Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

26 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

There's 50 other players on that roster, bruh.  Gotta coach 'em all.

Not one single offensive player has gotten better under Hue.

Ya cuz Hue is responsible for Treggs being essentially a practice squad player that he is forced to play

Same goes for Britt...aka Dwayne Bowe 2.0

How bout Ricardo Louis and Hollywood Higgins?  Hue didn't teach em how to catch a pass???

Njoku?  He forgot to teach him what an offensive PI is???

You say it's Hue that is responsible for the QB situation we currently have.  He fell on the sword with Kessler pick (overdrafted piece of garbage)

Hogan...shouldn't even have a roster spot

Osweiler...all time terrible pickup but had to do so for a draft pick

Kizer....shows promise at times, but was given ZERO to work with

Crow has regressed

Duke needs more touches, but usually runs off the field hurt after every play.

WHAT DOES HUE HAVE TO WORK WITH??????

The offensive line has been decent, but are they living up to what we spent????

How bout defensively???

Has Peppers been even average????

Has Garrett shown to be THE BEST PLAYER in the draft????  He was a no brainer, but not if Trubisky, Mahomes, or Watson prove to be stud QB's.

How did that run d look this past week.???  I'm sure it was cuz..you know...Ogbah was out.  How many sacks or hurries does he have in his career????

kizer v the Bengals

targeting TE's 6/6 80 yards 13.3 YPA rating 118.8

WR's 7/16 142yards  9.1 YPA rating 76.5

RB's 5/8 42 yards 5.25 ypa rating 76.1

Past production isn't predictive of future production but we need to target the TE's more. 

We need to target the TE's more and they have to play the role of the hot read as well as the running back. The Bengals were double covering our running backs, because we have carved teams up with that.  

this is one of things that drives me nuts about Hue's game plans. Why would you target the likes of higgins and louis over Seth Devalve who is a better match up physically and has better range and hands. 

why does hue hate TE's? 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

kizer v the Bengals

Past production isn't predictive of future production but we need to target the TE's more. 

We need to target the TE's more and they have to play the role of the hot read as well as the running back. The Bengals were double covering our running backs, because we have carved teams up with that.  

this is one of things that drives me nuts about Hue's game plans. Why would you target the likes of higgins and louis over Seth Devalve who is a better match up physically and has better range and hands. 

why does hue hate TE's? 

never let a good emotion interfere with fact

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

kizer v the Bengals

why does hue hate TE's? 

It's almost like throwing over the middle against linebackers can be successful? Hue's just dumb, I think. 

6 hours ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

You have to talk about the misses, too.  Like Wentz, Goff, Watson, Trubisky.  And the Wentz trade has been analyzed, and they don't have a whole lot to show for it.  Trades are nice, but at some point you need players.  They have ample picks in the upcoming draft.  You mention Schobert, Coleman and Drango as decent players, and that's what they are.  But we need some difference makers, not a roster of decent players.  That's all I'm saying.  I don't think they have the slightest ability to recognize true NFL talent.  And it's killing us.  It's nice that we're young.  And it's nice that we're getting all this game experience. But we need some players and playmakers to get to the next level.  Sashi and co. aren't likely to acquire the needed talent for us, because they don't know what it is.  He's a lawyer, for crying out loud.

How was Goff a miss? We never owned the 2016 1st pick at any point. You think we should have taken Trubisky over Myles Garrett? Please!

You're complaining for the sake of complaining. We'll see how many games Watson misses over his career versus games played. Wentz has been fantastic and is blowing all his projections out of the water. There were legitimate question marks with Wentz. Kudos to Philly for taking a gamble and having a major pay off. Let's at least wait a couple more years to see if we reap the benefits of the large haul of early round draft picks we've been hoarding. Drafts shouldn't be assessed until 3-5 years down the road.

8 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Ya cuz Hue is responsible for Treggs being essentially a practice squad player that he is forced to play

Same goes for Britt...aka Dwayne Bowe 2.0

How bout Ricardo Louis and Hollywood Higgins?  Hue didn't teach em how to catch a pass???

Njoku?  He forgot to teach him what an offensive PI is???

