Absolutely not surprising: Commanders in potential trouble again

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If the NFL/Snyder was actually good at bribing people, we wouldn't find out about this stuff.

All I'm saying is that I've spent a tremendous amount of energy since roughly 2018 hoping for some semblance of justice or accountability for certain powerful people and literally nothing has come of it in the face of overwhelming evidence. I'm not going to get my hopes up here.

If something happens, great, he deserves it. 

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

All I'm saying is that I've spent a tremendous amount of energy since roughly 2018 hoping for some semblance of justice or accountability for certain powerful people and literally nothing has come of it in the face of overwhelming evidence. I'm not going to get my hopes up here.

If something happens, great, he deserves it. 

You're not alone in feeling that way, it's also why the circumstances make me excited about this specific situation.

People who are defended in the case of overwhelming evidence like you suggest are bringing something to the table, whether that's a politician who motivates people to vote and therefore is valuable to their party, or a company which still has cash reserves for lobbying. From an outsiders' standpoint, Snyder hasn't done anything to help himself here. He's constantly a liability publicly, he doesn't bring financial muscle to the table - not that the NFL needs it anyway, and he seems to get off on making other powerful people mad. Recipe for throwing him under the bus IMO.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Holy ****. It's actually as bad as it was reported.

Somebody's going to jail for this right? @jrry32 we need a non-layperson opinion.

An extremely wealthy man going to jail for white collar crime? Probably not. 😉

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 11:32 AM, Broncofan said:

Yes and no.  For sure it impacts player revenue.   But it also impacts revenue to the other teams too.   Unless this happening league wide can’t believe the other owners will be happy with this at all.  

If it’s just WAS doing this ironically this could be the death blow for Snyder.   Kinda like tax evasion and Al Capone.  Kinda crazy if this is how it ends after everything he’s done to that franchise.  

Isn’t it possible that Snyder is a perfect target to become the scapegoat for the entire league? 

1 hour ago, Zukhyubern said:

Isn’t it possible that Snyder is a perfect target to become the scapegoat for the entire league? 

The thing that makes it less likely though that’s its happening in every team is that the alleged fraud involved ticket price increase revenue being kept - not every team gains more revenue this way nor do they do it evenly.   Or have the same other non football activities to hide the $.   Possible?  Sure.   Likely to be league wide?  Given how teams operate differently with ticket prices / non football event revenue, that’s iffier.   

Either way though there’s zero chance the league would admit to it being a league practice even if it was happening with 1/3 of the teams.  Unless Snyder really knows where the bodies are buried this could be his death knell.   

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Unless Snyder really knows where the bodies are buried this could be his death knell.   

Dimes to dollars - he knows. In the league or in those investigating him in Congress.

If we look at this as is - a billionaire in DC is going to have a LOT of qualified PIs and former counter-intellegence professionals at his disposal. It's going to cost him a lot, but he's got the war chest to pay that cost.

Snyder's best defense... is going to be going on the offensive against 30 other billionaires and a few political figures. We know he lacks the moral fiber to do this as well.

At the least, this is going to be entertaining. Think of a televised Kardashian dinner - gonna be a lot of yelling and crying, and I'm all for it.

Snyder screams sociopath. Also imagine what he would be like as a old owner? I hope for DC fans he ends up losing the team because he's still really young for a owner. A senile version of Snyder owning this team decades from now does sound good for them or the NFL