Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

Sources tell me that there is like a 1% chance he lands with the 49ers. He wants to play LT and will command a huge salary. 

It's me, I'm my source. 

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

Almost no chance, I would imagine. He wants a payday. 

I would be somewhat shocked if our starting RT isn't McKivitz next year. 

No, you're both right, but a Sooner alum and fan can dream, right?  Please? 😟

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Current QB market, folks 

UGLY. 1 decent year. Oh boy. Do we know how much is guaranteed? I hate guaranteed money in a contract.  You should only get all of the money if you can fulfill the contract. It seems like we're headed more and more toward the ridiculousness of the NBA. 

29 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I really hope we stay away from Frank Clark. Not only do I not like him as a person, I think he is super overrated.

I do think he is overrated based on what he has earned and likely to ask for, wouldn’t be worth it especially when there are more talented pass rushers available.

the (expected) list at this point is actually pretty amazing: Quinn, Clark, Mack, Graham, Davenport, Ngakoue, Key, Clowney, Engram, Houston, Floyd and Dupree.

while I’m not a fan of all these and some may be to pricey, we gotta have a good opportunity to grab one of these guys

The Packers/Rodgers situation the last few years just ended up horribly for the team. Didn't win a SB, gona probably get back mediocre trade value, and Love wasted 3 years of his rookie contract on the bench. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

The Packers/Rodgers situation the last few years just ended up horribly for the team. Didn't win a SB, gona probably get back mediocre trade value, and Love wasted 3 years of his rookie contract on the bench. 

His career mirroring Favre's is pretty amazing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, P_locniners said:

I do think he is overrated based on what he has earned and likely to ask for, wouldn’t be worth it especially when there are more talented pass rushers available.

the (expected) list at this point is actually pretty amazing: Quinn, Clark, Mack, Graham, Davenport, Ngakoue, Key, Clowney, Engram, Houston, Floyd and Dupree.

while I’m not a fan of all these and some may be to pricey, we gotta have a good opportunity to grab one of these guys

I feel like Zach Allen is getting slept on. He seems like a typical Shanny/Lynch FA pick.