2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

Hall is obviously talented but I don't like the idea of taking a RB with what is nearly a first round pick. Especially given he has 800 touches already and this is not really a team ready to make luxury picks. I’d rather just grab a day 1 starter on defense at 38 and take a RB tomorrow. 

Edited by NewAge

9 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Damn

3be8abd0-aaff-4fb6-9d9f-a97ab198cd3c.jpe

Man I was so worried we were not going to fill EDGE or WR and ended up getting both and the #1 Corner. A lot of luck was involved(Texans going Stingley), Receiver run starting with our pick and Johnson falling but it's about time luck started falling our way. 

• Like 1

Just now, Abe56 said:

Damn

3be8abd0-aaff-4fb6-9d9f-a97ab198cd3c.jpe

Who would believe three months ago we would end up with three first round picks. and all those picks would be rated in the best eleven players in the draft. If we hit on our second round pick this would be a historic draft in our history. Now you see why I hate Mock draft, no Mock draft came close to the great job Douglas did.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Still not a fan of the Sauce pick… but since we went Wilson and JJ after… it makes the pick not bad at all. The main thing with Sauce was why are we ignoring WR and DE for a CB. And since we drafted those 2 spots in Round 1… it makes the pick good.

FYI…. How is Booth still available?

There was no WR or DE worth that spot. You might say KT but most teams had KT in the top 15-20. Gardner was #1 overall in a lot of draft boards. Bobby I don't think you realize how special Gardner can be. Then you add that CB is becoming the new norm to have 2 or 3 good CB to cover these guys. Gardner is 6' 3" and 190 pounds and has run a sub 4.4 before. He is not Ramsey his potential is higher than that. He is on Revis level with his tackling and cover skills. Now picture Revis 3 inches taller what he could have done. You don't pass on a guy like this for what is on the board. These DE beside Hutch are 6-8 sack guys. WR is very deep at the top. You had 3 great WR so you knew 1 was going to be there. These DE/Edge guys are overhyped because of Walkers combine numbers and Hutch himself. I just have a feeling Bobby you will be very happy with him from a year from now. Gardner will be the best CB in the league by year 2 heck if he hits it right might be the best CB by the end of his rookie year. This is how great he can be. I believe if the CB can lockdown the WR for an extra second those edge guys have more time to get there. The NFL will start to turn this why. I'm happy the Jets are doing this because the Jets seem to always be the last ones to get the flow of the NFL. You have to stay ahead of the curve. 

On a side note BB and the Strong pick is not that good. The Pats are slowly falling apart. BB has 2 years left I feel. I've always felt that after the 23 season he will get done. His style of hard nose is coming to and end with this generation of players. 

3 hours ago, NewAge said:

Really the only non-premium position player Douglas has drafted in the first is AVT. Same holds for the second round though that might change tonight if they go S or LB in the second. 

IOL is only non-premium if you don’t need one.  We saw first hand what happens when you do.

What? You guys had nothing to do today? lol.

Anyways, I would have much better sleep tonight if Jets somewhat managed to scoop Jalen Pitre, Troy Andersen and/or Cameron Jurgens tonight.

Have a fun tonight.

Edited by JetsandI