Kirk Herbstreit joins Al Michaels on TNF/Amazon

Matts4313

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/al-michaels-amazon-thursday-night-football-1235115852/

Longtime NFL play-by-play announcer Al Michaels will join tech giant Amazon to lead the company’s Thursday Night Football broadcast booth. Michaels will be paired with ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit in the TNF booth. Amazon announced the new booth on Wednesday.

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, y*so*blu said:

Never heard of him. Hope he's good, though.

Hes been the ESPN lead for NCAA games for like.. I dont even know, a decade? It seems like forever. 

Have you literally never watched a big college game? Like the national championships? 

• Like 1

Herb has been fantastic in the few games he's done at the pro level.

This is a terrific pairing.

I wonder if this changes the algorithm for how the NFL schedules matchups for TNF this upcoming season with this new crew in the fold.

We all know TNF has been getting the leftovers from MNF/SNF since it began, matchup wise.

Edited by Nex_Gen

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Hes been the ESPN lead for NCAA games for like.. I dont even know, a decade? It seems like forever. 

Have you literally never watched a big college game? Like the national championships? 

I've watched college games here and there, but not with my full attention. I've never had ESPN either. I guess that explains it. 😄

What on Earth is Fox going to do? Don’t they have the SB next year? It cannot possibly be Greg Olsen. Put Aqib Talib in there as a trio and let the two compete with each other for the ultimate color guy going forward. Burkhardt is solid but he needs a better play by play guy alongside him.