2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, if JJ2 isn't a top 12 pick I'd be surprised.  But don't disagree about Drake Jackson possibly being above Karlaftis on our board.

If he fell to 22, I'd honestly not be surprised if we took Jackson over him. Like I said Jackson will be a 2 year vet by the time he's Johnson's age.

14 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Jordan Love rumors flying around today.  On FB so take it for what it's worth.  Love would be the highest graded QB in this class.  Hard not to argue that.  Anyway rumor is Atlanta is gunning after him and will do whatever it takes to get him.  Well sure I like the sound of that.  Give us #8 and you can have him.  Yah I know not going to happen.  Something we have all discussed around here is the possibility the Packers move on from Love.  Well either today or tomorrow if it's going to happen.  In my mind would want at least a mid to high 2 to get the conversation started.  Not sure what Gute and co feel his worth is.  Just something to watch that could really shake up our draft if it happens. 

Not saying something couldn't happe, but I think the guy at the source of that report is not reputable. 

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Of the day 1 risers, don't think we're going to be in on Quay Walker. Do think it's very likely we're one of the teams giving Drake Jackson round 1 smoke. Wouldn't be shocked at all if he's EDGE #4-5 of the Packers board ahead of Karlaftis and maybe JJ (because of age).

Seeing multiple mocks with GB taking a WR and him or another off the ball LB at 22 and 28. They must think GB is really read to make some changes in their first round draft positions.

Example:

Daniel Jeremiah 2022 NFL mock draft 4.0: Steelers, Lions select QBs; Cowboys pick WR

16 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Jordan Love rumors flying around today.  On FB so take it for what it's worth.  Love would be the highest graded QB in this class.  Hard not to argue that.  Anyway rumor is Atlanta is gunning after him and will do whatever it takes to get him.  Well sure I like the sound of that.  Give us #8 and you can have him.  Yah I know not going to happen.  Something we have all discussed around here is the possibility the Packers move on from Love.  Well either today or tomorrow if it's going to happen.  In my mind would want at least a mid to high 2 to get the conversation started.  Not sure what Gute and co feel his worth is.  Just something to watch that could really shake up our draft if it happens. 

Supposedly the Packers would want at least a 2nd round pick for him .. ATL holds #43.  If the Packers want to deal up to ATL's 8, Love could be a piece of that deal.  I wouldn't trade the guy unless he brought a really nice return.  

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Not saying something couldn't happe, but I think the guy at the source of that report is not reputable. 

Yah I don't think so either.  We've seen this offseason how desperate teams are for QB's. Pitt, Sea, Atl, and Car.  We might be undervaluing Love a bit.  Might get more than we think if he gets moved.  Would like to see Det take Willis at #2.  Get that QB ball rolling.  Seattle makes a lot of sense for a trade.  Something along the lines of Love and #28 for #9 overall.  We'll see kinda dropped the Love trade discussions after all of the QB movement.  Think there is still a very real chance he gets moved and that could shake up our draft. 

Just now, Norm said:

What kind of of rumors? Like that he's a reptilian?

Wisconsin sports heroics.  One of those crap sites like Heavy on Packers.  Along the lines of Arrigo.  They did quote a couple of guys who I never heard of.  Just got me thinking about it again.  Mentioned Charles Davis saying he'd be the top QB prospect in this draft.  He's also young 23.  bla bla bla...If Love had shown just a little bit more we could have really scored in a trade.  We still might as there is almost no tape on the guy.  He's an unknown just like the rooks in the draft.  I wouldn't be surprised if Gutey fields some calls about it today.  Especially if Det takes Willis at #2 or another team trades up top 5 to get him. 

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It would NEVER happen, but imagine a #22, #28, #59 and Jordan Love for #9, #40, and #41.

Ughhh that doesn't move the needle much for me.  Think I'd pass regardless of what the trade value chart says.  Maybe Love #22 #59 for #9 #40 #41.

Edited by Scoremore

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I've just got a massive feeling that we're taking Tyler Smith at 22, if we stay there. Enough that I just changed my A pick for #1 in the draft contest to him.

Tyler Smith or even Tyler Linderbaum at 22 and Daxton Hill or Lewis Cine at 28 is the vibe I'm getting today.

I'm getting a Logan Hall vibe too. Him, T. Smith and Cine. 

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Ughhh that doesn't move the needle much for me.  Think I'd pass regardless of what the trade value chart says.  Maybe Love #22 #59 for #9 #40 #41.

That would value Jordan Love as the 11th overall pick.  Really don't think he has that kind of value.

55 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Love ain’t it so we should get what we can for him tonight.