Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Giants played Eagles a lot tougher 2nd time around. Hurts is playing hurt. Lane Johnson is also hurt

Upset alert?

Division games can also be funny. I think Dallas would have had a better shot at it, but I think the Giants have a better shot at winning that game than Tampa does, tbh 

I enjoyed the close game. I didn't much care who won, but was thinking it better that NYG wins so that we play the winner of tomorrow night. Prefer to play TB again, thinking a less mobile QB is a better matchup.. but what do I know.... We can beat anyone in the NFC if we stop hindering ourselves. Now the Bills or Chiefs, eh...... 

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

The team is better this year than last year and that game last year shouldn't have been nearly as close as it was. 

Kyle will draw something up for Parsons...I already know Aiyuk can cook Diggs (though Diggs is better this year than last year imo). Dallas can be run on as well. 

Still comes down to how our OL holds up against that DL. Shanny will be in his bag like always but Purdy isn't going to be able to do some of the things he likes to do against that front. And then can Omenihu or someone step up aside from Bosa? 

Deebo is going to have another big game. He's rested and healthy and Shanny is going to feature him early and often. 

Stopping Pollard is not going to be easy. That's a new element compared to last season. 

Should be a good one but pull away in the 2nd half again. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

Depends on a couple of different factors when it comes to trading Lance 

1) What is being offered

2) where are Kyle and John in terms of their starter next year (I don't know how much consideration they have really given it, tbh). 

If Kyle and John are all in on Purdy already moving forward, you have to listen to offers and take a real one if presented. I don't think a real one would come up...I think @JIllg said the value is probably in line with Sam Darnold, and I may agree with that, but I would 100% want more than that to move Lance.  

Even if there is a QB competition, I don't think Lance would win. I want to give him the chance to win that job , and I'm not all in on Purdy, but I can't deny that even if I don't trust Purdy to be "the guy" if he were making big money, that's not really a problem I have for 4 more years. He's running one of the highest scoring offenses in the league right now. So if Houston offers something like pick 12, or Tampa is offering pick 19...I'm thinking about it. 

I'm only speaking to my personal opinion, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the roster doesn't want Lance to win. They know they are winning with Purdy. The 49ers window is now, and it's good for 2-3 years. Deebo, CMC, Kittle, Trent...3 years. It's time to put this together now. These guys probably aren't going to want to suffer the ups and downs of someone who has yet to throw 1000 passes the last 9 years dating back to high school.

If Purdy is your guy, or if Trey can't win that job, you can't pick up the option after next year either. So at that point, it's two years left, one of which will be spent as a backup. If someone is offering you a first or something, you can't just sit on a first round pick equivalent and not use it when you're in this competitive window. You just can't. And I can't be afraid of injuries all the time.

Can't trade him pre June 1, they'd lose over $1M, which isn't much, but no way will the team waste cap room IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Can't trade him pre June 1, they'd lose over $1M, which isn't much, but no way will the team waste cap room IMO.

I don't think that they'd have any issue being under water 1 - 2 million if they get a deal that they want. 

• Like 1

This has been a great weekend of football so far. Chargers-Jaguars, Dolphins-Bills, & Giants-Vikings were all thrillers. 

49ers-Seahawks was uncomfortably close for a while too which is good for neutral fans. For us 49er fans, it felt great to finally pull away in the 4th. 

Bucs-Cowboys should be another good game tomorrow. Switching my pick to the Cowboys. They're just better overall. But i think it'll be a close game 

I think the Bengals will pull away soon against the Ravens though. 

• Like 2

Yeah I don’t know who I prefer, it’s ultimately pick your poison.

Dallas has Dak throwing a least 1 pick a game, but I would imagine they will clean it up for playoffs. Def front 7 is good at getting pressure and against a rookie qb. 

TB is getting healthier and Brady is starting to get in rhythm with Evans finally. Plus it’s still Brady, but at least we don’t have to worry about him gashing us. Vita Vea was injured last time and clearly was missed, but he will disrupt our run game and “possibly” make us one sided. 

I don’t think Dallas is going to beat Tampa, soooo Brady it is. Thankfully their oline still isn’t that great, so we should be able to get a great amount of pressure. 

• Like 1

Not thrilled about the Giants pulling off that W. I think Dallas wins tonight, and I would have preferred Minnesota over Dallas in the next round. Doesn't hurt that the Boys would have given Philly a run for their money too

• Like 3