Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I do not want to play NYG, I know it would take the NFC Championship, but Danny Jones runs too much! 

Jones scrambling so much, would be so tough to contain

I wonder if he'll break the single game rushing record for a QB lol. 72 rushing yards so far

• Like 1

I feel like I just want Minnesota to win this. They would be very annoying and I don't imagine the defense would play super well against them, but I really do think that they would have to score 35+ in order to win and I'm not sure the defense would be that bad for them to do it. I just don't know how the Minnesota defense stops the 49ers offense from scoring 31 or 34 unless we settle for a ton of field goals 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like I just want Minnesota to win this. They would be very annoying and I don't imagine the defense would play super well against them, but I really do think that they would have to score 35+ in order to win and I'm not sure the defense would be that bad for them to do it. I just don't know how the Minnesota defense stops the 49ers offense from scoring 31 or 34 unless we settle for a ton of field goals 

We wouldn’t stop you from scoring 40. If we actually go play SF, it’s going to be a massacre, unless O’ Connell stops getting cute, and our offense just ignores our defense’s shortcomings.  SF is good at every level. Really good. 

I wouldn’t even tune in for that matchup. 

2 hours ago, straighthate said:

Def not for a #3. I’m talking if we trade Lance. 

I don’t think there would be any logical reason to trade Lance, we still have him for 2-3 years, his value probably isn’t at its highest right now and I would rather keep him and see what he can do….even if it is backing up Purdy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 49erscap said:

I'd rather have Brock & Trey in 2023 than Brock & a vet who's taking up at least $5M in cap room, when we could use that on a Charles Omenihu.

Why pay Omenihu 5 mil when we can go out and get two vets for that same price and get the same type of production?

I really like Omenihu but there will be vets lined up ready to play on the other side of Nicky B. for one year and look to cash in 2024.

We'll always be able to find those inexpensive vets that will take a prove it deal to come here and shine for a year. 

And NO ONE should be thinking about moving Trey. That's not even remotely smart at this juncture.

Depends on a couple of different factors when it comes to trading Lance 

1) What is being offered

2) where are Kyle and John in terms of their starter next year (I don't know how much consideration they have really given it, tbh). 

If Kyle and John are all in on Purdy already moving forward, you have to listen to offers and take a real one if presented. I don't think a real one would come up...I think @JIllg said the value is probably in line with Sam Darnold, and I may agree with that, but I would 100% want more than that to move Lance.  

Even if there is a QB competition, I don't think Lance would win. I want to give him the chance to win that job , and I'm not all in on Purdy, but I can't deny that even if I don't trust Purdy to be "the guy" if he were making big money, that's not really a problem I have for 4 more years. He's running one of the highest scoring offenses in the league right now. So if Houston offers something like pick 12, or Tampa is offering pick 19...I'm thinking about it. 

I'm only speaking to my personal opinion, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the roster doesn't want Lance to win. They know they are winning with Purdy. The 49ers window is now, and it's good for 2-3 years. Deebo, CMC, Kittle, Trent...3 years. It's time to put this together now. These guys probably aren't going to want to suffer the ups and downs of someone who has yet to throw 1000 passes the last 9 years dating back to high school.

If Purdy is your guy, or if Trey can't win that job, you can't pick up the option after next year either. So at that point, it's two years left, one of which will be spent as a backup. If someone is offering you a first or something, you can't just sit on a first round pick equivalent and not use it when you're in this competitive window. You just can't. And I can't be afraid of injuries all the time.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Playing Sunday now vs the winner of tomorrow's game. 

And Kirk putting up good stats but….. yeah lol

I'm annoyed if this is Dallas lol

But i suppose we need a game like that too. Can't avoid everyone 

Just now, Forge said:

I'm annoyed if this is Dallas lol

But i suppose we need a game like that too. Can't avoid everyone 

It's okay, no need to play that game. Take who we get. Not supposed to be easy. 

Dallas will be tough but we should be able to pull it off. 

• Like 2

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's okay, no need to play that game. Take who we get. Not supposed to be easy. 

Dallas will be tough but we should be able to pull it off. 

The team is better this year than last year and that game last year shouldn't have been nearly as close as it was. 

Kyle will draw something up for Parsons...I already know Aiyuk can cook Diggs (though Diggs is better this year than last year imo). Dallas can be run on as well. 

• Like 2