• Celtics in 5
    • Celtics in 6
    • Celtics in 7
    • Nets in 4
    • Nets in 5
    • Nets in 6
    • Nets in 7

I have the Nets in 6 games. 

You know there are alot of hate towards the Nets when it comes down to talking about how many points the Nets are winning by and how many minutes KD and Kyrie are playing. Like that is nitpicking. Who cares if the Nets are up by 20pts and then only win by 5pts. Who cares if KD and Kyrie are playing 40 minutes. I agree with Chris Broussard when he said back in the day players used to play 40+ minutes and all 82 games regularly. In the playoffs idc if a team wins by one point or 50pts its all about win and advance. 

I like what the Celtics have done since the start of the 2022 year. You can make a case for them being the best team in basketball since then. Im not picking them to beat the Nets. Last time we saw the Celtics v the Nets in the playoffs the Nets beat them. I get that both teams are drastically different. Im just saying, KD and Kyrie are now going to take it up a few notches bc the playoffs is where they showcase their superstardom. I love Tatum and I think Brown is great. The Celtics overall is a great team but Im not picking against a team who has KD and Kyrie. Both players can drop 50 on any given night and they can close. The Celtics havent shown in close games they can close. So unless you think these games are going to be blowouts then yeah fav the Celtics. I think these games are going to be close and I trust KD and Kyrie to hit the big shots more than Tatum and Brown. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Nets in 6, KD will not be denied a chance to slay the fraud Bucks.

Oh I totally agree. The Nets wont be denied for a chance to play the Bucks and show them that last season they got lucky. And its not to take anything away from the Bucks bc you need some lucky breaks to win a title. Its not easy. But when Harden reinjured his hamstring seconds into Game 1 and Giannis accidentally rolled up Kyrie ankle in Game 4 and then KD toe was on the line in Game 7 that wouldve beaten the Bucks I think the Nets are just thinking they know they are the better team and everyone is sleeping on them. 

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Oh yeah I forgot your bias towards Monta Ellis guards

Celtics definitely have the better overall team (With Simmons out) no doubt. You guys have a top notch defense and two studs offensively. I know the safe pick is the Celtics, but KD is hell to deal with in the playoffs. A lot of close games coming down to the wire and I think the OGs pull more of them off than the Celtics will.

Should be a fun, competitive series regardless. 

Celtics in 7. That Nets rotation outside of KD and Kyrie is just so much worse than the Celtics'. No Harden like last year means they can't just overwhelm you with talent either, yeah KD/Kyrie is the better duo but Tatum/Brown really aren't a crazy amount behind. It'll be a good series though.