Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Dang Tua is hurt. He was playing well for the Dolphins.

Head injury apparently.. I've been out on him in fantasy bc of that injury history. I'd really like to see him get past it though, we need more lefties!

• Like 1

So far the Eagles look like the best team in the NFC. Bucs & Packers can't be counted out with Rodgers & Brady. Lions look surprisingly competitive. 

Everyone else in the NFC looks shaky/inconsistent. 

Not sure where to place our Niners just yet. Maybe the 2nd best team behind the Eagles if we can stay healthy. But the NFC is wide open.

1 hour ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Is anyone other than Trevor Lawrence going to emerge from the 2021 QB class?

Justin Fields is a horrible decision maker. 

Lance and Wilson can't stay healthy.

Mac Jones looks like backup QB.

Mac Jones is a starter. He's as good as his team / staff around him. He'll be a functional NFL starter who you don't really want to give a second contract too. 

Trevor looks good. 

As soon as Fields was drafted by the Bears that took away a good chunk of whatever odds he had to be a good starter. He and Wilson have looked bad (and the latter can't stay healthy) , but the sample size is still somewhat small. I'd be more bullish on Wilson getting right just because of the team around him. It's not great, but it's miles better than what the Bears are throwing out there. 

Wouldn't hold my breath on Lance. The team around him may make him functionally good, but I'm not sure about anything else at this point. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Did you watch that game? He made a couple mistakes but he is definitely better than quite a few other QBs being trotted out there

The INT to the LBer was just a bad decision, for sure. But the INT in tbe back of the end zone could have been 6 if Parker doesn't get tangled up

Edited by adamq

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

So far the Eagles look like the best team in the NFC. Bucs & Packers can't be counted out with Rodgers & Brady. Lions look surprisingly competitive. 

Everyone else in the NFC looks shaky/inconsistent. 

Not sure where to place our Niners just yet. Maybe the 2nd best team behind the Eagles if we can stay healthy. But the NFC is wide open.

We could be as good as 2, though I have no reason to put us over the Rams as of yet, or we could be as low as 5th, I think (maybe 6th if an unexpected team kicks up) . The Bucs will eventually get somewhat healthy, I assume, and if they are healthy, they are a better team. They are built like the 49ers, but they have Brady rather than Jimmy lol 

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

The INT to the LBer was just a bad decision, for sure. But the INT in tbe back of the end zone could have been 6 if Parker doesn't get tangled up

The thing is, he throws a ton of INTs and people don't really think about it. He had 3 today. In his career, he's now at 18 in 20 regular season games, 20 in 21 if you include the playoffs. 12 in his last 8 if you include the playoffs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Is anyone other than Trevor Lawrence going to emerge from the 2021 QB class?

Justin Fields is a horrible decision maker. 

Lance and Wilson can't stay healthy.

Lawrence, Jones and Mills will be starters their whole careers with Lawrence being a game changer. Wilson and Fields will bust. Lance, I don’t know but don’t think with my Niners love I can even judge fairly. Don’t know how much is wishful thinking and how much is talent evaluation, but I’ll say I was not optimistic when we drafted him and maybe because I have to believe, I’ve felt a little better since. Probably more so from what I’ve read than what I’ve seen. 

Side note, while typing this, good lord Herbert is good. I know different draft class but I remember the year before he came out there a lot of mocks of him coming to us, then he went back to school. 😢

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Lawrence, Jones and Mills will be starters their whole careers with Lawrence being a game changer. Wilson and Fields will bust. Lance, I don’t know but don’t think with my Niners love I can even judge fairly. Don’t know how much is wishful thinking and how much is talent evaluation, but I’ll say I was not optimistic when we drafted him and maybe because I have to believe, I’ve felt a little better since. Probably more so from what I’ve read than what I’ve seen. 

Side note, while typing this, good lord Herbert is good. I know different draft class but I remember the year before he came out there a lot of mocks of him coming to us, then he went back to school. 😢

Hard for me to pass judgment on Mills yet. He's at least a good backup in my opinion, he may ultimately end up passing Mac at some point as well. 

That the niners (or at least Shanny) don't appear to have complete faith in Trey is a bit of a flag. The inexperience is a real concern. Really hard to know what is going on there or pass any sort of judgment because the early going was always going to be rough and now you have to wonder if he's running out of runway. The team is probably just going to have to commit to picking up his option next year regardless of what he looks like. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Where is this coming from? All the “reports” or something else?

Mostly the reports. I think you can look at the actions of the team and definitely consider them to be hedging their bets a bit or adding some support to the reports. Like, I don't think that Shanny trusts lance throwing the ball right now at all, which is mostly taken from camp reports. Lance simply isn't good at short and intermediate passing right now.