Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

The 49ers are going to run him into the ground ala McCaffrey. Use him up while he has fresh legs. No point of resigning him because he could start to break down in the next few years anyway. 

The 49ers seem very willing to sign him to an extension. They are just notoriously brutal negotiators and it seems like Deebo has no time for that mess LOL 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

If the 49ers do trade Deebo away I'd expect it to be to a team such as Jacksonville, Detroit, or [most likely] Houston, insisting on a 2023 1st round draft pick.  If so, they might [as well] include Jimmy Garoppolo in the package.

I doubt that they have any interest in a trade that would not help them in the immediate season. They are in a competitive window with a rookie QB contract. They shouldn't be moving off an all pro receiver for something that can't help them this year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I doubt that they have any interest in a trade that would not help them in the immediate season.

How about this one swiped from reddit

Hear me out:
GB offers the 49ers "A. Rodgers" straight up for Deebo, but when the time comes, we put Amari on the plane instead of Aaron.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

It would seem a weird move for Caserio coming from the Patriots and I know that a lot of people stopped taking McClain seriously during the Watson saga (and obviously now he's retired), but my understanding is that he is convinced they weren't looking at receiver

I personally think they are, but later on in the draft - all of this talk about Jameson Williams is just speculation based on pick 13 and a perceived need of what a team that needs everything will take.

If Williams is the BPA, I sort of get it - but positional value is just as important, and I’d personally say that edge and run stopping will supersede the need for WR. Guys like Jordan Davis and Jeremaine Johnson have greater positional value, so that alone would push them ahead of Williams (IMO).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Hear me out:
GB offers the 49ers "A. Rodgers" straight up for Deebo, but when the time comes, we put Amari on the plane instead of Aaron.

as a forum, we were really high on Amari last year....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

If the 49ers do trade Deebo away I'd expect it to be to a team such as Jacksonville, Detroit, or [most likely] Houston, insisting on a 2023 1st round draft pick.  If so, they might [as well] include Jimmy Garoppolo in the package.

Why would it be Houston? Curious as to your logic. Everything their FO is doing is leaning towards young players on rookie contracts, not players requiring top-of-market deals.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Hear me out:

Add one more reason to hate the Packers.... 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 9:51 AM, ET80 said:

I’m getting dizzy from this current Madden franchise. What’s next, Arizona moving to San Antonio or Washington moving to Toronto!?

Even with EA's notoriously crazy AI, franchises relocating in Madden is still exceedingly rare.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I really hope that Snead called them up and offered something, just so we can hear how quickly the Niners hung up.

Man Detroit NEEDS to do this. That would make their group of weapons and OL one of the better ones in the league.

Could we not accomplish something similar if we were to draft someone like Pickens, Dotson, C. Watson, etc. at #32 or #34 plus add another starter? 

I just feel like we already have Deebo Lite in ARSB in terms of what we do/can do with him and I believe we need more of a big body, jump ball/rz target guy to round out our WR corp. However, it is foolish to turn away adding talent to your roster at a reasonable cost. So I dunno.

17 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Amari Rodgers, WR out of Clemson

Oh, I'm aware. I'm merely making fun of a 30+ page thread in comparisons.

I lost many brain cells that day. The good ones, too.