Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Sucks to see what happened to Tua. I don't know when he'll next take the field, but I was really looking forward to him popping off in that offense. He looked pretty good three games in. 

Also, the lynch mob is already after Mike McDaniel's head in the aftermath of Tua's injury, despite the 3-0 start when he was essentially being declared "king of the hill" by many people. Especially in 49ers-tribe. 

The only silver lining from this incident will be more pressure on the NFL. Even if Tua's injury is an outlier on TNF, it's a terrible look. 

People love to get their outrage/white knighting going on. Regardless of whether or not Tua had a concussion last week I guarantee he pushed to be involved in the game and there is no way that he didn't pass the protocols with how they were scrutinizing it after last week. 

It is a little odd how the different leagues treat concussions though, both Jonathan Toews and Sidney Crosby lost basically a year after having a concussion in the NHL. Though maybe that has something to do with the speed of being on skates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

People love to get their outrage/white knighting going on. Regardless of whether or not Tua had a concussion last week I guarantee he pushed to be involved in the game and there is no way that he didn't pass the protocols with how they were scrutinizing it after last week. 

It is a little odd how the different leagues treat concussions though, both Jonathan Toews and Sidney Crosby lost basically a year after having a concussion in the NHL. Though maybe that has something to do with the speed of being on skates.

I was just talking about this too. Landeskog also missed significant time due to a concussion early in his career and Bo Byram this last season.

Baseball players miss months sometimes with concussions. I get it though, if you can't see perfectly you definitely can't hit a baseball in the big leagues 

I do feel bad for Mike McDaniel though. If the doctors clear a player, it's kind of tough to step in and say no, he's not playing. 

People are acting like he doesn't care about his players, which is flatly not true. 

• Like 4

Lions were 1-1 and driving in Vikings territory with a 3 point lead....then Campbell went for a 54 yard FG, they missed, Vikings drive down for a TD and win. Then they give up 48 to the Seahawks and are now 1-3

Thought they could be a potential WC team but they're going to have a tough time now

Cowboys, Eagles, Packers, Vikings, Bucs, Rams look like the NFC contenders. 49ers could be the 7th team. I know Giants are 3-1 but don't think they're legit. 

9 minutes ago, adamq said:

I do not want any part of Philly in the playoffs. Tampa is probably the only NFC team I'd put ahead of them right now

I'm not really worried about it. 

We have to make the playoffs first and I wouldn't pick us to win over most of the teams that did make it if we are being honest lol 

• Like 3

It's a shame that the 49ers didn't nab James Robinson after the 2020 draft as a free agent. Yeah the 49ers got Gumbo a year later in the 6th, and who knows if he still becomes a 49er if Robinson is around, but seeing as how the 49ers only had 5 draft selections it would have been good stock. Especially how frequently Shanahan picks up runners, and seems to go through them. Anyway, crazy how he didn't get drafted. 

Javante Williams would have been solid too, but he was taken before the 49ers got their 2nd round selection in. Even with Trey Sermon, missing out on Javante was more bearable. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Buffalo Bills*

They aren't healthy, so that's a no for me. 

But they are probably better when fully healthy. 

I know they lost a safety for the year. When is everyone else due back?