2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

I know they basically have to because it is given to them as “news” but boy is it rough to see beat writers and bloggers both acknowledge that the few weeks before the draft are “lying season” and then to credulously report every pre-draft “rumor” that comes across their plates 

• Like 4

So I feel like Gb needs to draft Matt Corral at 22 to motivate Jordan Love to be better.

This way it motivates Rodgers more in our playoff games. If he truly thinks Love can take his spot… maybe we might get regular season Rodgers in the post.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

It just makes me so sad to see the fans of perennial also-rans overplay their hands when said also-rans have a moment in the sun.

Y'all been irrelevant since Kobe outside of a bubble run and you're ****ed once LeBron leaves. You are an also-ran now, my guy. 

1 hour ago, Chili said:

That's even worse.

For once I would like to see the Packers to try and draft an instant starter. It's no fun having to wait 2-3 years for your high draft picks to begin contributing. 🤣

Besides WR, what starting position is possibly even open with GB?  Even with that, Lazard, Watkins and Cobb are your 3 starters, so you could ***** about this next year if GB drafts 2 WR in round 1

good teams don't have a ton of immediate starting spots needing to be filled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Besides WR, what starting position is possibly even open with GB?  Even with that, Lazard, Watkins and Cobb are your 3 starters, so you could ***** about this next year if GB drafts 2 WR in round 1

good teams don't have a ton of immediate starting spots needing to be filled.

That's just it. If a team is drafting for starters every year, they are probably not a very good team. The ideal is to be drafting starters for a year or two down the line. 

The following is a list of players I would be happy with and a list of players I would like to see the Packer's pass on. My choices do not reflect the GBP's paradigm when choosing players, these are just my preferences. Based on previous years Gute is more likely to take the players I dislike, so there's that, can't wait for tonight to arrive. I have excluded players that I believe we have no shot at taking unless a massive trade up which I am not interested in. 

Like:

Trent McDuffie CB, Cameron Thomas DE, Jordan Davis DT, Devonte Wyatt DT, Travis Jones DT, Eric Johnson DT, George Karlaftis Edge, Arnold Ebiketie Edge, Amare Barno Edge, Kenyon Greene G, Zion Johnson G, Luke Goedeke G, Sean Ryan G, Ed Ingram G, Devin Lloyd ILB, Chad Muma ILB, Troy Anderson ILB, Trevor Penning T, Bernhard Raimann T, Tyler Smith T, Jaquan Brisker S, Jalen Pitre S/slot, Bryan Cook S, Greg Dulcich TE, Jelani Woods TE, George Pickens WR, Sky Moore WR, Khalil Shakir WR/gadget, Calvin Austin III WR/PR/gadget, Romeo Doubs WR/PR

Dislike:

Andrew Booth CB, Jermaine Johnson II DE, King Enagbare DE, Perrion Winfrey DT, DeMarvin Leal, David Ojabo Edge, Boye Mafe Edge, Drake Jackson Edge, Quay Walker ILB, Nakobe Dean ILB, Daniel Faalele OT, Kyle Hamilton S, Daxton Hill S/slot, Lewis Cine S, Charlie Kolar TE, Chris Olave WR, Drake London WR, Christian Watson WR, Jahan Dotson WR, Tyquan Thornton WR.

11 hours ago, Norm said:

lololol there's some ******* in the draft section that thinks of he hypes Dotson too much "the scouts that get on here might see his posts and decide they need to go to bat for him to their GM"

HOLY **** LOL

wait.. so thats not whats happening?

• Like 1

So, one of my favorite jokes.

Department of Natural Resources got their fish biologists together and asked them to genetically engineer the best fish ever.

One biologist said, "Let's start with a coho.  Beautiful fish!!"  

Everyone agreed.

Next biologist said, "Let's add in some walleye DNA.  Nothing tastes better than walleye."

Everyone agreed.

Final biologist said, "Lets add in musky DNA.  Nothing fights harder than a musky!"

They were all on board.

After months of figuring it out, they had their perfect fish.  A Kowalski.  Now if they can only teach it how to swim.....

And that's Watson to me.  If he could only catch.....  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

With two less years on a rookie deal and proving...not much.

He's proved some things. After two years in the NFL he proved he can't make rudimentary reads, passes or throw with accuracy. He's also proved his awful Sr. season wasn't a fluke.

As dubious as it is, lets hope the light turns on in year three. 🥺

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

I know they basically have to because it is given to them as “news” but boy is it rough to see beat writers and bloggers both acknowledge that the few weeks before the draft are “lying season” and then to credulously report every pre-draft “rumor” that comes across their plates 

They're playing both sides so they always come out on top. 

• Like 1