Dan Snyder Drama thread

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s super easy to cut through Lorton and take 123 the rest of the way to Woodbridge. I usually do that on Sundays when going to my parents. Hell, if 123 is backed up you can cut through Fairfax station and end up out by Hoadley Road and the prince william parkway. There’s plenty of ways in and out of Woodbridge without getting on 95. 

Yup. You can get anywhere in Woodbridge without ever touching 95

On 4/25/2022 at 7:36 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Unfortunately I always feel this way. Until there is a nail in the coffin and the sale of the team is official, I will wake up tomorrow and he will still own the franchise. 

Another month. This is still true. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This is true, but you have to think in terms of every driver coming from the Ashburn area, DC & Frederick/PG/Montgomery County MD. Not everyone knows those back roads like you & if a lot of people do know them or learn them, they’ll get backed up as well. If they fill the new stadium, likely  at least in the first few years at a minimum that’s 20,000 more cars on the road going down 95 or taking back roads like cutting through Lorton to 123 or on the other side taking the PW Parkway, Backlick road, Route 1 etc, etc.

They need to do major Infrastructure upgrades to 95 & other roads that go south but are residential but the Virginia General Assembly hasn’t been likely to do that for years and it doesn’t seem likely they’d do it for Damn Snyder.

They had at least two that I listened to, if not three Virginia State Senators on 106.7 the Fan yesterday to talk about their votes and other issues with the stadium going to Woodbridge. They both have the same issues, the amount of traffic that’s already there & that is there coming from the counties that touch DC and how it would be worse on game days. Also, they spoke of how they already have infrastructure issues that need to be addressed to deal w/ traffic and that’s before even considering a 60,000 seat NFL football stadium.

Judging by the resistance we’re seeing from the VA state assembly to even vote trough this proposal - many Senators are flipping their votes from January - it’s hard to imagine the Stadium being built in Woodbridge w/o Dan forking up the $ for the Stadium while the state, county and local governments help fund the other commercial and residential projects around where the new stadium would be, just like what PG County is saying they’ll do & what I believe DC would offer as well.

In my personal opinion, Damn is going to end up building the stadium in Loudon County bc he lives there as well as the coaches and players already live there. He may not get the funding from the State of Va that he wants but if he does it near Ashburn, he’d be shortening his commute & the commute of the coaches and players as well on game day at the least.

These senators had no issue approving a giant Keiser building in the middle of Minniville which has increased the traffic on Caton Hill Road. They’re pissed the name changed as one even admitted too and they’re coming up with excuses. If you’re building a stadium in a city or busy suburb it will lead to traffic.

These dummies have also had years to fix the traffic issue and instead every time I drive to Woodbridge there’s more trees being torn down and more apartment complexes going up. They clearly do not care about traffic. The bottleneck at the occoquan bridge has been there forever and instead of fixing it they built EZ Pass lanes. They only care when it fits their narrative. 

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

These senators had no issue approving a giant Keiser building in the middle of Minniville which has increased the traffic on Caton Hill Road. They’re pissed the name changed as one even admitted too and they’re coming up with excuses. If you’re building a stadium in a city or busy suburb it will lead to traffic.

These dummies have also had years to fix the traffic issue and instead every time I drive to Woodbridge there’s more trees being torn down and more apartment complexes going up. They clearly do not care about traffic. The bottleneck at the occoquan bridge has been there forever and instead of fixing it they built EZ Pass lanes. They only care when it fits their narrative. 

Do 60,000 people work there? 😂 I mean come on dude, building a building for a corporation or housing for example is very different than a 60,000 seat stadium and what affect that will have on traffic in an area.

I’d say they care about traffic, I’d say the issue is they don’t want to increase taxes so they do foolish things like “hot lanes” to make people pay to drive on 495/95 south  which does very little to address major issues but taxes don’t get raised as much.

If they did real public infrastructure & a real transportation bill in the state & funded it then they’d address the issues better. The hot lanes are a joke.

Edited by turtle28

Somehow all the threads here seem to meld into one. Everytime there is a new post in here I get hopefully something undeniable happened pertaining to Snyder and the team and it's all about the stadium/travel.

This will teach me to allow FF to be used as a news source. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Somehow all the threads here seem to meld into one. Everytime there is a new post in here I get hopefully something undeniable happened pertaining to Snyder and the team and it's all about the stadium/travel.

This will teach me to allow FF to be used as a news source. 

At The End Of The Day GIF by VCG Construction

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34019341/house-oversight-committee-invites-dan-snyder-roger-goodell-testify-hearing 

Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell have been requested to testify at a congressional hearing on June 22.

Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney, the chairperson of the Committee on Oversight and Reform, and Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi, the chairperson of the Subcommittee on Economic and Consumer Policy, sent letters to both men to make the request.

• Like 3

You don't understand - Snyder is going to get up there and plead the 5th at any question hurled his way. The public optics are going to be so terrible during the sports less summer lulls. He will be carved up by all media outlets. 

It’s something you want sooooo bad and can’t wait until it’s a reality. Can’t come soon enough. We have heard the rumors before that the cockroach is gone but low and behold he’s still the owner, reason for the apprehension to believe this will come true. 
We need this for the fan base to happen. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 2