2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

So I am looking at Boye Mafe.  Is the knock on him just age?  Because I am liking him so far, and in a rotation with Gary and Smith for the next couple of years, I wouldn't have any problem with that.  So what if he is 29 after his 5 years?  Just get a comp and draft the next one.  

And one year of production. I just don't like the idea of an older EDGE with little track record. Would 100% rather have George Karlaftis, Drake Jackson or Cameron Thomas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And one year of production. I just don't like the idea of an older EDGE with little track record. Would 100% rather have George Karlaftis, Drake Jackson or Cameron Thomas.

I didn't know he was a one year wonder.  IF we can get Drake Jackson in the second or third, like a lot of the sims, that is a super deal.  

My draft day pet peeve:

The team drafting first gets 10 minutes on the clock.  They've been on the clock for 4 months, if a trade hasn't happened by now, it isn't going to.  Make the choice.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

Feels like the Packers will only make one selection tonight.

Now, will it be due to trade up, trade down, or how about both?

Trade up from 22 with one of the 2nds and then trade down from 28 into the 2nd to recoup some value. That sounds about right.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Feels like the Packers will only make one selection tonight.

Now, will it be due to trade up, trade down, or how about both?

I don't think they will be parting with both 22 and 28 in the same deal, so perhaps one trade up and one trade down.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't think they will be parting with both 22 and 28 in the same deal, so perhaps one trade up and one trade down.  

Neither do I. And my edit matches what you're suggesting. Trade up from 22 and then trade back from 28.

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure I could think of a worse mock for us.

Is it mainly because of Watson? Because I tend to find Green intriguing if only because he'll provide 80% of the flexibility lost because Jenkins is currently injured and possibly when Jenkins is stuck into the Tackle spots and ultimately LT.