You say it's Hue that is responsible for the QB situation we currently have.  He fell on the sword with Kessler pick (overdrafted piece of garbage)

Hogan...shouldn't even have a roster spot

Osweiler...all time terrible pickup but had to do so for a draft pick

Kizer....shows promise at times, but was given ZERO to work with

Crow has regressed

Duke needs more touches, but usually runs off the field hurt after every play.

WHAT DOES HUE HAVE TO WORK WITH??????

The offensive line has been decent, but are they living up to what we spent????

How bout defensively???

Has Peppers been even average????

Has Garrett shown to be THE BEST PLAYER in the draft????  He was a no brainer, but not if Trubisky, Mahomes, or Watson prove to be stud QB's.

How did that run d look this past week.???  I'm sure it was cuz..you know...Ogbah was out.  How many sacks or hurries does he have in his career????

Being insufferable and refusing to see reason is no way to go through life, son.

Your head coach is not equipped to score points in the red zone.  That is why we lose.  He has stated as much himself, and shows it weekly in his play selection.

This is a man who has no idea of what he is doing, or is purposely trying to lose games.

You want to pin that on the guy getting the players, but how in the hell are they supposed to score when this is the crap that is being called week in and week out?

23 hours ago, Forge said:

Just to clarify on the 49ers: Barkley didn't make the team out of pre-season. We started Brian Hoyer (who was always going to be our starter), then switched to CJ Beathard, our third round pick this year. The main reason that Jimmy G hasn't been starting is that Shanahan's offense is notoriously difficult to learn - quite a few people say it takes a year to get comfortable in (one of the reasons that Hoyer was the target in free agency to sign and start - he had familiarity in the season). 

Obviously there was no way that Jimmy G was going to come in and start right away given the complexities of the offense. It's been about a month so far, and he's still having to put in extra time with the coaches to learn the ins and outs of it.  The team is actually not playing for draft position (which annoys me to no end as I think that second pick is vital to getting a windfall from a trade), and I would suspect that Jimmy G starts next week against the Bears (though Shanahan was non-committal). We don't have any wiggle room in draft position - if we win one game, we lose the #2 pick (the Giants hold the tie breaker). We also have a few winnable games coming up - The bears, Texans and probably even the Titans to be honest, are all winnable games, even more so if Jimmy G is legit - and if we somehow managed to sweep those, 4 wins would completely destroy our draft position, yet I do suspect that he will start all three of those games. 

Sorry, I only caught a glimpse of the 49er game and mistook Barkley for Beathard, the B's got me, but I have to disagree about why Shanahan is not starting Garo. Garo is not some rookie QB who has little knowledge of the NFL and BB runs a pretty complicated offense in NE. I could see it if they held him out of 1 game, but after that I really believe it is draft order that is keeping him on the bench. Shanahan/Lynch know they aren't going to make the playoffs, so throwing the season is a far more likely a scenario. They are in a rebuild mold and that higher pick must look pretty attractive to them, even if it ends up being #3 or possibly even #1. Just think of how many high picks the top 2 overall picks will demand for teams wanting to draft a QB in this rich QB draft. Remember, Washington paid 3 #1's and more for RG3.

Unless injuries completely force the issue, I'll be surprised if he starts more than a game and just comes in, in the others when the issue is already decided, to prepare him for next season. 

Remember, there is no way a GM or HC would ever suggest that they are throwing the season, it would cost them multiple high draft picks and the GM would likely be banned for life. So, they are always going to make some excuse why Garo is riding the bench. It is what every GM who is smart, would do. Believe me, Shanny will be looking for ways to blow games, it is easier than you think???

4 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Sorry, I only caught a glimpse of the 49er game and mistook Barkley for Beathard, the B's got me, but I have to disagree about why Shanahan is not starting Garo. Garo is not some rookie QB who has little knowledge of the NFL and BB runs a pretty complicated offense in NE. I could see it if they held him out of 1 game, but after that I really believe it is draft order that is keeping him on the bench. Shanahan/Lynch know they aren't going to make the playoffs, so throwing the season is a far more likely a scenario. They are in a rebuild mold and that higher pick must look pretty attractive to them, even if it ends up being #3 or possibly even #1. Just think of how many high picks the top 2 overall picks will demand for teams wanting to draft a QB in this rich QB draft. Remember, Washington paid 3 #1's and more for RG3.

