2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Have a hard time seeing a trade up for an offensive player in the first round.

Also don't see value reading up for IDL. So if we move up, I think it'd be for one of the CBs, Hamilton, or one of the top 3 EDGE guys.

I could see Hamilton if he slips a little.

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Depends on what you are willing to give up to move up .. they most definitely have the draft capital to acquire Olave if they want to.

Pretty much.  Nothing has shown me that Gute's interested in dealing his SRP to move up.  Not saying he won't, but history suggests otherwise.

Gotta watch out for those firsty firsties...

Calvin Austin
Kevin Austin
Terrel Bernard
Thomas Booker
Coby Bryant
Ty Chandler
Damone Clark
Snoop Conner
Jordan Davis
Nakobe Dean
Haskell Garrett
Kyler Gordon
Danny Gray
D'Marco Jackson
Drake Jackson
Kerby Joseph
Devin Lloyd
Abraham Lucas
James Mitchell
Max Mitchell
Evan Neal
Chris Paul
Alec Pierce
Sean Rhyan
Justyn Ross
Khalil Shakir
Cameron Thomas
Isaiah Thomas
Zachary Thomas
Zach Tom (yes there is a Zach Tom and a Zachary Thomas lol)
Cole Turner

Sure I forgot some as well lol

Just now, Green19 said:

Better question… if Green Bay drafts Chris Olave, do they give him 17? I believe he wore that number as a freshman.

Would they give that number away first year? 

Probably.  Davante is very good.  But we only have six retired numbers all-time.  He doesn't have the team yardage or TD record.  

41 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Still 4 and a half hours to go. 😬

I'll be fine at 5:15 when I'm having a beer and talking everyone's ear off about what might happen. But work right now sucks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Is it mainly because of Watson? Because I tend to find Green intriguing if only because he'll provide 80% of the flexibility lost because Jenkins is currently injured and possibly when Jenkins is stuck into the Tackle spots and ultimately LT.

I think if GB goes with a IOL in the first it’s Zion. Outside of that I think the only other oline guy they would consider in round 1 is Tyler Smith. I don’t know if Green fits GB as well as Smith and Zion.

Just now, Norm said:

I'll be fine at 5:15 when I'm having a beer and talking everyone's ear off about what might happen. But work right now sucks

lol I had the entire day to myself awaiting my test results for Covid so it's just dragging.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

How often has Gute drafted while holding two 1sts and two 2nds?

I mean, just because he's got "extra" draft picks doesn't mean he intents to consolidate them.  That's potentially four building blocks between them.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, just because he's got "extra" draft picks doesn't mean he intents to consolidate them.  That's potentially four building blocks between them.

He does have a tendency to maneuver though. That's why I think there's a good chance of both a trade up from 22 and a trade down from 28. The latter would get them right back to having two 2nds if they use one of their current 2nds in the former. 

30 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So I am looking at Boye Mafe.  Is the knock on him just age?  Because I am liking him so far, and in a rotation with Gary and Smith for the next couple of years, I wouldn't have any problem with that.  So what if he is 29 after his 5 years?  Just get a comp and draft the next one.  

And that he's a liability against the run.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

He does have a tendency to maneuver though. That's why I think there's a good chance of both a trade up from 22 and a trade down from 28. The latter would get them right back to having two 2nds if they use one of their current 2nds in the former. 

Who do you see as potential trade-up for though? I struggle to see it with WR, but Wilson or Williams wouldn't SHOCK me.

6 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

He does.  Thought the same a trade up at #22 and trade down at #28.  Not burn a 2nd though.  Think the most he would do is a 4th.  Slight trade up.  Trade down at #28 but not too far somewhere in the early 30's.  It would be for a WR he's targeting.  Personally I just hope he stays put and let's the board fall to him at #22.  Down with a trade back from #28 depending on who's available at that time.  A move like that might cost us a guy like Pickens though. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Agree, he will move if he feels a difference making player can be had. A move is possible anywhere from 6-20 for the right player tonight, should keep everyone on their toes watching.    

• Like 1