Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

The Packers/Rodgers situation the last few years just ended up horribly for the team. Didn't win a SB, gona probably get back mediocre trade value, and Love wasted 3 years of his rookie contract on the bench. 

And they have to decide on his 5th yr option this year, if they trade Rodgers, they HAVE to pick it up IMO, despite not knowing what they have in Love.

5 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Next stop is Minnesota and losing to Derek Carr in the NFC Championship after Shanny finally brings Kirk here

We'll be too busy juggling a bunch of cheap rookies for Kirk I think, lol. I think that Shanny has now had a taste of both 4th round Kirk on a rookie contract and Brock on a rookie contract and will just try to roll into the new version every year until he gets one actually worth a major contract. That way, Shanahan can keep the rest of the roster really good and rely on his own playcalling to mitigate the risk associated with that kind of endeavor. 

I watched Cohn/Krueger podcast last night 🫣 and they had mentioned that we are heavily interested in Jessie Bates. I would definitely like the pickup, but I would imagine we won’t bring back Gipson then. Let the rumors commence!  

I would like a stout vet on the oline unless we feel like McKivitz is our guy? 

10 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I watched Cohn/Krueger podcast last night 🫣 and they had mentioned that we are heavily interested in Jessie Bates. I would definitely like the pickup, but I would imagine we won’t bring back Gipson then. Let the rumors commence!  

I would like a stout vet on the oline unless we feel like McKivitz is our guy? 

If Gibson is cool with it, I'd love to have him back as the 3rd safety. Bates and Huf as the starters and Gibson the first off the bench for either guy followed by a rookie and Odum. That would be the ideal scenario to me. 

10 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

he's always been a LT right? although his play this year wasn't all that great from what I can remember.

According to PFF, he wasn't bad at pass blocking. His numbers are pretty inline with previous seasons. He actually gave up the fewest pressures of his career this year. 

But, PFF also gave him a 40 for his run blocking, which is by far the worst of his career. I'm not a true believer when it comes to PFF grades, so I take it with a big grain of salt, but if his run blocking was that bad then I can't see the 49ers seriously entertaining him. 

If there is a reason for his fall off in run blocking and the 49ers feel they can correct it, then I'm 100% onboard with bringing him in as a RT, assuming he's open to that.

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Doubt it honestly. Think Ravens will match it unless absolutely impossible to fit under the cap or being a pretty insane deal.

You're probably right, but all it takes is one owner willing to offer that fully guaranteed deal

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

You're probably right, but all it takes is one owner willing to offer that fully guaranteed deal

Even then i think if it isn't too crazy in money they will match it. I honestly feel this is them saying we think you are worth this, you think you are worth that lets see what other teams say you are worth.

• Like 1