Unless injuries completely force the issue, I'll be surprised if he starts more than a game and just comes in, in the others when the issue is already decided, to prepare him for next season. 

Remember, there is no way a GM or HC would ever suggest that they are throwing the season, it would cost them multiple high draft picks and the GM would likely be banned for life. So, they are always going to make some excuse why Garo is riding the bench. It is what every GM who is smart, would do. Believe me, Shanny will be looking for ways to blow games, it is easier than you think???

So the 9ers front office is smart for tanking but Cleveland's is incompetent for doing the same thing?

6 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Being insufferable and refusing to see reason is no way to go through life, son.

Your head coach is not equipped to score points in the red zone.  That is why we lose.  He has stated as much himself, and shows it weekly in his play selection.

This is a man who has no idea of what he is doing, or is purposely trying to lose games.

You want to pin that on the guy getting the players, but how in the hell are they supposed to score when this is the crap that is being called week in and week out?

I have seen plenty of garbage when it comes to time management, and play calling by Hue.  In fact, he may be one of those guys, like Romeo Crennel, like Pat Shurmur, that are better suited to being a coordinator.  I recall a 2nd and 1 where he called two straight passes, and the 3rd and 1 was after a timeout.  Some of the things he does is ridiculous.

You, along with many others that post here, seem to overestimate this so-called talent we have on this team.  You need to take the "homer" glasses off, and realize that Sashi an Co. are about as ill equipped to pick players, as you think Hue is to coach.  

They had difference makers staring them in the face, and passed on them.

They have, most importantly, not identified a QBOTF.

They gave this "supposed" offensive guru of a coach NOTHING TO WORK WITH.  But boy oh boy we sure do have money to spend when the time is right.  We sure do have some draft picks to make....when we are not trading down.

We have whiffed

15 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Idiotic post.

Trubisky over Garrett?  GTFOH.

They did not have a shot at Goff.

The Wentz trade can't be fully analyzed because we still have picks yet to be made from that haul.  Coleman, by the way, is the only decent receiver we have.

Difference makers brought in by this "lawyer" include:  Jamie Collins, Corey Coleman, Emmanuel Ogbah, Brien Boddy-Calhoun, Jason McCourty, Terrelle Pryor, Trevon Coley, Myles Garrett, Larry Ogunjobi, among others.  

I won't even mention the numerous trades that turned garbage into draft picks, but I bet you can't name another GM who got a 4th round pick for a punter.  A pick we get to make in 2018, for a punter we haven't had since 2016.

P.S.  Howie Roseman is a lawyer. You know, the guy who traded 5 top 100 picks for a Division II QB who missed more than half his Senior year to injury. Don't let that inconvenient truth get in the way of your erroneous narrative, though. 

Look, I'm not here to argue.  I'm a Browns fan.  Everyone has an opinion.  Mine happens to be different than yours.  Yours is definitely much better than mine.  Why else would you be making the picks on draft day?  You're not?  That's what I thought.  Please post your opinions and refrain from referring to "idiotic posts" okay?  It's an opinion.  Now for the fact.  We ain't talking about Howie Roseman. We talking about Sashi.   Not Howie.  We talking about Sashi.  And my opinion is, the difference makers that you refer to, while they might be nice pieces, where are we?  Pryor is gone.  Gee, we won the negotiation, but lost the player.  That was smart lawyering.  And that receiving corp?  Come on.  You've seen the drops, haven't you?  And that Groza Award winning kicker we kept over Parkey?  That move looks pretty good, too.  He can make all the 'great' trades he wants, but at some point we have to have top tier talent, and the front office doesn't know what it looks like, and that's the biggest problem.  You think Parcells or Cowher could win with this roster?  My original opinion was that we could have won perhaps four games with better QB play.  Did Hue figure into some of that?  Perhaps, but not ALL of it.  My opinion is that we need a true NFL talent guy in here to run the draft and player acquisition.  Whether you agree with that or not, I don't care.  Just post your opinions politely.  GO BROWNS!

Archived