DC Movie Universe

devils1854

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

According to THR, they are officially doing about a week of reshoots for the Snyder Cut next month with all stars expected to be involved.

The Wrap is saying Snyder and crew got $70 million for this, more than double the initial rumor of $30 million.

Okay....I am officially excited, even though I still don't trust Snyder.

Are these reshoots of existing scenes, or new, additional scenes?

52 minutes ago, 43M said:

Okay....I am officially excited, even though I still don't trust Snyder.

Are these reshoots of existing scenes, or new, additional scenes?

I didn't see anything that clarified. A lot of things are on the table now with these 2 new reports, including Snyder able to go as far as filming more of his initial script before the studio required rewrites after the poor reception of BvS.

I won't go any further than that because I don't want to spoil anything in case others haven't read up on all the changes that were made not only from what was filmed, but from Snyder and Terrio's original script.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

All of this is going to happen, and we're still going to end up with a mediocre movie. 

A mediocre movie would blow away my wildest expectations of what I expect this to be.  I'm calling it now, this is going to end up being 2 three hour movies or something ridiculous like that and it's going to be a huge muddled mess.

• Like 1

I have 0 doubts this will not be some amazing film or anything, especially considering that Snyder has never made an objectively fantastic movie, but I'm a stan who has enjoyed most of his movies and very much appreciated the different direction who took these characters in.

There's lots of formulaic meh out there in regards to superhero movies, so I'm all for giving him his chance to do something unique instead of the same Disneyfied wash/rinse/repeat that is constantly released.

If it bombs then okay, but it'll still be better than that nonsense that Whedon released.

I have 0 doubts this will not be some amazing film or anything, especially considering that Snyder has never made an objectively fantastic movie, but I'm a stan who has enjoyed most of his movies and very much appreciated the different direction who took these characters in.

There's lots of formulaic meh out there in regards to superhero movies, so I'm all for giving him his chance to do something unique instead of the same Disneyfied wash/rinse/repeat that is constantly released.

If it bombs then okay, but it'll still be better than that nonsense that Whedon released.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Like I said in a previous post, he could have negotiated reshoots of his original script. He did say he didn't compromise at all.

Yea, sorry wasnt really directed at you, just the real hardcore #SnyderCut crew (which I dont think we really had any here) who liked to tout it was already finished sitting in the can.

Also, lets not pretend Snyder isnt going to change some stuff to fit the narrative/wants that have been out there for years now

40 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, sorry wasnt really directed at you, just the real hardcore #SnyderCut crew (which I dont think we really had any here) who liked to tout it was already finished sitting in the can.

Also, lets not pretend Snyder isnt going to change some stuff to fit the narrative/wants that have been out there for years now

I know Snyder had talked about a 5 movie arc of which Justice League was part 3 after Man of Steel and BvS.  Does he try to fit the ideas for 4 and 5 into this cut?