Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

13 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I just saw a tweet about his medical concerns. Apparently a lot of teams completely removed him from their boards due to it. 

Yeah, I mean we knew this has been an issue for well over a year. I thought the fact that he got back onto the field might have qwelled some of those concerns, although he did mess his foot up this year too. 

10 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I remember some Raider fans saying Ferrell was better than Bosa LMAO, a failure indeed.

There was an unreasonable amount of Bosa hate when he came out. It was very obvious to me that he was going to be a stud. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

There was an unreasonable amount of Bosa hate when he came out. It was very obvious to me that he was going to be a stud. 

Yup! I was zeroed in on him since the Draft before, hoping we might be able to grab him....lo and behold! Jimmy G makes it possible with his freak ACL injury. Never have I ever been grateful (not trying to be mean!) for such a circumstance! If not for that, we would not have been close enough to take him. 

Weird, huh?

13 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Can we throw them a bone?

5th year options for OL are for tackle money. So, this isnt a big surprise and doesnt mean they won't re-sign him. It was the same thing that happened with Laken tomlinson. 

If the honey badger signs for ~10m for 1-2 seasons, I'm going to be so pissed.

Garoppolo being on the roster didn't affect our plans at first, but he clearly is now 

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

If the honey badger signs for ~10m for 1-2 seasons, I'm going to be so pissed.

Garoppolo being on the roster didn't affect our plans at first, but he clearly is now 

RAGE 

I get that Tyrann is from NO, but damn. That should have been us 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Lame. Hopkins is on my fantasy team. Hopefully we play our Cardinals games early in the season. 

We play them in Mexico in late November. 

I doubt we play them the first 6 weeks at home because the niners typically open the season with more road games because it's too damn hot at Levi's until about the end of October 

52 minutes ago, N4L said:

5th year options for OL are for tackle money. So, this isnt a big surprise and doesnt mean they won't re-sign him. It was the same thing that happened with Laken tomlinson. 

Yeah, and he has been bad. If Mack is going to retire and we threw a 6th at him if they were going another direction, I wouldn't hate it though. He may be a good enough starter for a year in that situation.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, N4L said:

We play them in Mexico in late November. 

I doubt we play them the first 6 weeks at home because the niners typically open the season with more road games because it's too damn hot at Levi's until about the end of October 

I didn't know that was announced yet. I know that there was talk about us being their opponent, but hadn't seen it confirmed anywhere. 

Edited by GW21

17 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I didn't know that was announced yet. I know that there was talk about us being there opponent, but hadn't seen it confirmed anywhere. 

It hasn't been announced officially, but there is enough smoke that we can say it is happening. 

Barrows said something like "no official word yet, but 49ers fans should plan on a game in Mexico in late November....." in response to a video of Warner shouting out 49ers fans in Mexico (Literally had the ..... at the end)