He is a low key, sarcastic guy....couldve pulled off Riddler.  

26 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Fan rumor...yes.

And I dont agree Eisenberg couldve been a good Luthor, regardless of writing.  He could've been better that what he was, but Lex Luthor should have a commanding presence, and Eisenberg could never pull that off.   I laughed whenever he attempted to be remotely intimidating. 

I agree with this big time. When Kent and Wayne first meet at that party, and lex shows up he should’ve had just as strong a presence next to them.

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I agree with this big time. When Kent and Wayne first meet at that party, and lex shows up he should’ve had just as strong a presence next to them.

Yeah...he felt like the annoying guy at the party who comes up and tells bad jokes.

I realize he was written this way too, but Ive never seen a single thing Eisenberg ever done where he had anything even CLOSE to a dominating screen presence.   He at least needed to hold his own with Clark and Bruce, but Eisenberg would never pull that off.  He doesnt have the look, personality or acting chops to pull it off.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Fan rumor...yes.

Not just commanding but Lex genuinely hated Superman for what he was and I never got that vibe watching Eisenberg. His best scene in his that entire movie was the scene with the painting and that still left alot to be desired.

I think someone like Bryan Cranston would have been perfect as Lex Luthor. He has shown time and time again he could have not just a commanding presence but a threatening one that's fueled by something darker inside him. 

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Fan rumor...yes.

This. He was more Riddler than Lex.

58 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Not just commanding but Lex genuinely hated Superman for what he was and I never got that vibe watching Eisenberg. His best scene in his that entire movie was the scene with the painting and that still left alot to be desired.

I think someone like Bryan Cranston would have been perfect as Lex Luthor. He has shown time and time again he could have not just a commanding presence but a threatening one that's fueled by something darker inside him. 

The motivations for Lex and Bruce hating Superman in BvS were so embarrassingly bad.   A few tweaks here and there and it wouldve been fine, but the way they were written were awful.   It just seemed like Snyder and Goyer thought that their hatreds for Superman needed to be overly convoluted when they didnt.

I get that Batman felt he was a threat. and after Robin was killed he was alot more brutal, but he is supposed to be a genius and the worlds greatest detective....and he just ignored everything Superman did that was good and the fact he saved the planet, and wanted to kill him because he MIGHT turn bad?   Dumb.

Lex just seemed to hate him because he represented god, and he hated god because his daddy was mean to him.   

IMO, Lex shouldve been fascinated with Superman's powers and wanted to team up with him, but when Superman refuses, Lex becomes angry that he cant control Superman like he does everyone else and then manipulated Batman to help him take Superman down....maybe by setting Superman up and making him attack innocent troops or cops or something.    Then Batman's distrust wouldve been more warranted.

I dont have all the answers, but it couldve easily been done much better.   I seriously wonder how some Hollywood writers get work.    

Edited by FourThreeMafia