Dolphins release WR Allen Hurns, Walking Turnstile Jesse Davis

TheKillerNacho

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Man, I thought Hurns had the potential to be a solid #2/3 type of guy like Steve Breast on was with Arizona. 

Injuries pretty much derailed him though.  

Yeah his lone good season was soooo long ago 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I had no clue Hurns was still in the league

I remember him having a really good season with you guys and thinking he was going to be a beast. He’s still be decent when healthy but not like that year. Still a very good career for an undrafted guy. 

55 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Whatever did happen to Hurns? I remember him going 1000yards/10TDs with Blake Bortles, including some circus catches, but have barely heard his name since. Was it injuries?

Just couldn't hold up physically. The NFL is a hard sport, bodies aren't meant to do this stuff.

Jesse Davis being released generates as much excitement as the Tyreek Hill signing amongst Dolphins fans. I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like his performance last year. He might have had the worst season for a "starting" O lineman ever. He won't be a Dolphin this year and will still somehow give up a sack. 

Hurns was very clever and clutch with the Canes and never should have gone undrafted. 

Jesse Davis is not starting caliber but it makes very little sense to release him at this date, other than the front office knowing the fan base will rejoice. It looks like Chris Grier is trying to win the public relations battle as much or more than winning games. Davis is a good guy and capable rotational backup. The Dolphins have signed numerous clods over the years far worse than him. 

The hilarity is that many Dolphin fans on various sites have been posting Davis' season by season PFF numbers and ridiculing him, while totally ignoring that Davis' worst season of 52.5 is light years above the other Davis on the roster, the remarkably inept Raekwon Davis who posted 36.5 on PFF in 2021. You still have blindfolded Dolphin fans who bought into the absurd hype toward Raekwon in 2020 and want to pretend he's a future star.

Well at least Raekwon has only one direction available to him in 2022. It's almost totally impossible to replicate or worsen that 36.5, for any interior lineman who retains a pulse.

Wonder if Hurns gets another shot somewhere, or if he just calls it a career. Might be another addition to the list of wide receivers that had one outlier 1K+ season, and then was otherwise unremarkable the rest of the way. But yeah someone should have at least drafted him somewhere. 

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I had no clue Hurns was still in the league

I definitely thought he'd injury done himself right out the league.  Legit had no idea he was signed with the Dolphins.  Tragic story in the long run, the whole thing.

16 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

Jesse Davis being released generates as much excitement as the Tyreek Hill signing amongst Dolphins fans. I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like his performance last year. He might have had the worst season for a "starting" O lineman ever. He won't be a Dolphin this year and will still somehow give up a sack. 

New York Jets. 

"On January 11, 2016, Davis signed with the New York Jets, but was waived on August 28. He was signed to the Jets' practice squad on November 1, but was released two weeks later". 

Miami Dolphins

"On November 22, 2016, Davis was signed to the Miami Dolphins' practice squad. Then signed a reserve/future contract with the team on January 10, 2017".

That's what Miami gets. For trying to be cute. Thinking they found something special despite already being sloppy seconds (of the Jets).