2019 Fifth Year option tracker

Forge

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I understand your point here but nobody outside of Ravens fans have ever heard of these guys and that's a big problem for Lamar.

why is it a problem for Lamar if non Ravens fans have heard of these players?  Does non Ravens fans not knowing about these players subsequently make them bad players?

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I understand your point here but nobody outside of Ravens fans have ever heard of these guys and that's a big problem for Lamar.

If you have not heard of Devin Duvernay, that's a YOU problem tbh. I understand not knowing about James Proche but Duvernay is pretty well established on our team as a return Pro Bowler and #3 WR. 

Additionally, the Ravens will undoubtedly look to add a WR today and then probably also add another vet in FA.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

why is it a problem for Lamar if non Ravens fans have heard of these players?  Does non Ravens fans not knowing about these players subsequently make them bad players?

Precisely.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

Woof. 

What a brutal draft by the Raiders. 

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It is SO hard to whiff on 3 first-round picks, but my goodness Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden accomplished that. It's almost so bad it's impressive.

Granted - Josh Jacobs has been productive when healthy but the other two guys....wow.

• Like 2

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It is SO hard to whiff on 3 first-round picks, but my goodness Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden accomplished that. It's almost so bad it's impressive.

Granted - Josh Jacobs has been productive when healthy but the other two guys....wow.

Jacobs is alright but limited when healthy, and the kicker is he's almost never healthy. Even our GDT's are full of observations about guys like Booker or even Barber being arguably as effective as Jacobs has ever been in their limited snaps. He's probably bound for a backup role somewhere if he doesn't have a big year this year. He's not woefully untalented, but injuries and an already limited skill set just don't make for a franchise back. 

Ferrell was a trash pick. Absolute whiff defended by "scheme fit". Terrible pick. 

Abram will get other chances, but boy is he atrocious as a S. His coverage is non-existent, he goes off script in the dumbest of ways, and he's a liability- he hurts himself, draws flags, hurts teammates. It's a bit unfortunate because 20-30 years ago, he's probably considered a menace on the field and highly regarded. But it's 2022 and his game just doesn't translate. 

One of the worst 1st rounds in memory given the number of picks, made only worse by what we did the following year with Ruggs and Arnette. 

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Jacobs is alright but limited when healthy, and the kicker is he's almost never healthy. Even our GDT's are full of observations about guys like Booker or even Barber being arguably as effective as Jacobs has ever been in their limited snaps. He's probably bound for a backup role somewhere if he doesn't have a big year this year. He's not woefully untalented, but injuries and an already limited skill set just don't make for a franchise back. 

Ferrell was a trash pick. Absolute whiff defended by "scheme fit". Terrible pick. 

Abram will get other chances, but boy is he atrocious as a S. His coverage is non-existent, he goes off script in the dumbest of ways, and he's a liability- he hurts himself, draws flags, hurts teammates. It's a bit unfortunate because 20-30 years ago, he's probably considered a menace on the field and highly regarded. But it's 2022 and his game just doesn't translate. 

One of the worst 1st rounds in memory given the number of picks, made only worse by what we did the following year with Ruggs and Arnette. 

Those 5 picks alone set the Raiders back probably an entire decade to be honest. How you miss on FIVE STRAIGHT 1st round picks in 2 drafts is beyond me.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you have not heard of Devin Duvernay, that's a YOU problem tbh. I understand not knowing about James Proche but Duvernay is pretty well established on our team as a return Pro Bowler and #3 WR. 

Additionally, the Ravens will undoubtedly look to add a WR today and then probably also add another vet in FA.

Nobody knows him as a WR. Nobody. I have never heard anyone say damn "Duvernay is such a great receiver, did you see that game he had?. Never. And neither have you.

The point is, Andrews is the only note worthy option for Lamar. Bateman is unproven and if you think Duvernay and Proche are good options as a 2 and 3 then you are a blatant homer.