Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Jimmy and McGlinchey should net a 3rd each. Ebukam, Ward, and Omenihu should get us 5ths with a chance at a 4th for each. Gould and Azeez could get us 6ths or 7ths. And if a team is desperate enough, we could get 5th for Moseley. 

I wouldn't be shocked if we ended up with 5 or 6 comp picks with a couple of them 3rds and 4ths. 

The NFL caps the comp picks at 4 per team maximum, doesn't include special comp picks for diversity hirings.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Jimmy and McGlinchey should net a 3rd each. Ebukam, Ward, and Omenihu should get us 5ths with a chance at a 4th for each. Gould and Azeez could get us 6ths or 7ths. And if a team is desperate enough, we could get 5th for Moseley. 

I wouldn't be shocked if we ended up with 5 or 6 comp picks with a couple of them 3rds and 4ths. 

I wouldn't expect a third for McG. Last year there were only 2 third round comp picks awarded for players, the year before I think it was 4 or 5.  It wouldn't be surprising if he ends up with no better than the third best contract out of free agent tackles. Then you look around at other positions and he could easily get passed up by a guy like Hargrave who is expected to get a big contract. Jessie Bates is probably going to top the safety market. I would expect a 4th for McG that may be cancelled out by a free agent signing of our own. 

Honestly depending on how its structured it can be kinda similar to the Jimmy G deal where its mostly two franchise tags and then two more years where they can get out easier. Still a big deal but with NFL contracts its usually best to wait till the details come out to really judge it. 

But overall i really hope we never get in a position where we have to pay another average starter the money that is probably reasonable for average starters.

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's coming. 2 more years until they have to decide on what to do with Purdy

Even with the difference in team-strength, I feel like what Purdy showcased in those handful of starts was overall more impressive than what Jones has ever showcased. We've been here before (lol), and we won't know what Purdy looks like upon return, but at least he already has "has been" status. 

Jones doesn't even meet my personal threshold of average to me. Not even Plummer, Bulger, or Delhomme-level. I'd really struggle to watch games, and be hopeful if he was the 49ers triggerman. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

I always think it's rather comical seeing some fans saying stuff like "Lamar needs to stop being greedy and trying to cripple the team. Cant win a superbowl on your own. stop being selfish and take one for the team"

lol like those hypocrites would ever take a paycut for their job/boss. Lamar has played his entire career on a rookie contract. He already took one for the team and they failed to capitalize. That's on them. 

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Don’t worry, by that time he will have established himself as the next Touchdown Breesus!

Or he'll have missed enough time and they'll have drafted the new, cheap incarnation that can do a similar impression for a good enough chunk that they go with him.

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Or he'll have missed enough time and they'll have drafted the new, cheap incarnation that can do a similar impression for a good enough chunk that they go with him.

This time he will be UDFA, 5 cousins removed from Tom Brady. 

17 hours ago, Forge said:

Jimmy G definitely getting us a third round comp pick for next year. 

You love to see it. 

Doesn't the comp formula take into account playing time as well? We'll have to pray that Jimmy's annual injury happens later in the year. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Doesn't the comp formula take into account playing time as well? We'll have to pray that Jimmy's annual injury happens later in the year. 

Yes but not really. Like playing time is 10% at the highest so its more of a factor for the 6th/7th round comp picks than the early ones. If he gets anything above 20 APY its basically guaranteed. If its 15/18 mil APY it will be more interesting since he will need to play most snaps. 

Its basically all the APY's listed from high to low where the highest is a score around 1977 and the playing time adds max 100.

• Like 3