Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

57 minutes ago, adamq said:

SF doesn't make much sense to me either, unless they plan to trade Lance. Then bring in Brady to tutor Purdy for a year.. but I don't know how to feel about that right now. Probably a no because of the cap & young guys need reps more than anything. Brady does still got it, though.. Not his fault they backed into the playoffs

No reason to do that. Purdy looks like he can keep the machine running. 

If this team trades Lance, my assumption would be that they bring in Andy Dalton, Sam Darnold...someone like that to serve as the backup. Honestly, I'd put in a call to the Texans and see if they have interest in moving Davis Mills. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I'd put in a call to the Texans and see if they have interest in moving Davis Mills. 

If Purdy’s the guy, I want a vet. Someone who can help him with film, how to prepare, etc. I like some of the other guys you mentioned like Dalton. Some former starter. 

18 minutes ago, straighthate said:

If Purdy’s the guy, I want a vet. Someone who can help him with film, how to prepare, etc. I like some of the other guys you mentioned like Dalton. Some former starter. 

While I wouldnt hate the idea of bringing in a veteran, I dont think it’s that necessary because we have B. Griese. That was one of the big reasons for his hiring, has played at a high level in the same/similar system.

we are rolling into next season with Trey and Purdy…..I wouldn’t expect them to shell out the money for a veteran that is gonna cost a chunk of money. I don’t think Dalton will wanna be #3 either

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

While I wouldnt hate the idea of bringing in a veteran, I dont think it’s that necessary because we have B. Griese. That was one of the big reasons for his hiring, has played at a high level in the same/similar system.

we are rolling into next season with Trey and Purdy…..I wouldn’t expect them to shell out the money for a veteran that is gonna cost a chunk of money. I don’t think Dalton will wanna be #3 either

Def not for a #3. I’m talking if we trade Lance. 

10 minutes ago, straighthate said:

McDaniel, how in God’s name do you not have a play ready for 4th and inches 

Not much of a genius that some fans tried to make him out to be, some saying he was the brains behind the 49ers offense, not Kyle lmao.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I'd rather have Brock & Trey in 2023 than Brock & a vet who's taking up at least $5M in cap room, when we could use that on a Charles Omenihu.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think good kirk showed up today. 

If that is the case, I think the Vikings win this comfortably. 

Ugh I don’t know, NYG are playing good ball. I think it will be some back and forth. Personally I think NYG should be able to beat them (and will 😉

Just now, StevenK said:

Ugh I don’t know, NYG are playing good ball. I think it will be some back and forth. Personally I think NYG should be able to beat them (and will 😉

I can't believe how bad this Vikings defense is. Holy moly. It may not matter if Kirk is having one of his good days