2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

I was mostly against Sauce because I thought we wouldn’t be able to get EDGE and WR at 4/10. I didn’t want Johnson at 4 because i felt it was a reach. I didn’t think we’d be able to trade back for value either. But man just going through the highs and lows. Getting the EDGE and WR we needed. Not reaching for Johnson at 4. And the overall haul. I still can’t believe it. I still think we’ll regret not taking Thibodeaux but the combination of Gardner and Johnson should offset his impact on the Giants if things work out. 

Douglas through 3 drafts has been really good. We just need a couple of those 2020 guys to find consistency and have roles, even as depth on this team. 

• Like 3

If Z.Wilson sucks, that's on him. 

JJ is a edge Rusher all the NFL pass rushers love. He's good at everything. 

With Sauce.... 1,100 coverage and not a single TD given up. While covering Jameson Williams,  he was targeted 4 times. JW had 1 catch for -4yds. No Redzone receptions last season. Only allowed 131yds total for the season.

Wilson was WR1 in this draft. I really thought Atlanta would take him. The best route runner in this class with 4.38 speed. 157.3 passer rating when targeted vs MSN coverage is insane.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Abe56 said:

And personally I dont see safety as a big need.  Got one definite starter with Whitehead, and then Joyner, Davis, or Pinnock is prob good enough to start and some depth.  Even Parks came in late in the season and played well

After JD got done with FA, you could state that about any position group on this team. This draft is all about upgrading which JD has done so admirably. S is absolute in play for us. Maybe less so because Cine and Hill are gone and I question if Brisker, Pitre or any other is good value at 38.

The days of drafting for need may be gone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xrade said:

After JD got done with FA, you could state that about any position group on this team. This draft is all about upgrading which JD has done so admirably. S is absolute in play for us. Maybe less so because Cine and Hill are gone and I question if Brisker, Pitre or any other is good value at 38.

Going to take some time to get used to this.

I think our biggest remaining needs are ILB, DT, S and OL /RB depth. OT/OGs and big RB should be available on day 3. 
At 38 I want either T. jones or L. Chenel but would be happy with Dean, Brisker, T. Anderson, Muna, Nixon, Winfrey or  Jurgens. Hopefully a few QBs go before we draft  so JD has his top pick. 

5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

If Z.Wilson sucks, that's on him. 

JJ is a edge Rusher all the NFL pass rushers love. He's good at everything. 

With Sauce.... 1,100 coverage and not a single TD given up. While covering Jameson Williams,  he was targeted 4 times. JW had 1 catch for -4yds. No Redzone receptions last season. Only allowed 131yds total for the season.

Wilson was WR1 in this draft. I really thought Atlanta would take him. The best route runner in this class with 4.38 speed. 157.3 passer rating when targeted vs MSN coverage is insane.  

Imagine who would be our new CB if we took Edge at 4. JD's grading system has not let him down.

Can't wait to witness Jets taking LB Troy Andersen tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I think our biggest remaining needs are ILB, DT, S and OL /RB depth. OT/OGs and big RB should be available on day 3. 
At 38 I want either T. jones or L. Chenel but would be happy with Dean, Brisker, T. Anderson, Muna, Nixon, Winfrey or  Jurgens. Hopefully a few QBs go before we draft  so JD has his top pick. 

They won't take Jones.  Saleh system doesn't emphasize nose tackles types. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, xrade said:

I think we still drafted for need though with Wilson. In terms of how Douglas set up his board I’m sure need was factored in but didn’t trump Elite talents especially at positions without clear front runners.

It helps to have as much flexibility as we did early on.