Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

6 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Niners replacements have stepped up this season. Banks for Tomlinson, Kinlaw/Givens for DJ Jones, Jackson for Ford, Womack/Lenoir for K'Waun Williams, Hufanga for Tartt. Even Brendel, Burford, Gipson etc have been doing well 

Glad you said Banks, that man has been arguably our second best OL behind Williams. He's legitimately been GOOD. 

It's funny that we lost and I had no feelings at all lol. Like I wasn't even mad or upset. We lost and it was just that. Obviously a big reason for that is Lance being being hurt and knowing what we have in Jimmy and knowing how the team will end the season even if we make the playoffs. It is what it is. 

@Forge Interesting, but Womack's coverage has been so good it was still surprising. But run defense is big for a nickel in this defense. I wonder if Sherman talks weekly with our coaching staff and gets all this intel? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Rashawn Slater ruptured Bicep, out for the year. 

Bosa has a groin injury

JC Jackson has an ankle injury

I think their Linsley is also hurt.

Oh yeah, Herbert is also banged up.

Unfortunately, this is what happens to the Chargers every single year.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bosa has a groin injury

JC Jackson has an ankle injury

I think their Linsley is also hurt.

Oh yeah, Herbert is also banged up.

Unfortunately, this is what happens to the Chargers every single year.

I hope they all heal up…. The week after we play them.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Psychlone said:

I would like to say this MNF game is brutal but after last night and as a Niner fan, I believe I have lost that privilege lol.

The Manning cast is making it even worse.. normally I enjoy it but these guests are 🥱

Alright, so anyone now think Tua just had a back problem last week? Fact he was playing 4 days after a bad concussion was terrible. Concussion on top of a concussion is really bad. That could be some permanent damage. 

He didn’t even hit hard today. Clearly already had a problem that just a slight hit to the head was going to exacerbate. Scary seeing that. His season may be over, and even if not, long term could be even worse. 

7 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Alright, so anyone now think Tua just had a back problem last week? Fact he was playing 4 days after a bad concussion was terrible. Concussion on top of a concussion is really bad. That could be some permanent damage. 

He didn’t even hit hard today. Clearly already had a problem that just a slight hit to the head was going to exacerbate. Scary seeing that. His season may be over, and even if not, long term could be even worse. 

To me that was 100% a concussion last week. I think he insisted on coming back in, and the back story was just an attempt to appease the media.

On another note, that TD to Edmonds was a great play. Teddy did a masterful job of selling the fake

Sucks to see what happened to Tua. I don't know when he'll next take the field, but I was really looking forward to him popping off in that offense. He looked pretty good three games in. 

Also, the lynch mob is already after Mike McDaniel's head in the aftermath of Tua's injury, despite the 3-0 start when he was essentially being declared "king of the hill" by many people. Especially in 49ers-tribe. 

The only silver lining from this incident will be more pressure on the NFL. Even if Tua's injury is an outlier on TNF, it's a terrible look. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2